People are already skipping mobs in dungeons

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
Honestly we are at the point where you can pull 3 heroic trash packs and be fine. I did maw of souls yesterday in 15 mins or less. However you shouldn't go too ham on mythic.
09/05/2016 09:15 AMPosted by Ragingfire
first of all, it was my first time in the dungeon (that druids-filled instance) and I wanted to see waht's up... but no. people are already bored with it and want to grind things and 'skip' mobs. most of the time we only ended up pulling pat mobs.

second, I don't get it.... even if it is your/their fourth run, whats really wrong with wanting to take the normal path pulling a few extra mobs the old-fashioned way.

Billz, can you please do something so that we don't rush through content like mechanical hogs? can you actually make the dungeons challenging as heck so that one miss-pull could wipe people out??

wanting some REAL dungeon experience.

So you want to waste time killing pointless trash for what actual reason?
09/19/2016 01:30 AMPosted by Juggatroll
I skipped as many mobs as possible on my first run thru these places. #LivingTheDream

Keep fighting the good fight, brotha'!
HE WANTS TO DO TRASH
If there was better rewards ( guaranteed rewards as well. not RNG based ones ) then id be happy to spend over an hour clearing and fighting through a 'difficult' dungeon. No problem.

However I spent an hour in mythic Halls of Valour the other day only to end up getting nothing...

Not what I call progress. I skip what I can because I am a casual gamer and I don't have time for RNG.
I prefer a smooth run over a fast run, but I want my smooth run to be as fast as possible.
It is one of the most unfortunate developments ever in the game. The hurried lifestyle of society today is even in the games we choose to play to get away from all the hustle and bustle of daily life. Ergo, the stresses and pressures of everyday life are brought into the game by the people that are looking at doing a dungeon or raid as though they are looking at a corporate P&L statement. Everything must be a rush-rush-rush to get to the finish with as much loot as they can carry. They find nothing fun about the journey, only in reaching the end

When I first started playing the friends that got me into the game used to take me into a dungeon (I remember specifically RFC) and take me to all the dead ends, all the hidden trails, all the bosses, etc.. We explored everything. As time passed I would take the new recruits through the same adventures in RFC, WC, et al. All would be explored and enjoyed.

Now, with random groups and the hurried pace of the corporate minded gamer, I haven't done much (if any) dungeons in years. I avoid the amphetamine adjusted, the overbearing loud-mouths, the know-it-alls, and the just plain 'I'm-better-than-you's.

Basically that means I had no hope of getting the moose mount because all of my guildies left over the last two expansions and LFG/LFR is generally populated with people that fit the above descriptions. So much so that I did one or two dungeons in MoP and not a single instance all through WoD. It just didn't seem worth the hassle and abuse that Blizzard has allowed to run rampant.

So I know where you are coming from because I play games to relax and get away from the people in society that cause the ulcers, depressions, burnout, etc., which has led me over the years to play a MMO-single-O. It's not as much fun as it used to be but it keeps me enjoying my favorite game in some way.
If I see a pack of mobs that does not need to be pulled, I will typically try to bypass it unless a member of the group specifically requests that we do otherwise or I believe that someone is going to accidentally facepull. I play this way because the large majority of the playerbase seems more interested in getting to the boss as swiftly and efficiently as possible so they can get their loot or quest credit. These people aren't running dungeons because they like doing the same thing over and over, they're doing it for whatever reward they expect to gain for their efforts.

When you enter a dungeon, you become part of that group, and the general interest of that group is what drives the dungeon experience. It usually helps improve the overall experience if, when you opt-in to a random group of players, you run with the pack rather than trying to make the other players do things your way. Not everyone wants to pull everything. Not everyone wants to spend that extra time when they could get the same rewards by doing it the quick way. Not everyone wants to play your way, and that's fine.

My advice is to find players who DO want to play your way and stick with them. Add them on BNet and join/create a guild for yourselves. Make friends with those who play like you do and you'll find yourself enjoying the game far more than if you had spent your time going against the grain.
Queue with 2 friends, roll a hunter, or have a hunter as one of those friends. Pull the mobs, MD them to the tank, when he tries to kick you, your friends deny the vote. XD
09/19/2016 02:03 AMPosted by Sugormagala
Queue with 2 friends, roll a hunter, or have a hunter as one of those friends. Pull the mobs, MD them to the tank, when he tries to kick you, your friends deny the vote. XD
As a tank, I would like to convey the biggest middle finger in the universe to anyone that does this. That sort of behavior is what people are referring to when they talk about the toxic community in LFD.
09/19/2016 12:55 AMPosted by Joynal
There's a really simple fix that would stop the trash skipping. Once the boss is engaged, any trash before that boss that's still live comes to the boss's defense.

There are a few bosses that do that in the older raids. At the very least it would be a good way to let you number pad.
09/05/2016 09:19 AMPosted by Patryxia
This is what I worry about queuing up for LFD to finish my questing/professions...is the thing I need some random drop? Is it something I have to find and pick up? Is it in a chest? If it's either one of those last two and I get one of those groups that wants to race through I'm screwed.....

What is it with people?

Just train the mobs to the tank and quickly pick up the items... If you get kicked at least you have what you need...
09/05/2016 09:19 AMPosted by Patryxia
This is what I worry about queuing up for LFD to finish my questing/professions...is the thing I need some random drop? Is it something I have to find and pick up? Is it in a chest? If it's either one of those last two and I get one of those groups that wants to race through I'm screwed.....

What is it with people?

It's usually from a boss or laying in plain view to click on.
Well I tank so mobs only get skipped if I say so.
Why wouldn't skip mobs if you are able. People aren't being Jerks or neck beard elitist just because they want to get tho the dungeon in the most efficient way possible, its just that the most efficient way. Sounds to me like you are whining about nothing.
Most people will slow down if you ask. I don't understand why doing things quickly is considered bad recently. I hate going in with a tank that pulls ever mob.

That why I like ff14 dungeons over WoW ones. Killing mobs is worse it but in WoW it's worth nothing not even good exp.
09/05/2016 09:27 AMPosted by Khameleon
Help, I play with random people and they won't play the way I want them to! Blizzard, make everyone play the way I want them to, thanks!

And THIS is why gating normal content by the whims of other players will NEVER be a good idea.
09/19/2016 02:46 AMPosted by Sintestra
09/19/2016 02:03 AMPosted by Sugormagala
As a tank, I would like to convey the biggest middle finger in the universe to anyone that does this. That sort of behavior is what people are referring to when they talk about the toxic community in LFD.

As someone who runs dungeons. Id like to convey to you that maybe you shouldnt try and force everyone to rush through as the tank, then maybe people would respect you more and not be so "toxic" towards you. And yes, Sugormagala is my character also.

The tanks in my guild pull at a normal pace, we dont rush anyone, and we have and are some of the top geared people in our battlegroup. So, im not really worried about anything. And before you go about claiming that your tank is all that, give me a name so I can look it up only to reply with "No you arent".
09/05/2016 09:21 AMPosted by Seney
I have seen so many tanks in a hurry to skip packs as well, it usually ends poorly as someone agros the pack and then we have to fight them anyway and the tank gets a messy pull. I'm getting close to just running dungeons with guild groups to avoid the annoyance of pug tanks rushing through stuff.

This is what I'm doing.

After our guild raiding we usually have time and members to do a legion dungeon. So much easier when you're doing it with people you like and trust.