What's the chances of a legendary drop?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
Problem is your trying to get one...
Defeats the purpose...
I got one today from a treasure chest.
The poster has every reason to be upset, alot of people are unhappy with this system including myself. We should of been giving a questline for the first legendary at least like we had in last two expansions. It was something we worked toward and were rewarded. That being said rng would of been fine as long as we were assured we were going to get our first legendary that we worked hard for. We dont even know if we will get a legendary now or where it will even drop from. Blizz needs to implement something different, this may run players away especially raiders if these dont drop within a few months or so. I think blizz drop the ball on this one. Thats just my two cents.

Cheers
09/24/2016 11:15 PMPosted by Lyrillia
I got one today from a treasure chest.

Yeah, anywhere you possibly can yet the people that put more time into the game seem to be the lackers.
delete
Our guild has seen 4 thus far. Two of them dropped from Daily Emissary Quest. The other was from a Normal Mode: Emerald Nightmare boss. The other dropped from a Mythic Dungeon. I personally do not care if I get a legendary, I know Ill make up for it in game play. Either way, you can bet your bottom dollar, I will be doing the daily Emissary quest. Also, and this is what those from Emissary Quests told me. Let your chest sit in your bags for a few day before opening. Probably nothing to it, but two of the legendaries came several days after and opening all at once. Not sure if this somehow, "puts you in the zone". However, I have six sitting in my bags and will test at 10.
As far as I know, the chances are pretty epic.
09/14/2016 01:02 PMPosted by Rezkhal
09/14/2016 01:01 PMPosted by Morshedim
You guys... It's barely over 2 weeks into the launch and you are already crying in multiple threads that you don't have a legendary yet?

Good Lord. Take a deep breath and be patient.

I'm not "crying"

I'm pointing out a flaw with legion that players cannot use their skill to acquire items they need other than tripping over and falling into them.

There's no skill in an RNG system, No one wins with an RNG system.

you don't 'need' a legendary for anything.
My guess is the chances of getting a legendary are 0.00000000000000001%.

Basically, it's so low there's no point in trying to farm for it. Just do content as normal.

On the upside, there's also no point to the final tier of advanced research... so that's 15,000 garrison resources you can spend on something else.
heh i do not think getting a legendary has anything to do with time played or gear level at all ...it is purely RNG which means it is the most fair. sorry for those of you who dont have one yet but ... its like people who play the lottery vs those who win ...people dont get mad at that game and its a hell of alot more of a big deal to win the lottery then it is to get orange pixels instead of purple
09/25/2016 09:16 AMPosted by Sniperstrike
AFAIK: Legendaries only drop off Mythic Dungeon bosses, not Heroics or Normal bosses.

Legendary Legion Sources: Mythic Dungeon Bosses, All Raid Dungeon Tier Bosses (LFR+), World Quest Emmisary Caches and weekly World Bosses.

And they are also Bonus Roll Eligible off those specific sources.

You can get legendaries anywhere in game, including normals and heroics and even out in the open.
heh i do not think getting a legendary has anything to do with time played or gear level at all ...it is purely RNG which means it is the most fair.

Sorry, but that statement is false if it were truely rng people wouldn't be getting them this fast and some have upwards of 5-8 by now while others 1-3, and yet 98% of the game 0.

That is not Rng, those are handouts imo.
09/26/2016 03:06 PMPosted by Gnomêrlock
09/25/2016 09:16 AMPosted by Sniperstrike
AFAIK: Legendaries only drop off Mythic Dungeon bosses, not Heroics or Normal bosses.

Legendary Legion Sources: Mythic Dungeon Bosses, All Raid Dungeon Tier Bosses (LFR+), World Quest Emmisary Caches and weekly World Bosses.

And they are also Bonus Roll Eligible off those specific sources.

You can get legendaries anywhere in game, including normals and heroics and even out in the open.

Source for this claim?
09/26/2016 03:08 PMPosted by Aldanis
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Source for this claim?

http://tavernscrubs.com/where-do-all-the-new-legion-legendaries-drop/

or

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=4149/a-guide-to-legion-legendaries
09/26/2016 03:12 PMPosted by Gnomêrlock

or

I see. It doesn't really say whether you can get them in normal or Heroic dungeons however. Also, out in the open seems to be specifically the world boss weekly and the daily caches.
09/14/2016 01:08 PMPosted by Rezkhal

I swear to god the drop chance is higher if you're lower ilvl just to punish good players.

When did ilvl mean your good? ilvl just means youve put more time into the game.
09/26/2016 03:19 PMPosted by Aldanis
09/26/2016 03:12 PMPosted by Gnomêrlock

or

I see. It doesn't really say whether you can get them in normal or Heroic dungeons however. Also, out in the open seems to be specifically the world boss weekly and the daily caches.

Well dungeon bosses are all difficulties I would think cause people have posted screenshots of heroics with people finding multiple legendaries
No body should have a legendary at this point in the expansion (well statistically maybe one or two people) but no one should have two. They should al be nerfed to 840 and the system reset.

They should be purchased from a legendary forge after collecting shards. Bonus rolls could award extra shards. World quests and emissary chests could could drop them.. Heck even pet battles could award some.

Dropping the whole legendary has the problem we are experiencing; clumpy distribution.

In any case no one should have a legendary in patch #1.
i do not think you understand what RNG actually means.

Random chance means that you have a chance of getting an item off of anything randomly... technically you have a 50% chance of getting heads when flipping a coin but that does not prevent you from flipping up heads 3 out of ten times or even 7 out of ten times... random is literally random. i am certain that there is some percent chance to get one off of anything... and just like with coin flipping you can literally "hit the lottery" twice in a row but also like the lottery you may play every day for twenty years and never get one...

people who do alot of the harder content over and over such as spamming mythic dungeons or even heroics randomly will have a higher chance...not because of the content run, but because of the frequency that they run them.

i am certain that if you farmed wolves or murlocks over and over for days you might get one but i got mine off of a mythic boss drop. my guildie got one off of a emissary chest...

but if you are going to be angry about not getting one because you played a lot. that is like being mad you didnt win the lottery or being mad you didnt win the coin toss at your high school football game. its literally one of those things that is out of your control and you are only causing the stress on yourself.

tldr random in random life sucks keep on flipping that coin
09/26/2016 10:50 PMPosted by Demonchrome
i do not think you understand what RNG actually means.

[/quote]

and I don't think you know anything about random number generation.

there is no such thing as TRUE randomness in computer systems. it does not exist. period.