Story Forum Community Lounge 123

Story Forum
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
09/14/2016 07:00 PMPosted by Shiwu
09/14/2016 06:56 PMPosted by Aemon
You didn't even need mana to cause that burn.

Booooooooo

09/14/2016 06:32 PMPosted by Geldor
Just the truth (and if it's elitism it's shared by kind of 99.5% of the mage population. I guess we see some buffs to arcane/frost in the next balance patch).

Then it's settled. Mages are elitist jerks :P

You had the impression we're not? Especially the 'dorei variance?
09/14/2016 07:07 PMPosted by Geldor
You had the impression we're not? Especially the 'dorei variance?

Nah, I've known that elf mages were terrible for a while now.
09/14/2016 05:58 AMPosted by Shiwu
Can we stop the Thrall arguments now?

Yes, but it's being replaced with 'Thrall has joined the 'Garrosh did nothing wrong' club'.
09/14/2016 03:29 PMPosted by Shiwu
09/14/2016 03:17 PMPosted by Vaethria
If it's telling you to destroy lesser magi, you're gonna have to start with yourself, 'cause you're not in fire spec. :P

Fire Mage elitism confirmed!

I was an elitist Fire Mage back when fire sucked, so. Really what you should call me is a hipster Fire Mage, because I liked it before all these damn bandwagoners.

>elven reunification incoming

>gets to purge Suramar of demons with Felo'melorn

>at the head of a combined elven army

I'm glad Legion is setting me up to basically be Dath'remar reborn

Yes plz.

09/14/2016 06:32 PMPosted by Geldor
Just the truth (and if it's elitism it's shared by kind of 99.5% of the mage population. I guess we see some buffs to arcane/frost in the next balance patch).

Then it's settled. Mages are the true lords and masters of Azeroth.

FTFY.

Nah, I've known that elf mages were The Best for a while now.

Again, FTFY. :P
Anyone else think that Farondis was redeemed too soon and for the wrong reasoning? Wow, Farondis, You managed to stand up to Azshara not once but twice?! Doing the same thing that cursed us before and keeping us cursed by doing it again? Unless i completely misread or missed a scene they should want Farondis dead even more than before.
Cartian, we literally just talked about how Ashran, Broken Isles Dalaran and the Hall of the Guardian all needed their own unique icon and now it's happening in 7.1
09/14/2016 09:26 PMPosted by Estus
Anyone else think that Farondis was redeemed too soon and for the wrong reasoning? Wow, Farondis, You managed to stand up to Azshara not once but twice?! Doing the same thing that cursed us before and keeping us cursed by doing it again? Unless i completely misread or missed a scene they should want Farondis dead even more than before.

I think it has too do with the First time they weren't entirely sure what he did and all they knew was that he disobeyed the queen and she put a curse on him and his people, then second time comes by and they are around to see and realize that what their prince did(For a second time) was the right thing standing up to the Queen and refusing to aid her and the Naga after all they had done and planned to do.
I just got DCed on the Last Fight of Eye of Azshara and Blizzard forced me to Update WoW. Im mad.

Update: Oh wow! I logged into the boss defeated and the tidestone available to obtain!

09/14/2016 10:56 PMPosted by Felwind
I think it has too do with the First time they weren't entirely sure what he did and all they knew was that he disobeyed the queen and she put a curse on him and his people, then second time comes by and they are around to see and realize that what their prince did(For a second time) was the right thing standing up to the Queen and refusing to aid her and the Naga after all they had done and planned to do.
hmm, i suppose it makes sense if you put it that way.
09/14/2016 11:17 PMPosted by Estus
Update: Oh wow! I logged into the boss defeated and the tidestone available to obtain!

Congrats!

So how many Pillars have you got left?
I was an elitist Fire Mage back when fire sucked, so. Really what you should call me is a hipster Fire Mage, because I liked it before all these damn bandwagoners.

I was Fire Mage in Molten Core. It was a bad time.

But yeah, you watch. Frost and Arcane will be buffed in 7.1 and all these Fire Mages will disappear, because they're not true Fire Mages.

*hipster glasses*
09/14/2016 09:26 PMPosted by Estus

I like Aszuna, but's got this weird issue where it feels like the 10,000 years between the WotA and now just didn't happen. Everyone is still actively pissed at Farondis, he apparently never explained what truly happened and no one ever bothered to ask, that one elf went on a walk 10,000 years ago and no one bothered to check up on him, there's no sense that the spirits have ever tried to restart society, etc.

It feels like they got cursed last month, not 10,000 years ago. That's kind of the issue with that time period, is that it's so hard to imagine grudges lasting a thousand human lifetimes so when they do it feels unnatural to us. How could so little change in so long?
>elven reunification incoming

>gets to purge Suramar of demons with Felo'melorn

>at the head of a combined elven army

I'm glad Legion is setting me up to basically be Dath'remar reborn

I really hope it works out like that. Aelta made a good point in the data mining thread. It looks like the elven army will be defeated and then the nightfallen/wretched clean up and win it for us.

The elves fet frozen in time
09/15/2016 09:06 AMPosted by Valko
I like Aszuna, but's got this weird issue where it feels like the 10,000 years between the WotA and now just didn't happen. Everyone is still actively pissed at Farondis, he apparently never explained what truly happened and no one ever bothered to ask, that one elf went on a walk 10,000 years ago and no one bothered to check up on him, there's no sense that the spirits have ever tried to restart society, etc.

It feels like they got cursed last month, not 10,000 years ago. That's kind of the issue with that time period, is that it's so hard to imagine grudges lasting a thousand human lifetimes so when they do it feels unnatural to us. How could so little change in so long

They have no conception of time, and don't really seem to understand how long it's been. Sure, they know it's been 10,000 years, but to them it doesn't feel that way.
09/15/2016 08:06 AMPosted by Kellick
Congrats!

So how many Pillars have you got left?

it was my first one on my Pally. so 4 more.

Would like to buy a 100% increase in rep rate and Artifact Power Items turned to BoA status for alts btw Blizz. Thinking about having to do all that work at 110 on an alt is horrifying
09/15/2016 09:06 AMPosted by Valko
It feels like they got cursed last month, not 10,000 years ago. That's kind of the issue with that time period, is that it's so hard to imagine grudges lasting a thousand human lifetimes so when they do it feels unnatural to us. How could so little change in so long?

The curse that binds them to the area could skew their perception of time. The ghosts in the academy don't even seem to realize they're all dead.
I was somehow put in charge of social media for my department (Geography) at my university.

The profs wanted me to create a Facebook Page so we can have better communication between students and the profs, or just for students to communicate better with each other on assignments, tests, study groups and events.

My only concern is that I tried declining because I didn't want to do this, but they wouldn't really let me. So now I already have students messaging me about events and I have zero interest. I also have to go around to the classes and "promote" the page to generate interest so students join and communicate with each other. I'm not even getting paid or any extra credit for this.
Well i've given up on the pvp community in this game, idk why I try.
Well Lore, do the best you can to get the FB page up and running. Then you can ask around if anyone wants to keep it up to date. You could end up with more than one person managing the page working on different elements of it.
09/15/2016 03:01 PMPosted by Aemon
Well Lore, do the best you can to get the FB page up and running. Then you can ask around if anyone wants to keep it up to date. You could end up with more than one person managing the page working on different elements of it.

I know, I just wish I was getting something out of it.... Sounds greedy but I didn't volunteer.