Xavius' Allegiance

Story Forum
I don't think allegiance truly matters to Xavius, as long as he gets his revenge on Malfurion.
Yeah I get the feeling if the Legion started winning, Xavius wouldn't hesitate to jump ship.

Loyalty never struck me as one of his strong points
09/17/2016 05:43 AMPosted by Kazdoth
"Xavius, running from one master to the next, scrambling for power, yet defeated again and again. The God of the Deep picks a poor champion? Or, is there something else at play?"

She also mentions how when Xavius dies that the Nightmare is gone as if it was never there and that something has changed because of that and that N'Zoth is breaking free.

Xavius was intended to be killed along with Il'gynoth to give N'Zoth enough power to break out of his prison.
09/17/2016 07:19 PMPosted by Yvenathilm
09/17/2016 05:43 AMPosted by Kazdoth
"Xavius, running from one master to the next, scrambling for power, yet defeated again and again. The God of the Deep picks a poor champion? Or, is there something else at play?"

She also mentions how when Xavius dies that the Nightmare is gone as if it was never there and that something has changed because of that and that N'Zoth is breaking free.

Xavius was intended to be killed along with Il'gynoth to give N'Zoth enough power to break out of his prison.

Nzoth would be helpful against the Legion
09/17/2016 06:23 PMPosted by Ximothy
Yeah I get the feeling if the Legion started winning, Xavius wouldn't hesitate to jump ship.

Can people even choose to serve the Old Gods? Pretty sure, once they're in, they're in.
09/17/2016 10:52 PMPosted by Subverse

Can people even choose to serve the Old Gods? Pretty sure, once they're in, they're in.

You see some people that defected from the twilights hammer.

Ambassador Slaghammer and Hermit Ortell for example.
09/18/2016 12:04 AMPosted by Denona

You see some people that defected from the twilights hammer.

Ambassador Slaghammer and Hermit Ortell for example.

I mean, yeah, but the Twilight's Hammer is a bit different than people who have been mutated by the Old God's direct intervention, isn't it? It's just a cult that reveres the Old Gods and their horrible, world-ending agenda. Most of their members are just indoctrinated by the cult rather than actually suffering the constant whispers and mutations of the Old Gods themselves, as far as I'm aware.

I'm talking about people/beings who have literally been corrupted body and soul by the Old Gods. Xavius, Ysera, and the other creatures corrupted by the Nightmare in Legion were explicitly stated to be suffering from irreversible corruption. In fact, the only example of beings freeing themselves from direct Old God corruption were the Titanic Watchers in Ulduar. And even then, the extent of that corruption seemed to be limited to momentary brainwashing rather than the weird corrupting force we saw in Val'Sharah or Pandaria.
09/18/2016 02:21 AMPosted by Subverse
I'm talking about people/beings who have literally been corrupted body and soul by the Old Gods. Xavius, Ysera, and the other creatures corrupted by the Nightmare in Legion were explicitly stated to be suffering from irreversible corruption. In fact, the only example of beings freeing themselves from direct Old God corruption were the Titanic Watchers in Ulduar. And even then, the extent of that corruption seemed to be limited to momentary brainwashing rather than the weird corrupting force we saw in Val'Sharah or Pandaria.

Ysondre then. Although it seems blizzard is retconning that for useless and idiotic 'fan service'
09/17/2016 08:27 AMPosted by Mythelm
09/17/2016 08:07 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
Xavius works for whoever resurrects him. After he died he was resurrected by the Old Gods so he worked for them, then he died and got resurrected by the Legion in Legion so he's with them now. Not a terrible policy actually.
He works for N'Zoth. He's only pretending to be loyal to the Legion.

That is an assumption. Just because Malfurion says N'zoth is Xavius' master does not mean Xavius isn't playing both sides.

09/17/2016 09:02 AMPosted by Baphometh
Oh man I think N'zoth is going to make Sargeras feel really stupid at the end of this expansion. The flavor text from the SP weapon just has me thinking N'zoth is going to usurp the villain title for WoW and bring in some Void Lord fun.

On a side note, who do you think is more of the WoW's Kenny? Xavius or Gorefiend?

Ew... another tentacle fanboy...

You realize that the void lords can't do !@#$ to Sargeras until Azeroth is turned completely into a dark titan... right? And that since Azeroth is still very much still on our side according to Magni, that is not even close to being completed? N'zoth would take lord knows how many years to complete the corruption on his own without any help from the other Old Gods. He has been totally sealed up and unable to do any work on that, maybe until very recently.
As stated, Xavius serves N'Zoth first and foremost. Apparently the Legion recruited him to use the Nightmare to corrupt Azeroth into a fel titan, but instead Xavius is only pretending to do that and instead is trying to turn her to a void titan.

There has been no evidence one way or the other. I am pretty sure whatever Old Gods can do in their hindered state, Sargeras was able to do 100x better to Xavius personally at full power when he was torturing his soul for failure back during the WOTA driving him beyond insanity, so I don't think the Old Gods really compelled him to join them and probably couldn't do anything if he wanted to defect.
09/18/2016 03:39 AMPosted by Denona
09/18/2016 02:21 AMPosted by Subverse

Ysondre then. Although it seems blizzard is retconning that for useless and idiotic 'fan service'

Ysondre's not retconned, she gets captured again as she stated was completely possible at the end of Feralas.
09/18/2016 06:23 AMPosted by Reignac
09/18/2016 03:39 AMPosted by Denona

Ysondre's not retconned, she gets captured again as she stated was completely possible at the end of Feralas.

But they did it behind closed doors. For a major character in Feralas, getting the corruption bat without any lore stating how or why is just playing into fan service. Even more so is that blizzard keeps on ignoring my questions on the subject.

Most of legion is just fan service, just have to look at Illidan.
09/18/2016 01:17 PMPosted by Denona
But they did it behind closed doors. For a major character in Feralas, getting the corruption bat without any lore stating how or why is just playing into fan service. Even more so is that blizzard keeps on ignoring my questions on the subject.

... major?

You get a quest to meet Ysondre, you help kill Taerar in the second quest, then you return to the first questgiver in the third quest.

Memorial quest? Yes, but it was literally three quests, two of them ''go to this person''.
09/17/2016 07:24 PMPosted by Biraelenn
Nzoth would be helpful against the Legion

That's like saying a good solid case of HIV would be helpful against the Zika virus.
You realize that the void lords can't do !@#$ to Sargeras until Azeroth is turned completely into a dark titan... right? And that since Azeroth is still very much still on our side according to Magni, that is not even close to being completed? N'zoth would take lord knows how many years to complete the corruption on his own without any help from the other Old Gods. He has been totally sealed up and unable to do any work on that, maybe until very recently.

When/if Sargeras shows up, you would think that N'zoth would make himself scarce seeing as how Sargeras would kill him immediately. Sargeras has been the single most powerful creature in our known universe for some time now.