Tank DPS vs DPS DPS

General Discussion
This is to all the DPS complaining that tanks are out dpsing them in PvE content. I got my outlaw rogue to 110 today, got to 810 to do heroics, and queued heroics with an 845 ilvl warrior tank for a few hours. I did equal to or more DPS than this warrior (playing the rogue) at 810 ilvl consistently throughout all the dungeons, trash included. Not sure what everyone is talking about.

Edit: And before anyone says this tank is bad, he had challenge mode achievements for both MoP and WoD.
Just saying,

Rogues are one of the most OP classes in both PvE/PvP at the moment.

You're not going to win any points with that as your example.
09/18/2016 01:25 AMPosted by Solvos
Just saying,

I mean, I routinely out DPS outlaw rogues on this character when I do dungeons, so idk.
Dono.. just ran mythic Neth Lair and my group was all doing 200k+ while I was only able to do 100k. I think that dungeons that have a lot of tanky guys spread out (neth's lair, halls of valor) make us do awful dps. Ones with more trash is where tanks shine.
09/18/2016 01:29 AMPosted by Internaut
Just saying,

I mean, I routinely out DPS outlaw rogues on this character when I do dungeons, so idk.

I dont believe it.

I don't outdps Outlaw in ST and I guarantee you I'd smoke you in deeps.

Outlaw does near WW AoE DPS and I can outdps every single tank playing with one hand.
09/18/2016 01:31 AMPosted by Hulkingbeast
Dono.. just ran mythic Neth Lair and my group was all doing 200k+ while I was only able to do 100k. I think that dungeons that have a lot of tanky guys spread out (neth's lair, halls of valor) make us do awful dps. Ones with more trash is where tanks shine.

Yeah, I definitely notice that. We did probably 5 or 6 of the dungeons in the time we played, so we had a nice spread of types of mobs.
09/18/2016 01:33 AMPosted by Solvos
09/18/2016 01:29 AMPosted by Internaut

I dont believe it.

I don't outdps Outlaw in ST and I guarantee you I'd smoke you in deeps.

Outlaw does near WW AoE DPS and I can outdps every single tank playing with one hand.

Not sure what to tell you. It's been happening. It could be they haven't mastered the spec or were some amount of ilvl below me..
Yep, any player with basic knowledge of their class / spec will always out dps a similarly geared tank (single target at least) regardless of what spec they play. The people complaining about tank DPS are people who still won't beat tanks after the nerf.
Individual skill level and ilvl all play a part.

All things being equal a tank spec will never out dps a pure dps spec. Never.
09/18/2016 01:22 AMPosted by Internaut
Edit: And before anyone says this tank is bad, he had challenge mode achievements for both MoP and WoD.

A ton of people bought those and they weren't exactly hard regardless.
I don't even pay attention to another players dps on my lock. I focus on my rotation and mechanics.

There are people who play this game for fun and not for recount.

I don't want tanks nerfed.
09/18/2016 01:41 AMPosted by Vàngogh
I don't even pay attention to another players dps on my lock. I focus on my rotation and mechanics.

There are people who play this game for fun and not for recount.

I don't want tanks nerfed.

I don't especially want that either, considering my main is a tank. :P
09/18/2016 01:39 AMPosted by Uhospaghetio

A ton of people bought those and they weren't exactly hard regardless.

Just added this as a point of reference. I don't think he bought them, but obviously can't prove it. From my point of view, as a tank myself, he was a good tank. I just didn't want people to say I beat him/did as much dps as him because he was bad. My point is just that DPS can beat tanks in DPS if they know what they're doing. If I can beat an 845 tank consistently over many dungeons at 810 ilvl, nobody at 845 ilvl should lose to an 845 tank.
This is to all the DPS complaining that tanks are out dpsing them in PvE content. I got my outlaw rogue to 110 today, got to 810 to do heroics, and queued heroics with an 845 ilvl warrior tank for a few hours. I did equal to or more DPS than this warrior (playing the rogue) at 810 ilvl consistently throughout all the dungeons, trash included. Not sure what everyone is talking about.

I just out DPS an 845 outlaw as an 830 prot warrior...

See saying things on the internet doesnt make it a fact it just means you said it.

Blizzard have seen a problem and gone about fixing it. Your anecdotal evidence is meaningless. Why not make your own game and show us how it 'should' be done if you are so knowledgeable
outlaw rogue

i see why
queue one of the strongest dps in the game
say it does strong dps
???
09/18/2016 01:58 AMPosted by Jerzhul
outlaw rogue

i see why
queue one of the strongest dps in the game
say it does strong dps
???

35 ilvl difference should probably make a difference, especially since tanks are strong in AoE dps right now.
Just saying,

I would agree, rogues are going to get nerfed probably once raids are open. A shame too, I was hopeing to alt my rogue outlaw.
09/18/2016 02:00 AMPosted by Internaut
35 ilvl difference should probably make a difference, especially since tanks are strong in AoE dps right now.

You'd think so, but my 815 monk outdpses my 840 lock, and I've been a lock since mists.
09/18/2016 02:04 AMPosted by Jerzhul
09/18/2016 02:00 AMPosted by Internaut

You'd think so, but my 815 monk outdpses my 840 lock, and I've been a lock since mists.

Yeah, locks are in an unfortunate place right now. I hope they get the buff they deserve.
The only time I beat DPS on the meters on my tank is on groups of trash or bosses with lots of adds.

Single-target, I may occasionally come out over a DPS, but I've noticed that tends to be classes like Warlock or Ele Sham, but it's still rare.