Story Forum Community Lounge 123

Story Forum
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
Same here. I have failed logins. There's a message on the launcher about it too, so it's definitely affecting multiple servers and players.
Based on the GD forum, it's affecting servers across all regions. That means either someone in Blizzard's IT department forgot to feed the gerbils, or there is a large scale DDoS attack going on.
ive barricaded myself in The Throne of Thunder. no lag or dcs so far.
09/13/2016 04:53 PMPosted by Estus
ive barricaded myself in The Throne of Thunder. no lag or dcs so far.

If you're attempting to solo it, I feel I should let you know the Hydra boss is busted and despawns when you attack it, so you can't progress further.
Was halfway through a mythic when it happened, the bosses respawned with no loot.
Does it require more than one person on its aggro table?
09/13/2016 05:23 PMPosted by Valko
If you're attempting to solo it, I feel I should let you know the Hydra boss is busted and despawns when you attack it, so you can't progress further.
i killed it just fine. 25 man raid finder and normal 10 man.
09/13/2016 08:10 PMPosted by Estus
09/13/2016 05:23 PMPosted by Valko
i killed it just fine. 25 man raid finder and normal 10 man.

Huh. Maybe they hotfixed it? Or maybe it's got something to do with Heroic difficulty. I'll hop in sometime soon and check it out.
09/13/2016 02:11 PMPosted by Aemon
I'd heard about that tour in Canada. I didn't follow it though because I was too distracted by the public meltdown of our political system. :-x

I made a post in (I think) Lounge 21's later pages about the final night of it. Because it was... something, on a national, emotional level.

Still not sure how to actually describe it, honestly, aside from "It feels like a part of Canada will die with Gord Downie."

Yet at the same time, as sad as that is... he's still working, and he's still done so much, that even with that, it feels like it's almost a celebration, or a living remembrance of him, to continue on?

It's Weird when a nearly-universally recognised national icon is dying in a very public way, is basically my point.

---

On another note, I am mildly intoxicated on a weekday again.

This time a friend's birthday is to blame.
So it turns out that the reason why the Doomhammer started to feel like dead weight in Thrall's hands had nothing to do with the elements themselves and everything to do with Thrall's internal struggle after killing Garrosh.

"Through the years, Thrall wielded the Doomhammer with honor and integrity. However, following his execution of the malign warchief Garrosh Hellscream, Thrall felt conflicted. This internal struggle was reflected in the Doomhammer as well. In Thrall's mind, the weapon that had embodied the ideals of justice and virtue had now come to represent vengeance."

Can we stop the Thrall arguments now?
09/14/2016 05:58 AMPosted by Shiwu
"Through the years, Thrall wielded the Doomhammer with honor and integrity. However, following his execution of the malign warchief Garrosh Hellscream, Thrall felt conflicted. This internal struggle was reflected in the Doomhammer as well. In Thrall's mind, the weapon that had embodied the ideals of justice and virtue had now come to represent vengeance."

Hey! That's what I've always said!

Elements rely on self confidence, and always have. Thrall lost it after killing Garrosh. It would literally make no sense for Azeroth's elements to care about Thrall using Draenor's to kill Garrosh.

Also, no mention of cheating.
The Ddos yesterday, or whatever it was, worked in my favour. I would have just stayed on all night had I not been booted.

Also, it appears the #1 caster artifact is Felo'moran. Congratulations Blood Elves, everybody wants a piece of your heritage. Second is Scythe of Elune (that kind of surprised me but we've been waiting to see it in game for years) and then the Shadow Priest dagger (I think it was the Shadow Priest one, Idk tbh)

Excuse me as I stand over here with Alu'neth whispering in my ear to destroy all lesser Magi.
If it's telling you to destroy lesser magi, you're gonna have to start with yourself, 'cause you're not in fire spec. :P
09/14/2016 03:17 PMPosted by Vaethria
If it's telling you to destroy lesser magi, you're gonna have to start with yourself, 'cause you're not in fire spec. :P

Fire Mage elitism confirmed!
EDITED: Nevermind
09/14/2016 03:29 PMPosted by Shiwu

Fire Mage elitism confirmed!

Just the truth (and if it's elitism it's shared by kind of 99.5% of the mage population. I guess we see some buffs to arcane/frost in the next balance patch).
>elven reunification incoming

>gets to purge Suramar of demons with Felo'melorn

>at the head of a combined elven army

I'm glad Legion is setting me up to basically be Dath'remar reborn
>elven reunification incoming

>gets to purge Suramar of demons with Felo'melorn

>at the head of a combined elven army

I'm glad Legion is setting me up to basically be Dath'remar reborn

I really hope it works out like that. Aelta made a good point in the data mining thread. It looks like the elven army will be defeated and then the nightfallen/wretched clean up and win it for us.

You didn't even need mana to cause that burn.
09/14/2016 06:56 PMPosted by Aemon

You didn't even need mana to cause that burn.

Booooooooo

09/14/2016 06:32 PMPosted by Geldor
Just the truth (and if it's elitism it's shared by kind of 99.5% of the mage population. I guess we see some buffs to arcane/frost in the next balance patch).

Then it's settled. Mages are elitist jerks :P