Legion Companion App FAQ

General Discussion
1 2 3 14 Next
With the release of the WoW Legion Companion App, we’ve seen a number of questions from the community that we’d like to address. Here are some answers to some of the most-frequently asked questions:

Q: Why do I keep getting the same notifications when I close the app?
A: This is a known issue, which we plan to fix in the next update to the Legion Companion App.

Q: My authenticator app is on the same device as the WoW app, is there a way to avoid having to switch to the Authenticator app to approve a code while logging in?
A: There are two ways to avoid this. When you get the “Check your Authenticator for request…” message, do one of the following:
  • 1) Swipe down on the notification itself to reveal an “Approve” button. Tap that and login will continue.
  • 2) Scroll down and tap the “Use Authenticator Security Code” link. This should import a code automatically from the Authenticator app if it is on the same device. Then scroll down and tap “Submit” to enter the code.

Q: I have a character that has champions, but the app says it doesn’t, and won’t let me log in. What’s going on?
A: This is a known issue and a fix is being applied, but it may take a day to fully update world-wide. As a workaround, try logging in and out of the affected character on your computer before logging in on the app.

Q: Why do I have to log in every time I use the app?
A: You don’t! If you are on the title screen and have previously logged in, you should see the “Characters” button. Tap that instead of “Login” and you will bypass the login step and go straight to character selection.

Q: Will the Legion Companion App be released for Windows or Amazon phones?
A: We are currently not planning to support any platforms other than iOS and Android at this time.
have about the wod garrison app,

and doing anything about class hall tab on the minimap breaking the garrison report
Does/will the companion app have the capability to manage Artifact Knowledge research work orders?
Cool, but will the app be updated so I can be logged in both the app and the game at the same time? The app's views of world quests (and especially the filtering) are helpful, but no so much if I can't use it while I'm actually in the game.
While the Recruit option seems to allow starting the process to acquire more troops, it doesn't seem to offer a way to actually activate/collect them for use. Will this be in a later release, or must we login to collect them (as I had to today)?
the companion app looks awesome so far.
Without Microsoft, Wow would have never happened. Kind of a shame you will not support your customers who have supported you and whom use Windows phone devices. Please don't tell me you do not have the resources to create the app for Windows phone.
Is it intentional for the app to log you out of wow on use?
Please allow for being logged into the app as well as the game, simultaneously; as well as for the WoW Armory app.
Please allow simultaneous logins from the apps as well as the pc.
09/06/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Palatina
While the Recruit option seems to allow starting the process to acquire more troops, it doesn't seem to offer a way to actually activate/collect them for use. Will this be in a later release, or must we login to collect them (as I had to today)?
This is definitely in already. Look at the Recruit screen and there should be recruits with a green portrait. Those are the ones that you can "collect".
Stuck on "connecting".
I tapped "login" but haven't told the app what account to log into... Is this a feature?
09/06/2016 07:27 PMPosted by Slatra
Stuck on "connecting".
I tapped "login" but haven't told the app what account to log into... Is this a feature?

^ This exactly, everyone is talking about how amazing the app is but I'm just staring at a "Connecting..." text box on the top of my phone.
09/06/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Palatina

Yeah, push the collect button. It's right there next to the recruits.
Please add the flavor text to missions

Adding the functionality of the Armory app would be a plus as well. That app needs an UI update

Thanks!
I have two questions.

1. Is there an option to turn off sounds?

2. Are you aware that, on an iPhone 5, if you're listening to a podcast, the volume is dropped when using the App but it returns to the previous level when it's in the background
WHY DID YOU GUYS DO THIS TO KOSUMOTH, HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!
Found a checkbox to turn off sound fx under the search magnifying glass. But if you uncheck it and tap ok. It stays off while the app is still open. It doesn't stay off between closing the app and coming back later. This is on iOS and is left running in the background.
The actual frequently asked question: Any plans to include artifact knowledge research? That's the most important thing to not miss.
Just hope it doesn't log me out of the game when I'm playing... just saves me a trip and a hearthstone cd :)
How do I change characters on the app? I have an iPhone 6 and I can't seem to find a "back" button to switch to my other characters to check their missions. Thanks!