People are already skipping mobs in dungeons

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
first of all, it was my first time in the dungeon (that druids-filled instance) and I wanted to see waht's up... but no. people are already bored with it and want to grind things and 'skip' mobs. most of the time we only ended up pulling pat mobs.

second, I don't get it.... even if it is your/their fourth run, whats really wrong with wanting to take the normal path pulling a few extra mobs the old-fashioned way.

Billz, can you please do something so that we don't rush through content like mechanical hogs? can you actually make the dungeons challenging as heck so that one miss-pull could wipe people out??

wanting some REAL dungeon experience.
This is what I worry about queuing up for LFD to finish my questing/professions...is the thing I need some random drop? Is it something I have to find and pick up? Is it in a chest? If it's either one of those last two and I get one of those groups that wants to race through I'm screwed.....

What is it with people?
I have seen so many tanks in a hurry to skip packs as well, it usually ends poorly as someone agros the pack and then we have to fight them anyway and the tank gets a messy pull. I'm getting close to just running dungeons with guild groups to avoid the annoyance of pug tanks rushing through stuff.
09/05/2016 09:15 AMPosted by Ragingfire
can you actually make the dungeons challenging as heck so that one miss-pull could wipe people out??

They did this in Cataclysm and it blew up in their faces super hard.
The dungeons themselves are also not worth much experience. The real prize is the quest for the pillar at the end that gives you around a third of a level.

If you're talking abut level 110, though, then of course people are going to try to make it as fast as possible.
Well, one solution is to queue as Prot and run through the dungeon at your own pace and pull as many mobs as you want.
UHHHHHH ya how else are we going to find the fastest way to do dungeons. You have to do the science
@Cartis
yes I did queue up as a tank, and I was talked down upon half the instance's duration, that I had to quit.
As a tank, I had less say and received no cooperation.
Fyi, that is the real dungeon experience. Maximizing gain for your time. Individual mobs are worthless.

Also fyi, this happened on day 1.
Help, I play with random people and they won't play the way I want them to! Blizzard, make everyone play the way I want them to, thanks!
09/05/2016 09:21 AMPosted by Seney
pug tanks rushing through stuff.
To be fair, more often than not if we don't rush then we're berated or DerPS pull ahead while the current pack is still up... So basically it sucks either way :(
I've learned a long time ago that if I want the entire dungeon experience I pretty much have to go in with a pre-made group where everyone is interested in the same thing.
I queued up as a tank for my last dungeon. Someone asked if we could go out of the way kill a rare they needed. So we did. Sometimes that's all it takes. It never hurts to ask.
I'd hate to be "that guy" but run with a guild or make the group yourself letting them know your intentions. Then kick accordingly.
09/05/2016 09:19 AMPosted by Patryxia
This is what I worry about queuing up for LFD to finish my questing/professions...is the thing I need some random drop? Is it something I have to find and pick up? Is it in a chest? If it's either one of those last two and I get one of those groups that wants to race through I'm screwed.....

What is it with people?

So far, the instanced based quests all have their reward/item tied to the end boss and if it's a drop, it's guaranteed.

Otherwise, trash mobs are trash, and trash smells.
Most people will slow down if you ask. I don't understand why doing things quickly is considered bad recently. I hate going in with a tank that pulls ever mob.
first of all, it was my first time in the dungeon (that druids-filled instance) and I wanted to see waht's up... but no. people are already bored with it and want to grind things and 'skip' mobs. most of the time we only ended up pulling pat mobs.

second, I don't get it.... even if it is your/their fourth run, whats really wrong with wanting to take the normal path pulling a few extra mobs the old-fashioned way.

Billz, can you please do something so that we don't rush through content like mechanical hogs? can you actually make the dungeons challenging as heck so that one miss-pull could wipe people out??

There were tools doing this on DAY TWO.

Really sucks if your doing a world quest or a class quest for an optional mini-boss or something.

Will take you 5 random groups to get 4 other people that aren't self-centered geekboys drooling all over themselves in a hurry to rush to max ilvl.
Been that way since last Tuesday-- my first live run of Eye of Azshara was last Tuesday and we were skipping a LOT of the mobs left and right. People have run them in the beta, in some cases, or watched videos. The goal is efficiency. That will always be the case with any PUG content in an MMO. Only way to do it otherwise is to be in a premade group with friends or guildmates who also want to be completionist -- pretty much everything else will be min/max efficiency, because most people want to be as efficient as possible when playing.
We perform a task if there is a reward. If there is no reward or no reward worth the effort than powergamers (self included) will skip it by any means necessary sometimes taking longer than it would to just kill them trying to jump up an elaborate slope.

Additionally it may seem silly but when it comes to Mythics being timed you practice your strategy in heroics trying to get the route down pat.

I had this problem as well the last few days.

Tanks in Halls of Valor and Eye just running ahead at level 110 (which I am not yet) and not taking a moment to make sure that

A) People didn't pull a mob on accident because of unfamiliarty with the place
B) People know the fights
C) That the people in your group MIGHT be under 110 and could use a extra moment.

It's not a rush. It's really not.
There are a lot of players you group with via LFD who simply don't have the awareness of their surroundings necessary to skip trash. They don't seem to care, either. I'd rather just kill the trash to prevent headaches.

It's a skill I honed from dodging those doomlords in the Tainted Scar back in vanilla, but I do hit the wrong button now and again and aggro, or lose my head for a second and then have to endure the ire of the group for having to backtrack.

Basically: kill trash in LFD, skip away when grouping with guildies/friends.