A New Invention - Hunter Quest Bug

Bug Report
So it's now been three days that I have not been able to complete this quest because there are absolutely no Mystics spawning for me to retrieve the Essence of Pure Spirit.

If it is a timed thing as WoWhead says, which I highly doubt, then that is absolutely ridiculous though my suspicions lead me to believe that this is more than likely a bug.
Having same issue.. been sitting in area for freaking hours and joining groups on different servers in hopes of finding the mystics..... ridiculous!!
Exact same problem. I've dropped a ticket under the "Bug" category to Blizz. I spent about 7 hours going back and forth to the zone looking for Mystics and all that's ever there are soldiers. When I attempted realm hopping the text in my chat window didn't indicate that I'd actually changed realms, Realm Assist seems to be broken (outdated with no new update available), and in game custom groups ... that's where I didn't see an actual realm change. Since the game's been out longer than 2 weeks I'm surprised these bugs are still happening (and I've ran into several). Mostly I'm unhappy with the extreme waste of time in this quest, though the game is a waste of time as a whole.
I have likewise had these issues with both the essence of Pure Spirit and the Stormy Glands. The spawn rate and drop rates for this quest NEED to be fixed.

My hunter quest lines are stalemated.
As annoying as it is, it is a timed thing and random at that. I sat there for 5 hours before they spawned mystics and then took 40 some minutes for the item. Unfortunately it just takes time because of the horrendous RNG but I wish you all luck. Happy hunting.
I'm on my hunter and can't find any mystics either. I was in the area last night, not sure how long, killing all the mystics I could find, and didn't get the quest item. totally bummed out about that. The item from here is all I need.
Just verified this, you must realm hop to get the mystics, but blizzard changed the way ream hopping works. You can only realm hop in the same region as the group. So, only realm hop under questing, in highmountain until the skeletons turn to mystics. On about my 20th mystic it dropped the essence. good luck
hate this damn quest, !%**@#*% move extreme by blizzard to let it remain this way. realm hopping is for all intents and purposes impossible
I just did this quest yesterday and had no problem finding the mystics and getting the item. I didn't realm hop or even have to try coming back several times.

I must have been favored by RNGesus.
I have camped for two days on my hunter and still no Mystics. It is this kind stuff that make me wonder why I should keep paying to play.
Just commenting and bumping this post because this issue still effecting players. I see these mystics ALL THE TIME on my warlock. Theyre the main mobs that dismount my warlock on his way to the WQs in the areas, but now that I am on the quest with my hunter... None.
Personally, I had to get the Server Hop addon, join random groups in Highmountain in order to hop servers to one that had Mystics on it.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/server-hop

Even then, it took around 15-20 mins of farming to get the drop. Bad quest design.
Remember, even if someone (of your own faction) is already attacking a target, you can damage the target to get on its loot list.

Throw a Cobra Shot/Arcane Shot/Whatever ranged attack Survival has at any Mystic you see.
quite ridiculous that we have to do something borderlining on hacking to complete a quest.
12/13/2016 12:53 PMPosted by Yahzarah
quite ridiculous that we have to do something borderlining on hacking to complete a quest.

Not hacking, just taking advantage of the Premade Groups Finder. Server Hop is just a front end for it.
Yeah. "Taking advantage"... right.
OK so I had been working on this quest of and on for a couple weeks. Each time returning with no mystics. I completed the hunter quest line, went back and pure essence dropped on second kill. Maybe this will help. Just thought I'd share my experience.
OK so I had been working on this quest of and on for a couple weeks. Each time returning with no mystics. I completed the hunter quest line, went back and pure essence dropped on second kill. Maybe this will help. Just thought I'd share my experience.
def had to server hop to get the essence
Haven't had luck with the essence yet.. was also having trouble getting the stormy glands from the squallhunters... Literally the last one I was going to kill before quitting was when it dropped the gland... Already bug reported the spawn rates for both :)