Sunreavers in Violet Hold

Story Forum
So, is it fair to assume that they have been released since the Horde was readmitted into Dalaran? Do you think they would have been given the option to stay, or that they would even want to?
Short answer is that we don't know. But probably not. If they had been it would have been mentioned SOMEWHERE, but it hasn't been.

Personally I think it was really hamfisted, and that no sane blood elf would go near Dalaran ever again.
Not after two separate attempts on the lives of the belves that lived there. I can literally think of no rp reason why the blood elves would go back unless they are like Aethas. In which case they have much bigger problems. Did any other fire mashes get really annoyed by his new voice actor? It grated on my nerves when i did it.
I didn't see any Blood Elves in there when I did the new Violet Hold dungeon. Unless that one Blood Princess counts.
I assume yes, considering during the pre-expansion questline you see several blood elf Sunreavers magically pop up to help defend Dalaran.
I imagine blizzard became uncomfortable with referencing the inprison Sunrevears fate after they decided to make Dalaran Neutral again.

Much the goblin ship been sunk and attempted kidnapping of Thrall, the reason was never explain for the alliance motives or ever referenced again.

I imagine blizzards wants to do the same here, at least the motives are clear on both sides. But I doubt the fate of the Sunreavers will ever be referenced.

Maybe on Twitter, though
09/04/2016 02:10 AMPosted by Serthrek
Short answer is that we don't know. But probably not. If they had been it would have been mentioned SOMEWHERE, but it hasn't been.
Though the status of the Sunreaver prisoners in the Violet Hold remains unclear, Jaina Proudmoore mentioned that she had recently negotiated with Lor'themar. The fate of the Divine Bell was also formally reiterated for the court at Garrosh Hellscream's trial, placing culpability for the theft on a Sunreaver agent working on Garrosh's orders, whose portal had allowed Horde members to steal the Bell.[15]

Sunreaver Arcanistsω are seen as part of the Horde forces in the Siege of Grommashar.
Horde players exalted with Silvermoon City have the option to hire Sunreaver guards for their garrison, provided they have a Level 3 Barracks.

When Dalaran relocated above the Deadwind Pass, the Sunreaver's Sanctuary was patrolled by Kirin Tor Guardians. When the demons attacked, the Sunreaver mages were seen in the sanctuary, defending it.

Wowpedia
Sources: Warcrimes, Warlords of Draenor, Legion.

I would hope this is a sign of their freedom. The only members to escape were Thalen Songweaver and Aethas Sunreaver if Game is the only source on it. Rest were imprisoned or killed by violent protest.
09/04/2016 07:19 AMPosted by Estus
considering all the trouble Aethas has to go through to get back in and they dont even mention the other sunreavers during that back and forth.
Aethas had to choose between re-admittance to Dalaran and releasing the civilians after half a decade in Jaina's gulag. Giving Felo was only enough to buy 1 favor...
09/04/2016 05:13 AMPosted by Eretnik

Much the goblin ship been sunk and attempted kidnapping of Thrall, the reason was never explain for the alliance motives or ever referenced again.

While never explicitly stated, we have a likely explanation for what happened with the Alliance forces that captured Thrall.

Prior to the PC and Anduin unmasking them, high-ranking members of the Stormwind Military had been converted by the Twilight's Hammer. Major Samuelson and his cohorts would have had the clout and the motive for sending for Thrall's capture.
09/04/2016 01:16 AMPosted by Gtrx
So, is it fair to assume that they have been released since the Horde was readmitted into Dalaran? Do you think they would have been given the option to stay, or that they would even want to?

I think they were released when the legion invaded dalaran, I see many Sunreaver defending the city
09/04/2016 07:28 AMPosted by Wolfsung
09/04/2016 05:13 AMPosted by Eretnik

While never explicitly stated, we have a likely explanation for what happened with the Alliance forces that captured Thrall.

Prior to the PC and Anduin unmasking them, high-ranking members of the Stormwind Military had been converted by the Twilight's Hammer. Major Samuelson and his cohorts would have had the clout and the motive for sending for Thrall's capture.

I heard of the twilight theory, while and would serve as decent explanation.

Blizzard has never directly addressed it nor have any of npc, from Thrall to Galliwix, have reference it.

Like the Sunreavers one line in game would clear it up, but for some reason they choose not to do so.

My theory is these events were tied plots point that were dropped, for instance I don't think they would made a big deal out the Dalaran return to the Alliance after the purge if they had known they were make neutral an expansion later.
09/04/2016 08:14 AMPosted by Eretnik
My theory is these events were tied plots point that were dropped, for instance I don't think they would made a big deal out the Dalaran return to the Alliance after the purge if they had known they were make neutral an expansion later.
Whenever they decide to make Jaina a Dreadlord or raid boss the thousands of mangled bodies will be found.
When Khadgar elected himself leader of the Kirin Tor, he requested that my office turn over all the records we had on the fates of the Sunreaver prisoners. Unfortunately, there was a sudden and highly localized fire -- obviously a side effect of teleporting Dalran to the Broken Isles -- mere hours beforehand.

So, sadly, this will have to remain a mystery.
09/04/2016 08:53 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
09/04/2016 08:14 AMPosted by Eretnik
Whenever they decide to make Jaina a Dreadlord or raid boss the thousands of mangled bodies will be found.

If only
09/04/2016 08:53 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
There should be one of them barely alive in the pile that grabs your character by the ankle before kicking the bucket for good measure.
They could of had a interesting setup in the pre expansion to apologize for wrongfully accusing the elves and assuaging their fears. But no... we got to click on balls instead.

Personally I think it was really hamfisted, and that no sane blood elf would go near Dalaran ever again.
Not after two separate attempts on the lives of the belves that lived there. I can literally think of no rp reason why the blood elves would go back unless they are like Aethas. In which case they have much bigger problems. Did any other fire mashes get really annoyed by his new voice actor? It grated on my nerves when i did it.

Agreed. I can tell you that none of my blood elves, even the most open minded ones, would be comfortable in Dalaran. Paranoia and looking over their shoulders would be likely.
09/04/2016 12:15 PMPosted by Cælia

Agreed. I can tell you that none of my blood elves, even the most open minded ones, would be comfortable in Dalaran. Paranoia and looking over their shoulders would be likely.

My rogue has set the uncrowned to make sure that won't happen again. They make some stabby-stabby on any trigger happy mages. :)
09/04/2016 12:15 PMPosted by Cælia

On an RP stance I like Khadgae but I distrust Dalaran. So when he asked to save Dalaran part of me was "let it be blasted out of the sky," but since it was Khadgar I was like fine whatever, but you better remember this.

While I think you are right (we do not know 100%), there are some points hinting to them being released already. Besides the ones mentioned above there is one more.

SPOILER ALERT

If this has not been changed since the beta, in the in-game history of Felo'melorn (the lore parts you get when you research Fel'melorn's artefact knowledge), Aethas makes a speech to his Sunreavers where he says, that exchanging the sword is for re-admission of the whole group, and not only for him-self like in the scene in-game). The Aethas in-game re-admission scene hasn't changed since beta.

This information clashes though a bit with some of the other hints. As the Sunreavers would have been released after the defence of Dalaran was shown in-game.

But since Jaina was negotiating already with Lor'themar, Khadgar is now in charge, Aethas and horde mages admitted to the city, I think we can assume that they are released, and some have come back.

I 100% agree with your other two points: No Sunreaver, or BE generally, in their right mind would go back and live there. And, the new Aethas voice is annoying. One more reason to pray we don't see him again.
To mention the Sunreavers being freed would be to mention the Sunreavers being unlawfully imprisoned. And since the current PVP focus is on Forsaken versus Gilneans, I can't really see them benefiting from that.

Plus, the Alliance is just not a faction that gets to pursue story lines that build off of their morally dubious actions, instead those situations get swept under the rug.