People are already skipping mobs in dungeons

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
skipping mobs when everyone isn't prepared is what makes dungeons hard. remember the everbloom.
[quote="207474479832"]
If you're talking abut level 110, though, then of course people are going to try to make it as fast as possible.
And when someone accidentally pulls, going around suddenly takes longer than had we just pulled in the first place.
Wait. The druid one. Darkheart?

Please tell me you don't consider going through the obvious hole in the roots or whatever as "skipping mobs". Its not anywear near Everbloom levels of skipping, its part of the normal terrain.

Worst case scenario a pull happens anyway either from the pat or the group closest to the road and you still skipped 2 worthless trash packs.
If it is a mythic dungeon there is no way I am pulling all the trash. It takes way too damn long, it is already around twice the duration of a heroic dungeon because no damage bonus and the trash are gigantic HP sponges. Going to be getting my damage nerfed too to boot which is going to make things that much slower. I don't rush people in dungeons but most people in there are in it for the fat loots. Unfortunately, trash has nothing but [ogre toe nail] x2 selling for like 1g. If people want me to pull all the trash (which is pointless) then they can find an another tank, I don't want to spend an entire afternoon running a mythic dungeon. I've never gotten a single complaint for hugging a wall and avoiding trash mobs, my group actually probably is quite thankful since we aren't wasting an another 5 minutes killing trash mobs when we could be spending that killing a boss. Either allow trash mobs to have perhaps drops on them that aren't worthless or this is the way it is going to be for the whole expansion.

Imagine if the trash in Halls of Valor couldn't be skipped.. the horror.. the horror..
No thanks, dungeons are damn boring. They should make them easier to farm if anything.
09/05/2016 09:15 AMPosted by Ragingfire

Billz, can you please do something so that we don't rush through content like mechanical hogs? can you actually make the dungeons challenging as heck so that one miss-pull could wipe people out??

wanting some REAL dungeon experience.
Last time they tried doing that was the start of Cataclysm and it simply did not work. Classes like death knights and warriors for example were auto kicked from heroics for simply not having any hard CC if they weren't a tank. You can go ahead and find threads and threads on google about it back when cata launched. Also experienced it first hand as I played a death knight and I ended up rerolling a shadow priest because I would get kicked before the first trash pack every time.
There's a really simple fix that would stop the trash skipping. Once the boss is engaged, any trash before that boss that's still live comes to the boss's defense.

It does make sense. In most cases (from a story perspective) that trash is there to prevent groups from reaching the boss in the first place. Seems only natural that the boss would recall them if they fail to do their job but are still alive.

A mechanic like that would actually let Blizzard reduce the amount of trash they add in. Sometimes I think most of the trash is there because Blizzard is trying to make sure there's at least a few groups you can't avoid. If pulling the boss would bring them all down on you, groups would stop going out of their way to avoid the trash since that would just make the boss fight that much harder.

09/19/2016 12:39 AMPosted by Cursedblade
No thanks, dungeons are damn boring. They should make them easier to farm if anything.

If you're that bored with them, don't do them. There are other sources of gear.
You pull the mobs that you need to pull, you leave the mobs that won't cause a problem.

Wanting to do a full clear in these dungeons is... /shudder...
Yeah I have stopped queueing for dungeons unless its with a guild group, I got a run of go fast Tanks who didn't read chat or check my mana and took stupid risks, I even had 3 groups kick their tanks because of the above, yes I know its not just tanks but as a heals thats what I experienced.

Best answer rolle with the guild, then you can do what you like, or you are going to be at the mercy of the person pulling, of course some mobs are skippable and its quite ok to, its when people go out of the way to do it, or skip ones that will be a problem later that annoies me
09/05/2016 09:23 AMPosted by Cartis
Well, one solution is to queue as Prot and run through the dungeon at your own pace and pull as many mobs as you want.

Until the DPS gets impatient and starts pulling.
I tank quite often in PuGs and skip trash packs whenever possible and I've received no complaints. You don't get much XP these days from killing dungeon mobs anyway. I'll oblige if someone needs to kill a mob for a quest, but other than that, it's straight to the bosses on the path of least resistance and from there into the sunset. The maps are largely linear in any case, so in the vast majority of cases skipping mobs along the road to the main event (i.e. bosses) doesn't detract from the scenic tour.
Trash shouldn't be skippable in general, It does nothing but cheapen the entire dungeoneering experience and broods lazy players,

-Have trash that wasn't dealt with aggro when the boss is pulled
-Give bosses a buff depending on how much trash preceding it are alive
-Make the boss completely unattackable if all trash before it wasn't cleared
Time is money friend.

Ofc people are going to pick the most efficient route, and some people find it fun to try completing it as fast as they can.
I skipped as many mobs as possible on my first run thru these places. #LivingTheDream
For me, it really depends on the length of the dungeon and how people tend to be playing. It seems to me that I've ran into two different types of people: those who skip a lot and those who pull everything. I'd prefer to play with those who skip a lot.

If all the trash was pulled in Eye of Azshara or Neltharion's Lair, I would leave. Dark Heart Thicket too.

Like I get it, if you need a profession item, speak up. Most people will normally clear so you could get it. But if you just stay silent about it, do you expect them to just read your mind?

Also, when I'm chain running heroics it's because I'm trying to get a legendary item. Trash doesn't drop them, only bosses do. So I will try to maximize my run.
09/05/2016 09:22 AMPosted by Mirs
09/05/2016 09:15 AMPosted by Ragingfire
can you actually make the dungeons challenging as heck so that one miss-pull could wipe people out??

They did this in Cataclysm and it blew up in their faces super hard.
No it didn't. It was 2-3 weeks of people being a bit cautious with pulls and then they got entry-level dungeon gear and started the usual pack-ae-pull.

I miss the coordinated CC/strike days of vanilla and TBC but, with the idiots in LFD it would be sheer hell -- it's hard enough to keep them from DPS-tanking as it is. Sadly, they just keep catering LDF more and more toward idiots with face-roll trash-packs then hyper-dancy bosses.

I hate dungeons now. Even with friends, I hate them. No skill needed, no coordination needed, no teamwork needed, just dps-dps-dps. End result: no humanity, you are just your ilevel/dps/damage number. Even the government still admits your human, not so Blizzard's endgame.
09/19/2016 12:55 AMPosted by Joynal
There's a really simple fix that would stop the trash skipping. Once the boss is engaged, any trash before that boss that's still live comes to the boss's defense.

It does make sense. In most cases (from a story perspective) that trash is there to prevent groups from reaching the boss in the first place. Seems only natural that the boss would recall them if they fail to do their job but are still alive.

A mechanic like that would actually let Blizzard reduce the amount of trash they add in. Sometimes I think most of the trash is there because Blizzard is trying to make sure there's at least a few groups you can't avoid. If pulling the boss would bring them all down on you, groups would stop going out of their way to avoid the trash since that would just make the boss fight that much harder.
This, I could get behind. Strongly.
well with a bad group the dungeons take like 40 minutes so I dont blame anyone that wants to make it faster. In fact when people pull the extra mobs thats my queue to auto attack and go make a coffee
09/05/2016 09:19 AMPosted by Patryxia
This is what I worry about queuing up for LFD to finish my questing/professions...is the thing I need some random drop? Is it something I have to find and pick up? Is it in a chest? If it's either one of those last two and I get one of those groups that wants to race through I'm screwed.....

What is it with people?

All the stuff you need for quests you get for pretty much killing the last boss. No rng involved.

One and done.
09/19/2016 01:38 AMPosted by Drako
All the stuff you need for quests you get for pretty much killing the last boss. No rng involved.

One and done.

the enchanting one you have to get a stone rubbing. I just asked the tank to pull the extra pack so I could do my quest nicely and the madman actually did it