PVP players should not get PVE Rewarded.

Mage
Fire at it's core is a mediocre spec with tons of RNG.<Not the issue.

Why would Blizzard be buffing Frost for a raid-viable spec as it's meant to be a PVP spec?

This is what you're doing;

I am a PVE Fire Mage- I have dumped all my artifact power into the fire weapon for the purpose of being the elite spec for PVE Content- what you are doing is removing everything I have done for weeks on this character. (It takes 5.2million to complete an artifact currently)(No one is close to 5.2million, top is 300k~ish)

The people who PVP play frost, they dumped the same amount of points into it as I for the SPECIFIC PURPOSE OF PVPING. It is NOT the spec to go for PVE(Raids/Mythics specifically). YOU DO NOT<< NOT<<< go Frost for PVM/PVE.

So instead of balancing the specs as a whole and making ARCANE a viable spec- WHICH IS WHAT BLIZZARD SHOULD BE DOING. You are hotfixing Frost to be the better of 2 specs(Based on PTR Buffs)

Start everyone at Square 1 by making Arcane good- atleast then you won't piss off the entire Mage population that PVMs. I will gladly use Arcane if it ensures that I'm on equal footing compared to the PVPers.

Problems with Arcane;

Mana Consumption

Rotation delays

Damage synergies

Mastery is underpowered

Levels 15, 60, 90, and 100 Talents are underpowered

100% Haste bug even makes the spec unviable
Why do you assume that everyone that plays frost is for pvp?
09/16/2016 02:08 PMPosted by Riisi
Why do you assume that everyone that plays frost is for pvp?

It's a fact, not an assumption. I'm not talking about you 75k frost mages that have played '1' spec for the entire expansion because it was easy to level with. I'm talking about the raiders & semi-casuals that want to get content down.

Don't derail the subject because you are a troll pve player.
Fire at it's core is a mediocre spec with tons of RNG.<Not the issue.

Why would Blizzard be buffing Frost for a raid-viable spec as it's meant to be a PVP spec?

This is what you're doing;

I am a PVE Fire Mage- I have dumped all my artifact power into the fire weapon for the purpose of being the elite spec for PVE Content- what you are doing is removing everything I have done for weeks on this character. (It takes 5.2million to complete an artifact currently)(No one is close to 5.2million, top is 300k~ish)

The people who PVP play frost, they dumped the same amount of points into it as I for the SPECIFIC PURPOSE OF PVPING. It is NOT the spec to go for PVE(Raids/Mythics specifically). YOU DO NOT<< NOT<<< go Frost for PVM/PVE.

So instead of balancing the specs as a whole and making ARCANE a viable spec- WHICH IS WHAT BLIZZARD SHOULD BE DOING. You are hotfixing Frost to be the better of 2 specs(Based on PTR Buffs)

Start everyone at Square 1 by making Arcane good- atleast then you won't piss off the entire Mage population that PVMs. I will gladly use Arcane if it ensures that I'm on equal footing compared to the PVPers.

Problems with Arcane;

Mana Consumption

Rotation delays

Damage synergies

Mastery is underpowered

Levels 15, 60, 90, and 100 Talents are underpowered

100% Haste bug even makes the spec unviable

This has to be one of the most stupid posts I have ever seen by another mage. Congratulations sir/ma'am?

I cant wait for my uber pvp frost spec to trounce your blood, sweat and tears fire spec in pve lawwwl
Don't derail the subject because you are a troll pve player.

Made yourself obvious there m80

Devs want every spec to be viable, they never and will never call x spec a pvp spec, that is just what brainless communities do once they see that x spec is better and all derps reroll to that.
Get ready to have your post downvoted to oblivion where it will no longer surface on the list because of the sheer stupidity. YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!

This has to be one of the most stupid posts I have ever seen by another mage. Congratulations sir/ma'am?

I cant wait for my uber pvp frost spec to trounce your blood, sweat and tears fire spec in pve lawwwl

Rewarding PVP players in PVE content for doing PVP things

09/16/2016 02:37 PMPosted by Nightcoil
Get ready to have your post downvoted to oblivion where it will no longer surface on the list because of the sheer stupidity. YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!

It's fine, these same players will do the exact same thing after the buffs go through and complain that no one will take them to raids because they don't know PVE mechanics because BGs are vs Bots.

Edit; Everyone knows that the WoW competitive scene has been dead for 3 expansions now. If you want to play a game for PVP you just simply don't play WoW. Blizzard is making a mistake- and if they look at their statistics for consistent PVP mages and consistent PVE mages they will soon realize that.

Take this expansion for instance? Do you really think the PVP players came back for PVP? F#CK no they didn't, the PVE players came back. Nobody gives a sh!t about PVP.
09/16/2016 02:37 PMPosted by Aurelionsol

09/16/2016 02:37 PMPosted by Nightcoil

It's fine, these same players will do the exact same thing after the buffs go through and complain that no one will take them to raids because they don't know PVE mechanics because BGs are vs Bots.

Edit; Everyone knows that the WoW competitive scene has been dead for 3 expansions now. If you want to play a game for PVP you just simply don't play WoW. Blizzard is making a mistake- and if they look at their statistics for consistent PVP mages and consistent PVE mages they will soon realize that.

Take this expansion for instance? Do you really think the PVP players came back for PVP? F#CK no they didn't, the PVE players came back. Nobody gives a sh!t about PVP.

I meant the sheer stupidity that is your post, not the people who downvote you LOL
Pve rewards in pvp promote pve players to do a little pvp. This helps to get more pvp participation. Additionally, pvp players have to do a lot of pve activities just to get to a position to be able to pvp (even leveling for a start is a pve styled grind). You have nothing to complain about.
09/16/2016 02:04 PMPosted by Aurelionsol
I am a PVE Fire Mage- I have dumped all my artifact power into the fire weapon for the purpose of being the elite spec for PVE Content- what you are doing is removing everything I have done for weeks on this character.

So buffing Frost means you wasted your time on your fire artifact?
Metaphorical example: you bought a car. Your neighbor buys a new car too. Your money is now wasted?

Says you. Blizzard said in Cata Alpha that they want Frost to be PvE spec once more.
Pre-wotlk, Frost was a PvE spec due to longevity (other specs ran oom) on fights that needed longevity (or if raid was missing a replenishment buff).

I will gladly use Arcane if it ensures that I'm on equal footing compared to the PVPers.

The core the matter: a classic case of "need to git gud".
I've never encountered a 2200 plus player that couldn't cross over and smash dps meters in raid encounters. And I've never encountered an elite raider that couldn't hop in arena and hit at least 2.2k in 3s.

Venruki, Snutz, etc...? They're good at the game, they just focus on PvP.
Same goes for the elite raiders - they just focus on PvE.

Insecure and worried that you'll lose to the "PvP'ers"? git gud
You're so braindead if you think frost is the go-to pvp spec, fire is so much better.
The op is "Fire PvE player" - has only ever killed two bosses... and they are both LFR.

XD

That's got to be a record.
Pretty sure fire is a pvp spec. Lots of procs for instant casts, a spell you can cast while moving, a disorient... frost is more of a leveling spec, so when you're done leveling, you can go raid in the same spec you're used to and perform well.

But for real; did I take the bait?
09/16/2016 04:38 PMPosted by Wÿvern
The op is "Fire PvE player" - has only ever killed two bosses... and they are both LFR.

XD

That's got to be a record.

Lol? Lookup Tadaku@Cho'gall , Thorens@Hyjal & Wisdoms@Cho'gall KJ is my new server. How pathetic are you to not even do research right when trying to find something wrong with my experience.

GM spectating our run for world first TOTGC Insanity
http://s884.photobucket.com/user/WisdomsBucket/media/RealLifeGM.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12

DPS World Records - http://worldoflogs.com/ranking/eu-us/icecrown-citadel/dps/
literally !@#$ I dumped all my points into frost and I only pve so your point is invalid. There are templates for pvp now specs do not need to be for just pve or just pvp. They can actually balance both separately. You are just a salty scared fotmer who is afraid frost will end up better than fire.
When was it stated that Frost was a PvP spec? In Vanilla it was the ONLY viable spec in raids until you hit Naxx40 (at which point you had to roll Fire due to resistances).

It got relegated to PvP in BC and WotLK because Blizzard didn't want to put in the effort to balance it for PvE, mostly because they had no clue how to balance a spec for 2 very different aspects of the game. Players were very unhappy to see 33% of a class become useless for 90% of the game, and so Blizzard finally reworked Frost for MoP and made it viable again. players rejoiced and embraced the spec again.

So instead of balancing the specs as a whole and making ARCANE a viable spec
They haven't finished tuning, and Arcane is very viable. It actually sits well above Frost for both AoE and ST dps.

You are hotfixing Frost to be the better of 2 specs(Based on PTR Buffs)
If you bothered to read the disclaimer at the start of the posts you would know that those are tooltip hotfixes for spell coefficients that are already live. They're not going to wait until the END of a raid tier to make small buffs.

I am a PVE Fire Mage- I have dumped all my artifact power into the fire weapon for the purpose of being the elite spec for PVE Content- what you are doing is removing everything I have done for weeks on this character
How? Fire is still extremely strong, and will only get stronger as you unlock more of your Artefact and gear up. You lose literally nothing, and Fire will be absolutely fine for all PvE content. Also, sucked in for rolling the FOTM spec.

PVM
Penguins vs Mexicans?

09/16/2016 02:19 PMPosted by Aurelionsol
I'm not talking about you 75k frost mages that have played '1' spec for the entire expansion because it was easy to level with. I'm talking about the raiders & semi-casuals that want to get content down.
I was Frost for most of MoP and WoD. I only switched to Fire/Arc in BrF because Frost wasn't an option (too much AoE, no MS gear, 4pc giving 1% dps). If I wasn't topping meters on pretty much every fight I was damn close, so don't start to tell me that Frost was not a raiding spec (I was doing what is now Mythics).

Those PvP players would have had to do a lot of PvE content in order to get their Artefact Power. In fact, go to the GD forums and see how many threads there are from PvP people crying about having to do PvE to get AP. As far as I know, you get literally 0 AP from PvP.

It's fine, these same players will do the exact same thing after the buffs go through and complain that no one will take them to raids because they don't know PVE mechanics
Given your raid achievements and accomplishments I can say without any doubt that I am a far, far better player than you and have never had any problems getting into raids even when running the supposed "PvP" spec.

09/16/2016 04:38 PMPosted by Wÿvern
I can only assume he's a troll, because surely no one can be this stupid. Given his "skills" with Fire it probably wouldn't matter which spec/class he played, he'd still end up at the bottom of the meters.

09/16/2016 08:02 PMPosted by Aurelionsol
GM spectating our run for world first TOTGC Insanity
http://s884.photobucket.com/user/WisdomsBucket/media/RealLifeGM.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12
DPS World Records - http://worldoflogs.com/ranking/eu-us/icecrown-citadel/dps/
Congratulations, you were able to use google to search for top Mages. Now post on one of them instead of your scrub account.
I mean, I'd be a little bitter if Frost started pulling higher DPS than Fire in PVE. I didn't stack almost 60% crit and tens of thousands of AP into Fire for Frost to immediately surpass it.
The Internet had taught me that not everyone's opinion is worth listening to or in this case worth reading
09/16/2016 10:57 PMPosted by Malfetus
I mean, I'd be a little bitter if Frost started pulling higher DPS than Fire in PVE. I didn't stack almost 60% crit and tens of thousands of AP into Fire for Frost to immediately surpass it.

this is why the game needs to actually be balanced. Its bull that as someone who enjoys frost and none of the other specs, that I have to sit and feel useless to groups just because blizz wants to keep the entitled kids who hopped bandwagons happy. then again maybe that is blizz's fault for making artifact respeccing or swapping so !@#$ing ridiculously difficult. I put tens of thousands of AP into ebonchill and im pretty salty that frost is so %^-*.