Well, that was fun

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
09/18/2016 01:38 AMPosted by Xuraien
09/18/2016 01:23 AMPosted by Relnik

No, not even remotely close.

By my logic people should be allowed to do harder content for cosmetic rewards that have NO IMPACT on your precious progression or story.

If people want to be elitists about unlocking a color or appearance or harder runs, that 's not a Blizzard problem, that's a community and people problem. I've done plenty of Mythics, pugged healers, pugged tanks....etc. Just did Court and Arcway the other night....you know how many hardcore elitists I've ran into? Honestly?

ZERO.

Why? BECAUSE I MAKE MY OWN GROUPS. Every person I've ran with so far, has been super nice, social, helpful....etc. Hell, in Arcway we wiped a few times, cause none of us had done it. We all laughed it off, and blew through it. Good times.

It's not hard, stop acting like Blizzard is cuffing your hands behind your back and making you play with your toes.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. You've had wonderful happy time experiences with nice people. My experience has been the opposite in this game... hell I can't even get into a group to find out how nice they are.

The fact that there is no mechanism to make sure I get the chance regardless of class and at a base iLvl is a fact. You're acting like its "ok" to just have people who get rejected for groups. That's elitism.

There is a mechanism to make sure you get a chance regardless of you class and base iLvl. It's been stated numerous times and for some reason the most basic part of this game seems to befuddle you.
09/18/2016 01:38 AMPosted by Mooadin
09/18/2016 01:32 AMPosted by Dragonian
Stop being a lazy whiny prick we all have to deal with this suck it up and make it happen.

TLDR; Be a man

Holy crap dude, you know you sound like a total !@#. Right first off what right do you have to question anyones manhood. Man that is just a child screaming at his betters. You should say sorry before you find out crap like that makes you seem weak and stupid and makes everything you said worthless.Question my honor too dude go head. My sliver star tops you raid gear any day.

I'll question your honor.

I served for 9 years in the US Army.

You're supposedly still in....please, show proof of your Silver Star or it's stolen valor. Straight up. If you're under an E7 you're not getting a Silver Star unless you did backflips while under fire and threw grenades at the enemy mortar teams, taking out all of them with one stroke.

I was deployed twice too.

Don't bring this garbage into the game threads and try to throw your hardcore military weight around.
09/18/2016 01:32 AMPosted by Dragonian
Stop being a lazy whiny prick we all have to deal with this suck it up and make it happen.

TLDR; Be a man

Holy crap dude, you know you sound like a total !@#. Right first off what right do you have to question anyones manhood. Man that is just a child screaming at his betters. You should say sorry before you find out crap like that makes you seem weak and stupid and makes everything you said worthless.Question my honor too dude go head. My sliver star tops you raid gear any day.

And bragging about your military backgrounds makes you out to be a valor seeker. Either you are one of those stolen valor clowns or you are still on fresh boots and want people to recognize you. Please stop. You are only making yourself look like a fool.
09/18/2016 01:38 AMPosted by Adyarin
09/18/2016 01:34 AMPosted by Xuraien

Do you know how draconian you sound right now?

I have a problem with the current design of "quest progression" for my class/zone quests and I'm airing it out on the forum for the game.

All I'm suggesting is some sort of automatic tool to get people into Mythics. If you want to call that "entitled" then you have a perturbed sense of what entitlement is.

Are you going to complain that you can't get the appearance for doing all the Mythic dungeon achievements next?

Seriously...

AN APPEARANCE IS OPTIONAL.

You have the ability to make your own group & get said appearance, whether you take advantage of that or not is not Blizzards problem, it is your problem.

EVERYTHING IS OPTIONAL IN THIS GAME.

I was presented a quest in a chain like any other quest in my Order Hall. I would like to spend time finishing that quest. Not begging for a group or trying to manage a group finder screen.

And actually... now that I think about it... saying I should just "start my own group" only serves to further the problem along, as now *I* will be forced to reject people. Since there are WAY more people playing DPS than tanking or healing, I will get more requests to join from DPSers.

So maybe I don't want Warlocks in my group cause in this very thread, a Warlock (you) said they are ill-perceived as a DPS class. Now I get to reject all Warlock people of the opportunity to play. So that warlock starts a group and rejects a DPS DK... and that DK starts a group and rejects a warlock... and on and on.

Its inequitable. It's a waste of time. Defending this is ignorant.
Never have I once seen anyone in all the mythics I've done say not to bring a certain class because of there dps. I truly believe your over thinking this. The last thing we need is a group finder for mythic. It's already very easy to start groups and you said you don't want to start groups? Maybe that's your issue then not the system they have in place
09/18/2016 01:46 AMPosted by Xuraien
09/18/2016 01:38 AMPosted by Adyarin

Are you going to complain that you can't get the appearance for doing all the Mythic dungeon achievements next?

Seriously...

AN APPEARANCE IS OPTIONAL.

You have the ability to make your own group & get said appearance, whether you take advantage of that or not is not Blizzards problem, it is your problem.

I was presented a quest in a chain like any other quest in my Order Hall. I would like to spend time finishing that quest. Not begging for a group or trying to manage a group finder screen.

And actually... now that I think about it... saying I should just "start my own group" only serves to further the problem along, as now *I* will be forced to reject people. Since there are WAY more people playing DPS than tanking or healing, I will get more requests to join from DPSers.

So maybe I don't want Warlocks in my group cause in this very thread, a Warlock (you) said they are ill-perceived as a DPS class. Now I get to reject all Warlock people of the opportunity to play. So that warlock starts a group and rejects a DPS DK... and that DK starts a group and rejects a warlock... and on and on.

Jesus christ you're a little baby

"I don't want to start my own group because than i'll have to decide who joins my group"

What the actual !@#$ dude.
09/18/2016 01:42 AMPosted by Relnik

You're supposedly still in....please, show proof of your Silver Star or it's stolen valor. Straight up. If you're under an E7 you're not getting a Silver Star unless you did backflips while under fire and threw grenades at the enemy mortar teams, taking out all of them with one stroke.

Don't bring this garbage into the game threads and try to throw your hardcore military weight around.

I kinda have to agree with you, I'm curious as well now.

My friend Kris was double tapped and was in fire fights 24/7 and never once got that shiny star. Even after recon tracking a group of insurgents back to their hide out after they spent 3 straight months blowing the !@#$ out of their convoys.

The Army usually only ever hands out a Bronze Star unless you do some really bat %^-* crazy stuff and all of that occurred 10+ years ago.
09/18/2016 01:49 AMPosted by Looneyluna
09/18/2016 01:46 AMPosted by Xuraien

"I don't want to start my own group because than i'll have to decide who joins my group"

You're not paying attention bruh. The answer "start your own group" solves nothing, because the human element is still at play in a situation where people should have the same chance to get into Mythics, no matter what.
at least blizzard did right with mop when it comes to rep.. well at the end expansion anyway, we could buy account bound rep bonus one revered, though i prefer honored

So if we have that we can gain rep faster on our alts.
They should step it up a notch also, so when an alt has reached revered and can buy the rep bonus again, it will increase the bonus rep gain again.

So every time an alt reaches revered they can keep reaching it faster and faster.

Could have a cap of 5 times if they don't want to go overboard
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Huh, maybe you

<span class="truncated">...</span>

You're not paying attention bruh. The answer "start your own group" solves nothing, because the human element is still at play in a situation where people should have the same chance to get into Mythics, no matter what.

Bruh, the human element is part of MMO's. Are you sure you aren't the one not paying attention? Especially if you haven't realized that, you know, playing with human beings, jerks or otherwise.....is kind of what happens when you play a massive online only game.

Don't like it, go play a single player game. Or another MMO, like Wizard 101.
09/18/2016 01:53 AMPosted by Xuraien
09/18/2016 01:49 AMPosted by Looneyluna

People do have the same chance to get into Mythics. Last time I checked no one is locked out of creating a group.

I can't tell if this guy is just extremely lazy or trolling at this point.

This is the last i going to say on this. I have 31 years in the army i got it in Bosina. I worked my way through the ranks and went from enlisted to officer. You are right though i was wrong to put it that way. So for that i will say it was wrong. Still it is better if we all stay on subject

Mythics DO NOT belong in LFD. Que'd content, by its very nature, has to be extremely easy. Mythics are supposed to be a bit of a challenge and putting them in the que system would inevitable lead to their simplification.
09/18/2016 12:28 AMPosted by Ràzièl
It's not that bad!

And time i see this phrase the first that that comes to mind is.. Its not good.
Clearly if you feel the need to describe some thing as "not that bad" then its not good ether!

Bruh, the human element is part of MMO's. Are you sure you aren't the one not paying attention? Especially if you haven't realized that, you know, playing with human beings, jerks or otherwise.....is kind of what happens when you play a massive online only game.

Don't like it, go play a single player game.

Again, missing the point. I'm down with random people. Picking and choosing who you play with isn't part of an MMO bruh, and that's exactly what invite-only Mythics do.

It's a "massively multiplayer" game. Not GTA-Online with friends.
09/18/2016 01:57 AMPosted by Nitewolfetx
It's not that bad!

Clearly if you feel the need to describe some thing as "not that bad" then its not good ether!

Bad as in difficult, not bad as in the content is bad
09/18/2016 12:16 AMPosted by Xuraien
Without an auto-queuing mechanism, you have to deal with probably the worst aspect of MMOs... ELITISM.
The worst aspect of MMOs is apathy, which is not only fostered, but is passively encouraged, by LFD/LFR. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the convenience of those, but they foster a toxic and apathetic community. Which, funnily enough, leads to people thinking that "invite only" is a form of "elitism".

09/18/2016 12:16 AMPosted by Xuraien
I spent 20 minutes earlier looking for a group to run Eye of Azshara on Mythic for my Artifact.
GASP! TWENTY whole minutes?! OH TEH HYOO MANATEE!!! Seriously, 20 minutes... this would fall under the category of "crying".

09/18/2016 12:40 AMPosted by Xuraien
People are saying "Go start your own!". Really? I have sit there and manage an application screen for who knows how long, just to run a dungeon?
Welcome to a social game. Sounds like MMOs may not be the genre you should be playing.
09/18/2016 01:57 AMPosted by Nitewolfetx
It's not that bad!

It's fine. It's fun, I had a blast, and I've been doing it for a couple weeks and have more to do tomorrow with my brother. It works fine if you make your own groups.

Better?
09/18/2016 01:50 AMPosted by Redxllikage
09/18/2016 01:42 AMPosted by Relnik

I kinda have to agree with you, I'm curious as well now.

My friend Kris was double tapped and was in fire fights 24/7 and never once got that shiny star. Even after recon tracking a group of insurgents back to their hide out after they spent 3 straight months blowing the !@#$ out of their convoys.

The Army usually only ever hands out a Bronze Star unless you do some really bat %^-* crazy stuff and all of that occurred 10+ years ago.

You are right i got it in Bosina. To my way of thinking i never really earned it but it did move me fast through the ranks. Diffrent times back then
09/18/2016 01:58 AMPosted by Xuraien

Don't like it, go play a single player game.

Again, missing the point. I'm down with random people. Picking and choosing who you play with isn't part of an MMO bruh, and that's exactly what invite-only Mythics do.

It's a "massively multiplayer" game. Not GTA-Online with friends.

Done. I'm out. Balls to this thread and this guy. This is 100% bait at this point.