Legion has been out for a few weeks

Demon Hunter
What are your thoughts on Demon Hunter now that you have had a chance to unlock all the talents and pvp talents?

Personally I'm happy playing my DH in dungeons but during world quests and pvp I find myself wanting to switch back to other classes.
In the world quests that actually matter I have to either go Vengeance or I kind of stand in the back and press Glaive Toss on cooldown. Anyone else feel like that?

This isn't a qq thread but I'm just curious what everyone else thinks. Any tips on playing Havoc effectively during the harder world quest content? Other than pocket healer ;)
I'm both happy and a bit sad.

Happy that DH is so much fun and is now my new main.

Sad that I shelved my warlock which I've been playing since BC.
I think the design of leech tanks, on a fundamental level, is strictly worse than mitigation tanks.

I find Vengeance very fun, but I wish I went with a Warrior or a Druid instead.
09/19/2016 10:43 AMPosted by Sylæna
I think the design of leech tanks, on a fundamental level, is strictly worse than mitigation tanks.

I find Vengeance very fun, but I wish I went with a Warrior or a Druid instead.

If numbers were tweaked would that change your mind? I know Druids and Warriors are probably best tanks right now but that could be evened out in hotfixes.
Maybe a change in Demon Spikes could help out you Vengeance DHs
I think Havoc DH dps should be lowered some but given a CC break.

Vengeance is great and fun, but needs a better mitigation mechanic when stunned. Slept, Rooted, Incapcitated or feared!
09/19/2016 10:37 AMPosted by Daemondawn

Ditto, exept I simply cant play any of my other toons because they all feel like slow gameplay to me. I really had no plans to play dh past the starting area, but now I only think of what I could be doing on my DH when playing anything else.
09/19/2016 10:48 AMPosted by Nyhmasor
I think Havoc DH dps should be lowered some but given a CC break.

Vengeance is great and fun, but needs a better mitigation mechanic when stunned. Slept, Rooted, Incapcitated or feared!

id say wait for raiding before swinging the nerfbat on Havoc DPS.

Veng fix could be to allow any damage mitigation skills to still function in CC so for example you should still be able to demon spikes in CC and get its damage reduction.

id also have Meta break all CCs and make the person immune to CC while Meta. This is balanced by its cooldown and yes I know of the artifact talent that randomly spawns meta but considering that can only trigger on using a shard its not going to fire and clear your CC except on the rare time someone CCs a DH while the orbs are still flying in.
09/19/2016 10:51 AMPosted by Jasmine

Ditto, exept I simply cant play any of my other toons because they all feel like slow gameplay to me. I really had no plans to play dh past the starting area, but now I only think of what I could be doing on my DH when playing anything else.

Right ? I have so many alts and now most of them look like a complete bore to me.
09/19/2016 10:59 AMPosted by Daemondawn
09/19/2016 10:51 AMPosted by Jasmine

Right ? I have so many alts and now most of them look like a complete bore to me.

Wish I had that problem. I can't stop playing Rogue so now I'm trying to gear up two characters in this alt unfriendly environment =/

I haven't been playing since BC, but I feel the same way. I keep wanting to play my Warlock, but it's soooooo boring and it deals no damage. I can't even finish leveling it to 110.
Mained a Mut Rogue forever, just can't seem to bring myself to lvl him, I love my DH and it's the only thing I want to play.
Definitely not having the same experience on WQ's. I solo most of them (even the elite ones). I even tanked as Havoc one of the harder ones using leech with Metamorphisis and killing nearby adds + use of darkness, blur and chaos nova.

Overall I am really enjoying the class. It's my first melee that I've really mained in various MMO's. I'm now leveling Outlaw Rogue.
Had no intention of playing a dh after messing around on the beta with one, yet got my outlaw to 110 and was instantly underwhelmed with the playstyle. Even though I loved it on live and in beta.

DH is just too much fun. Momentum uptime management reminds me of totem twisting back in the day on my enh sham.

PvE is actually fun again.