Class Campaign Title

Priest
The title High Priest should be gender interchangeable. If you have a female character it should be High Priestess. It doesn't make sense otherwise. Blizz please do it, or at least give us the option to change it if we want to.

PRIESTESS is a lore-appropriate title for warcraft. Every female priest NPC in my class hall has the title of priestess. DO IT
*Triggered*
Does it make any less sense than the class name being the same for both genders?
I tend to think of unmodified word forms as gender-neutral — like, I refer to actors as "actor" regardless of gender, and never use "actress".

It would be different if English were like Spanish or Sanskrit or whatever, and had separate gender endings for different genders, but Germanic languages tend to create feminine forms by adding suffixes (-ess, -ette, etc.). This seems kind of trivializing to me, like referring to someone as a "lady doctor". This is particularly true in a language like English, which unlike German has no formal gender, so that the unsuffixed form appears neutral rather than masculine. So I tend to just use the unmarked form for all genders.

As such, I have no problem with female characters being called "high priest".

That said, for priests IRL, I do like to refer to female Episcopalian priests as "priestesses", just because of how hilariously pagan it sounds. :D

(And while we're on the subject, can I just say how much I hate this "Crazy Cat Man" title? It should have been "Crazy Cat Lady" regardless of gender.)
Its not because I'm a crazy SJW and I am "triggered" by the patriarchy. I'm a lore nerd, and my priest is a Night Elf female, there are Priestesses in Night Elf lore. It was the main reason I made a Night Elf Female Priest, the Priestesses of Elune from WC3.

Blizz should do this. It doesn't really make sense for any other class hall as much as it does for priests. There are priestesses in every corner of Warcraft Lore.
Where's my "Pope" title?
09/13/2016 08:30 AMPosted by Toccata
Where's my "Pope" title?
Space Pope of the Space Temple
If it has to be High Priest instead of Cardinal or something like that, I much prefer Priest to Priestess. It's sort of a lame title, anyway, though =\
I want to be High Priestess Priestescow~
I know it's the messed up armory, but it's hilarious to see you talking about being a Night Elf female (Even says it under the name on the forum avi) and your armory picture showing a bearded male human.
09/13/2016 11:25 AMPosted by Tiakatt
If it has to be High Priest instead of Cardinal or something like that, I much prefer Priest to Priestess. It's sort of a lame title, anyway, though =\

Yes it is. I got my 3rd relic last night and I'm like "meh, I'll keep Proven Healer."
09/13/2016 11:51 AMPosted by Blaiyne
09/13/2016 11:25 AMPosted by Tiakatt

Yes it is. I got my 3rd relic last night and I'm like "meh, I'll keep Proven Healer."

I'm still rocking Undying after all this time. A little salty we never got Immortal because of the Raz bug, but meh.
I love Lord of War, but super salty that my female Shadow Priest has Lady of War instead.
09/13/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Amideus
I know it's the messed up armory, but it's hilarious to see you talking about being a Night Elf female (Even says it under the name on the forum avi) and your armory picture showing a bearded male human.

I know ^_^