Guise of the Deathwalker Method?

Demon Hunter
09/17/2016 01:15 AMPosted by Azn
09/17/2016 12:59 AMPosted by Yelebiz

did you have the boon of the gemfinder enchant on your shoulders when you got the drop?

I have the mana one on my shoulders and the drops always come in a bag that you open, so I would assume that since they said it dropped from aworld quest, that the enchant had nothing to do with it...and that it comes in a bag as well.

he said it dropped while doing a world quest i think
09/15/2016 03:49 PMPosted by Rekuja
Nay and Waith both did not get the skin legitimately, stop using their methods to try and get the skin.

You're wrong. Nay did it the correct but he was not SUPPOSED to be able to. Don't go throwing out wrong information if you don't know.
09/17/2016 02:43 AMPosted by Sôls
09/15/2016 03:49 PMPosted by Rekuja
Nay and Waith both did not get the skin legitimately, stop using their methods to try and get the skin.

You're wrong. Nay did it the correct but he was not SUPPOSED to be able to. Don't go throwing out wrong information if you don't know.

I still don't know how Nay got it, so I don't think we can use his experience as verified knowledge.
09/17/2016 03:10 AMPosted by Juice
09/17/2016 02:43 AMPosted by Sôls

I still don't know how Nay got it, so I don't think we can use his experience as verified knowledge.
yeah, Nay decided to mess around with thousands of others because he didn't want to share how he got it, then started claiming we were bad people for reacting poorly to his decision and claims he won't ever tell how he got it even when he can get it legitly
09/17/2016 05:47 AMPosted by Nemetzli
09/17/2016 03:10 AMPosted by Juice

yeah, Nay decided to mess around with thousands of others because he didn't want to share how he got it, then started claiming we were bad people for reacting poorly to his decision and claims he won't ever tell how he got it even when he can get it legitly

With out replicating his method we can not state if its the legit method of acquiring an item. People can be wrong or misconstrued and at this point I feel like the entire thing is broken/bugged. Today some one has posted they got the charm as a random drop from a Moonmage in Suramar city. If so the item is limited to drop from aprox 5 NPC spawns (there are many MOONS but only 5 moonMAGES). Frankly I don't feel like putting in 24 hours of beta testing to test this theory.

This entire thing has become tiresome and toxic and frankly I'm more likely to believe Craig Amai did not retire but was fired, hidden appearances are cool, hidden appearances that are impossible to obtain are stupid.

Put that on your stupid whiteboard !@#$%^-.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/56edfa65746fb97c33157c9c/t/57d89aace58c6231819a2320/1473813276660/?format=750w
09/17/2016 06:24 AMPosted by Juice
09/17/2016 05:47 AMPosted by Nemetzli
...yeah, Nay decided to mess around with thousands of others because he didn't want to share how he got it, then started claiming we were bad people for reacting poorly to his decision and claims he won't ever tell how he got it even when he can get it legitly

With out replicating his method we can not state if its the legit method of acquiring an item. People can be wrong or misconstrued and at this point I feel like the entire thing is broken/bugged. Today some one has posted they got the charm as a random drop from a Moonmage in Suramar city. If so the item is limited to drop from aprox 5 NPC spawns (there are many MOONS but only 5 moonMAGES). Frankly I don't feel like putting in 24 hours of beta testing to test this theory.

This entire thing has become tiresome and toxic and frankly I'm more likely to believe Craig Amai did not retire but was fired, hidden appearances are cool, hidden appearances that are impossible to obtain are stupid.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/56edfa65746fb97c33157c9c/t/57d89aace58c6231819a2320/1473813276660/?format=750w

Tbh, I have to agree but I really hope there is something that helps boost the chance of it dropping because if wowhead is accurate then it rlly is a one in a million chance of ever getting that charm.
09/17/2016 09:48 AMPosted by Saerthan
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Tbh, I have to agree but I really hope there is something that helps boost the chance of it dropping because if wowhead is accurate then it rlly is a one in a million chance of ever getting that charm.

Do you really think that, comparing it to all of the other hidden appearances, DH's would just happen to be one of the only ones with that kind of drop rate? Don't kid yourself.

Do you really think that, comparing it to all of the other hidden appearances, DH's would just happen to be one of the only ones with that kind of drop rate? Don't kid yourself.

I really don't understand what you mean?
09/17/2016 12:01 PMPosted by Juice

Hidden artifact appearences arent ment to be some super rare collectable thing that only a handful of people are going to get. A drop rate like that puts it right there w/ end of raid mounts, and blizzard is not going to gate ONE spec from a class behind "kill a million of these and pray" while everyone else has drastically easier to get artifact skins.

Hidden artifact appearences arent ment to be some super rare collectable thing that only a handful of people are going to get. A drop rate like that puts it right there w/ end of raid mounts, and blizzard is not going to gate ONE spec from a class behind "kill a million of these and pray" while everyone else has drastically easier to get artifact skins.

Well I agree with you in principle, doing such a thing is asinine. But I don't use it as a perms of fact because I can bring up examples where there are insane drop rates or insane requirements for legion related content.

Example 1. A hidden shaman appearance comes from a very very very low drop rate from NPC's in Eye of Azhara (to the point I'd call it asinine).

Example 2. Reaves Module: Piloted Combat Mode; 2 crafting Crafting Components that do not have 100% drop rate that come from very stupid places.

Component 1: Predictive Combat Operations Databank - Drops from the Juggernaunt in Siege of Orgrimmar, requires two people because of raid mechanics to get to and its not even 100%!

Component 2: Fel Piston Stabiliser, Doomwalker in Shadowmoon Valley. A 3 to 5 day re spawn world boss in front of a frequently visited raid instance that still does not have 100% drop rate. IT was later patched to drop from other creatures in the area, but it states as a fact some body that this was an ok idea. This was a next to impossible item to get for an engineering crafting item, not changed until a large amount of people called out bull!@#$.

So the idea that some one thought it was ok to make a hidden artifact appearance item a 0.001% drop rate from one NPC in Surarmar is well inside the reality we live. Even more so the person who then programmed it made an error and the entire situation is flamingo-ed up and considering the toxic attitude of WoW community no one with the abiltiy to research and fix the potential problem (inside blizzard) is going to give this the time of day.

My argument for the possibility that the programming behind this could be broken is;

For 2 weeks the drop rate on Legendary (one of the most important and weighted effect on game balance) has been broken and been handing them out like candy.

If they can %^-* that up they can !@#$ up a hidden appearance quest line.

TLDR; Thank %^-* they fired Craig Amai
Any progress with this?
09/18/2016 02:45 PMPosted by Glaivemaster
Any progress with this?

I drew a picture of everything we know so far but then I realised it was just a blank sheet of paper.
Man you guys really need to chill out. It doesn't drop off moonmages and wowhead is not accurate. Just wait around this is going to be gated behind something (ak5?) and everyone will be able to get it once we get past that stage.

Well if i recall rets are gated behind a level 21 artifact knowledge (knowledge, not trait/power) so it wouldn't surprise me.
09/18/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Daemondawn
09/18/2016 02:45 PMPosted by Glaivemaster
Any progress with this?

I drew a picture of everything we know so far but then I realised it was just a blank sheet of paper.

But if I use spectral sight before looking at the drawing I'll see a hidden map, right?

I'm saying that there are a lot of morons on these forums who I was quoting that assume the item needed to obtain the hidden artifact appearance only drops from 5 mobs (moonmages) and the drop rate is 0.01%. That is absolutely nothing like any other specs hidden appearance and they wouldn't do it that way, but some kid decides to go off on a rant about it.
Hey guys.

I've been tracking this thing down as well for a week, I was in The Fel Hammer discord but I didn't wanna register the name I used because I use a different one and cannot join anymore. Can anyone link it or share any info you find out?

Thanks
Did we discover anything else with the help of Helenora or did it end up being a bug again?

I'm saying that there are a lot of morons on these forums who I was quoting that assume the item needed to obtain the hidden artifact appearance only drops from 5 mobs (moonmages) and the drop rate is 0.01%. That is absolutely nothing like any other specs hidden appearance and they wouldn't do it that way, but some kid decides to go off on a rant about it.
You mean kinda like the Bulwark of the Iron Warden? That only drops off 9 mobs total, and you can only kill one of them per day; and half of the mobs (currently) have a less than 1% drop rate...