How awful is your Artifact?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
Ebonchill isn't really all that useful, but maybe that will change when I figure out exactly what it's supposed to do.

That said, at least it's pretty and doesn't give me annoying flaming balls circling around me.
09/01/2016 06:48 PMPosted by Tcalyel
09/01/2016 06:32 PMPosted by Tyrygosa
I rarely use vengeance ability... I haven't really needed it so far /sigh

Why not? One of our harder hitting abilities and the guaranteed soul fragments are insanely nice to have if you know you need to heal or use spirit bomb (if you chose it)

I've been sticking with the sheer -> soul cleave with fire sigil and double ground pounds and that's usually enough to get me through the mobs -shrugs-
Mine is an 400k aoe crit

Im not mad
I like the shot+damage hunters got for their marks artifact, but I'm with OP on, why would I run towards my target?

Other than that, Ashbringer (on my paladin), nuff said.
Hate mine, it's just a glorified whirlwhind.
The Assassination daggers poison ability feels unusually undertuned.
Apocalypse is amazing. unholy can get 2 permanent pets, then Apocalypse summons army of the undead in mini form. plus we have army of the undead. unholy is the most enjoyable spec right now imo.
Resto Druid

Increase healing of all Heal Over Time spells by 100% for 8 seconds. (2 Min Cooldown). It's like an extra "oh sh*t" button.

Oh, you wanted bad Artifacts, sorry my bad.
The Vengeance one is kinda meh. It's some moderate additional healing, but each of the souls only heals me for about 2.5% HP, so spawning 5 souls doesn't actually benefit me that much.

On the other side, though, the Havoc one, Fury of the Illidari, is broken as hell. Especially once you combine it with our gold trait Rage of the Illidari (which causes 60% of the total damage done by it to occur as an meteor-split explosion at the end), it ends up being a HUGE portion of our AoE burst. Throw in Eye Beam, Anguish, Inner Demons, Fel Rush, and Blade Dance, and I've burst for over a million DPS on an AoE pull.
I'm loving my artifact. Rekting players tbagging them or /lol /flex then go find more prey.
I'm constantly using Doom Winds on my Doomhammer. Really smooths my gameplay out, and is a massive generator for maelstrom, also provides some extremely heavy burst damage, and many resets on my Stormbringer procs.
I use mine (Arcane) as my opener on anything that's going to take longer than 10 seconds to kill. I like it.
mine kills me if I use it at the wrong time sooo
Ebonbolt is okay, I guess. It just feels like Super Frostbolt plus Frozen Touch.

My biggest problem is that Alodi looks nothing like Glenn Close.
09/01/2016 06:30 PMPosted by Celevra
Any other class/spec out there stuck with Artifact that in no way enhances your play? Ours is a shot that does more damage than our unbuffed castable shot that is currently the bread and butter for us; but Windburst has a 20 second cd. But the kicker is that it leaves a trail from the shot to the enemy which increases movement speed for the hunter and allies that walk on it.

I can make up some small scenarios of use but those alone are super situational. All in all why would I want to run to my target as a hunter -.-

Marksman hunters needs theirs retooled badly, anybody else stuck with a bum artifact?

MM needs a ton, and i am having a hard time believing that ANYONE built this and thought, yep this is the fantasy i want to play.

Traps for some ridiculous reason stripped and put on the melee hunter because...need to enhance the 1 hunter spec. that no one plays so people will try it, no i will not try it no matter how many things you give them because as the "ranger" class i don't want to "harpoon" ppl and get in melee range.

Haven't used the artifact much but it is not badly done but could use some work, not really sure about the whole jousting thing for a class that is supposed to kite, why do i want to run TO my target but as with most of MM i am baffled how it went live like this. The class is clearly built around aimed shot which i guess is fine but then as the class that is supposed to kite you have to stand still to cast it...wtf? RNG, yea that spec. is FULL of it which after how bad Ret got with RNG you would think they would have learned...guess not.

I am sure at some point i will get it in a comfortable place but most of the classes/specs are fun and at least somewhat enjoyable, MM however is in very very bad shape. Especially when you consider it's lore implications and the size of the playerbase that plays not only the class but this spec. in particular.

At least i like how the Artifact looks (would like the handle to be a bit more substantial so it sits correctly in my hunters hand or scaled a little better but that is a small issue) and i like the lodge, i think they are done well and are interesting/outdoorsy, and i like the lore of the Unseen Path. There is potential story wise but the core gameplay mechanics need the most work of any toon/spec. i have and i have leveled almost all of them with 40+ level 100s.
Not that I expect this to last into heroics and raiding, but Maw has let me consistently outheal my healers in dungeons. I'm pretty damn okay with that.
09/01/2016 06:30 PMPosted by Celevra
Any other class/spec out there stuck with Artifact that in no way enhances your play? Ours is a shot that does more damage than our unbuffed castable shot that is currently the bread and butter for us; but Windburst has a 20 second cd. But the kicker is that it leaves a trail from the shot to the enemy which increases movement speed for the hunter and allies that walk on it.

I can make up some small scenarios of use but those alone are super situational. All in all why would I want to run to my target as a hunter -.-

Marksman hunters needs theirs retooled badly, anybody else stuck with a bum artifact?

I think mine is broken.
I don't really like the frost mage ability.

It's one of the ones that seems good in theory, but it's got a weird execution.
Phoenix Flames if giving me a bunch of extra Pyro procs. I'm down with that. Otherwise it's a moot point. Until I get some really awesome relics and pump up that AP to the sky I won't be totally dumbfounded by it's glory. I like that I won't have to find any other weapons with expansion. Just work hard and make my artifact great.

#legionmakesmeforgetaboutwrath
Fire mages ability fits into the combustion phase rly nice and when you're soloing multiple people it's nice for the aoe