Well, that was fun

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
09/18/2016 01:56 AMPosted by Earthly
09/18/2016 01:53 AMPosted by Xuraien

You're not paying attention bruh. The answer "start your own group" solves nothing, because the human element is still at play in a situation where people should have the same chance to get into Mythics, no matter what.

People do have the same chance to get into Mythics. Last time I checked no one is locked out of creating a group.

I can't tell if this guy is just extremely lazy or trolling at this point.

Lazy.
09/18/2016 01:56 AMPosted by Wordrias
Mythics DO NOT belong in LFD. Que'd content, by its very nature, has to be extremely easy. Mythics are supposed to be a bit of a challenge and putting them in the que system would inevitable lead to their simplification.

And that was fine... Mythics were optional in WoD. But then Blizzard shouldn't put quests that pop up as part of progression on your zone completion and artifact (and you're welcome to re-hash that definition by reading above) into Mythics then.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Bruh, the human element is part of MMO's. Are you sure you aren't the one not paying attention? Especially if you haven't realized that, you know, playing with human beings, jerks or otherwise.....is kind of what happens when you play a massive online only game.

Don't like it, go play a single player game.

Again, missing the point. I'm down with random people. Picking and choosing who you play with isn't part of an MMO bruh, and that's exactly what invite-only Mythics do.

It's a "massively multiplayer" game. Not GTA-Online with friends.

Actually what you just gave an example of was a single player rpg with multiplayer elements....or like a FPS with multiplayer, like how you queue up in COD or something.

An MMO RPG is not one of those. It fosters social people and working together. If you remove the human element you are left with nothing but a single player game and multiplayer queues.....just like I said above.

You have no concept of genre, and don't even know what they hell you're talking about when it comes to features.

Please, stop, and go away. You can't even grasp that the artifact appearance is optional for god's sake. You're not going to listen to reason from anyone and are likely just wanting attention.
*Glances around shiftily.*

I uh... I only read the first page of this thread so maybe this was suggested in a subsequent post...

But if you don't like applying for Mythics... why not start your own Mythic group and be the guy taking applications?

I haven't personally had to do this yet, I just search the Mythic dungeon I want to do, look at all the groups still looking for dps, and spam apply to all of them. Refresh and repeat until someone invites me. Hasn't failed yet and now I'm waiting for Emerald Nightmare to unlock to continue the quest chain talked about in the OP.
09/18/2016 02:02 AMPosted by Vairal

I uh... I only read the first page of this thread so maybe this was suggested in a subsequent post...

But if you don't like applying for Mythics... why not start your own Mythic group and be the guy taking applications?

I haven't personally had to do this yet, I just search the Mythic dungeon I want to do, look at all the groups still looking for dps, and spam apply to all of them. Refresh and repeat until someone invites me. Hasn't failed yet and now I'm waiting for Emerald Nightmare to unlock to continue the quest chain talked about in the OP.

Because the OP feels bad that he can't take everybody with him in his group.
09/18/2016 02:00 AMPosted by Vaera
Done. I'm out. Balls to this thread and this guy. This is 100% bait at this point.

Sounds good. We've plenty of "pro-gamer" elitism in the thread.
This thread is epically mythic.
09/18/2016 02:03 AMPosted by Xuraien
Done. I'm out. Balls to this thread and this guy. This is 100% bait at this point.

ROFL

This is the stupidest thing you've said the entire thread.

How is it bad to be "pro-gamer" when talking about a !@#$%^- video game?!?! That's elitist now?!?!

I'm out. You're probably the most asinine poster I've had the displeasure of dealing with on these forums....and there have been a few. Congrats.

I love how you say that as a bad thing... While in a forums for a game...
The hell was with the quote spam?
I think we finally broke him.
09/18/2016 02:02 AMPosted by Vairal

I have to agree and most of you are right, it is a MMORF so we sailors should just leave we are not wanted anyway. I see that now just how angry people get over this GAME. Better to walk and leave the farming and trade stuff to the guys that do dungeons. Hey let them farm junk it is a game olny for group players.
09/18/2016 02:03 AMPosted by Adyarin

Welp, then I've got nothing else for OP. My spam app strategy hasn't failed me yet though, and from what I hear Retribution is one of the worst PvE DPS specs in the game right now (I wouldn't know, I haven't ever downloaded recount to find out my dps, and I grinded an 850 ilvl from world quests so I've never had complaints or been kicked from a group)

On top of your statement of...
09/18/2016 01:58 AMPosted by Xuraien
Picking and choosing who you play with isn't part of an MMO bruh
...you then say that being a pro-gamer is elitist. Well, congrats. You managed to troll people for over five pages.
09/18/2016 02:09 AMPosted by Vairal
09/18/2016 02:03 AMPosted by Adyarin

Welp, then I've got nothing else for OP. My spam app strategy hasn't failed me yet though, and from what I hear Retribution is one of the worst PvE DPS specs in the game right now (I wouldn't know, I haven't ever downloaded recount to find out my dps, and I grinded an 850 ilvl from world quests so I've never had complaints or been kicked from a group)

From what I've seen Ret DPS is pretty bad at the moment. That being said I would never turn one down unless they were facerolling the keyboard and getting out DPS'd by a healer =)

ROFL

How is it bad to be "pro gamer" when talking about a !@#$%^- video game?!?! That's elitist now?!?!

I'm out. You're probably the most asinine poster I've had the displeasure of dealing with on these forums....and there have been a few. Congrats.

Again, missing the point. I'm down with random people. Picking and choosing who you play with isn't part of an MMO bruh, and that's exactly what invite-only Mythics do.

It's a "massively multiplayer" game. Not GTA-Online with friends.

Actually what you just gave an example of was a single player rpg with multiplayer elements....or like a FPS with multiplayer, like how you queue up in COD or something.

An MMO RPG is not one of those. It fosters social people and working together. If you remove the human element you are left with nothing but a single player game and multiplayer queues.....just like I said above.

You have no concept of genre, and don't even know what they hell you're talking about when it comes to features.

Please, stop, and go away. You can't even grasp that the artifact appearance is optional for god's sake. You're not going to listen to reason from anyone and are likely just wanting attention.

LOL, that's hilarious. And you're definitely ignorant about a great number of things and literally have no idea what you're talking about.

I've been playing MMOs since UO and EQ. There was a time in MMO history, where all "dungeons" were open shared areas. Hordes of players would descend into the depths of areas where the gear upgrades were and fight over spawns. I remember sitting there for 36 hours straight camping one mob just to get ONE belt. We had to create our own "line" of players who would get the next drop, and cycle people through.

I know about MMO cooperation on a level you probably have no idea of.

But with instanced zones, all that changed. All LFG/LFR did was take the administrative burden of getting people to play together out of the hands of the players, so not to be burdened with a manually intensive, and at many times, innately unfair process.

You're arguing for regression.

People didn't care if Mythics were that way in WoD, cause they didn't really give anything that was required to further your class. If you didn't like them you could just ignore them. Blizzard is trying to change that by funneling zone quests and the artifact chain into them. It's not going to work out.
09/18/2016 02:13 AMPosted by Earthly
From what I've seen Ret DPS is pretty bad at the moment. That being said I would never turn one down unless they were facerolling the keyboard and getting out DPS'd by a healer =)

Yeah and I haven't run into any of the supposed ret hate you can find being talked about on the paladin forums, where there are threads of people crying about being kicked from heroics for being rets and what not /eyeroll.

I dunno, hear a lot about it, not experiencing it... guess it doesn't matter to me. I'm an RPer and a PvPer at heart anyways, and I can still win WPvP fights and top the charts in BGs so I'm happy. Just gonna do PvE this expac for the lore and the cool artifact quests.

ROFL

How is it bad to be "pro gamer" when talking about a !@#$%^- video game?!?! That's elitist now?!?!

LOL, that's hilarious. And you're definitely ignorant about a great number of things and literally have no idea what you're talking about.

I've been playing MMOs since UO and EQ. There was a time in MMO history, where all "dungeons" were open shared areas. Hordes of players would descend into the depths of areas where the gear upgrades were and fight over spawns. I remember sitting there for 36 hours straight camping one mob just to get ONE belt. We had to create our own "line" of players who would get the next drop, and cycle people through.

I know about MMO cooperation on a level you probably have no idea of.

But with instanced zones, all that changed. All LFG/LFR did was take the administrative burden of getting people to play together out of the hands of the players, so not to be burdened with a manually intensive, and at many times, innately unfair process.

You're arguing for regression.

People didn't care if Mythics were that way in WoD, cause they didn't really give anything that was required to further your class. If you didn't like them you could just ignore them. Blizzard is trying to change that by funneling zone quests and the artifact chain into them. It's not going to work out.

None of that is relevant to now.

The only thing relevant right now is your inability to start your own groups.
This thread is gold.