Let's clear some things up: Mythic

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
09/17/2016 06:39 PMPosted by Florence
This is why sometimes I dont like the voting system. You make great points, but got -1's. It's fine folks disagree, but really wish I knew what people disagreed with in particular instead of just adding a vote point.

Well, for one, they mixed up LFD and LFG. The common tools those acronyms are applied to are the exact opposite of what that person said they were - LFD is used to refer to the Dungeon Finder, and LFG to the Group Finder. That's what the D and G stand for.

Ironically, if that first paragraph had read "this is why players are against Mythic Dungeons in a queue system", everything would still have made sense there.

But speaking of the first paragraph, that's also what's disagreed with. I've definitely not seen any more players being jerks in (at least WoD's) Mythics than I have in LFD & LFR. The opposite, actually.

I prefer to not deal with turborager at all. Thanks.

Bud, if you think there're fewer turboragers at tanks in LFD and LFR, I have some unfortunate news for you.

09/17/2016 06:53 PMPosted by Daenaerys
There are definitely some boogeymonsters that you can't AOE faceroll in Legion. Most notably Black Rook Hold, Arcway and Court Of Stars. You attempt to just AOE the trash in those without kill orders and interrupts and you're gonna have a bad time.

I don't believe that's what they mean by "boogeymonster".

There are tons of people posting that they'll never be able to get into Mythic Dungeons because people "gate" them by asking for higher IL than the dungeons drop. Even though right now this is 100% untrue (I'd screenshot it if it didn't mean some fifty+ individual screenshots) and still wouldn't stop them from making their own group where all the downtrodden, oppressed casuals who don't play the game for 28 hours a day can join... or whatever the buzzphrase of the time is.
What upsets me is the fact that 3 zones dont have a heroic version.
You can have all the mythic versions you want i dont care!
I do care that blizzard is forcing us to use tools outside of the lfd system to see 3 of these zones.
No i am not scared of the difficulty of the zone itself.
I am not scared at all in fact and you can stop insulting those of us upset about this by saying we are scared of it.
What i do not want to do is deal with the leaders in the lfg tool.
No i dont want to make my own group thank you!
I want heroic versions that can be placed in the lfd tool!
A system that has been in place longer than it wasnt in place.

What did i do before the lfd tool? I didnt do 5 mans and i hated it!
Any system that puts control of the group into players hands is bad imo!
The scrubs really stick out at the start of an expansion.
09/17/2016 08:49 PMPosted by Nitewolfetx
What upsets me is the fact that 3 zones dont have a heroic version.
You can have all the mythic versions you want i dont care!
I do care that blizzard is forcing us to use tools outside of the lfd system to see 3 of these zones.
No i am not scared of the difficulty of the zone itself.
I am not scared at all in fact and you can stop insulting those of us upset about this by saying we are scared of it.
What i do not want to do is deal with the leaders in the lfg tool.
No i dont want to make my own group thank you!
I want heroic versions that can be placed in the lfd tool!
A system that has been in place longer than it wasnt in place.

What did i do before the lfd tool? I didnt do 5 mans and i hated it!
Any system that puts control of the group into players hands is bad imo!

I say this in an effort to help you, not insult you: you are afraid of a monster that isn't in your closet

are random people !@#$%^-s? yes, this is a well known fact. the problem is you seem to think because you're queuing for a group MANUALLY you're going to run into more *!@#$%^s than you would if the system placed you into a group

the fact of the matter is you're going to run into just as many -*!@#$%s whether you use the premade finder or LFD. just because a player is putting your group together for one of them is not going to change this fact
09/17/2016 03:33 PMPosted by Phildunphy
I think one of the big differences is you could queue for heroic (yellow) in wod lfd and you can't queue for "yellow" in legion

The biggest problem I have with mythics, its not a big problem but you can only do them once a weekly lockout and I dont find myself doing them as often as heroics due to not being queable while doing sonething else.
The people who constantly complain about getting rejected from groups are always the ones who never make them.
09/17/2016 03:30 PMPosted by Kynlaylaria
Now we have Legion, where things are shaken up a bit. Blizzard is introducing a new difficulty, Mythic+. What color will Mythic+ be? Red

Black. We're now going to have green, yellow, red, and black.

Mythic is not the new Heroic.
From what I've seen, it seems a lot of people are stuck thinking that Blizzard is locking things behind the "hardcore only" Mythic difficulty, when this is simply not true

Let's take a step back to Pandaria and earlier: we had 2 dungeon difficulties, Normal and Heroic, with Pandaria having Challenge mode which was sorta its own separate thing

Translating the difficulties to colors, let's say Normal is Green and Heroic is Yellow

Step forward to Warlords, and the introduction of Mythic, which we'll now say is Red

So in difficulty, we have Green, Yellow, and Red, in that order. Green is the introductory stage, Yellow is the interim, and the end for most casual players, while Red is reserved for the hardcore players looking for a true challenge

Now we have Legion, where things are shaken up a bit. Blizzard is introducing a new difficulty, Mythic+. What color will Mythic+ be? Red

They're pulling back previous difficulties. Mythic is now Yellow, putting it on a level equivalent to previous expansions' Heroics, while the Heroics now are Green. Legion Normals are a new color, Blue, meant to be an introductory difficulty to help you learn you class and level with.

So now you have Blue Normal (Introductory), Green Heroic (Study), Yellow Mythic (Quiz), and Red Mythic+ (Exam)

tl;dr: If you were doing Heroics in past expansions before, you can do Mythics in this expansion. Stop crying foul at Blizzard for locking dungeons behind a difficulty you are falsely perceiving as the "hardcore" level

Agreed Mythics are easy, I think what people dislike is not having Mythics in LFD format
A slight side matter to the whole mythics situation, but WTF is with Blizzard giving us SO MUCH STRATIFICATION????????? Normal, Heroic, Mythic, Legendary, Epic, Super Epic, Hyper Epic, Saga and f**cking so on. Jesus, can we just stick to 2 difficulties like before and the competitive people getting their CM's which are purely for bragging rights? We're going to be needing stat squishes every expansion at this rate.
From what I've seen, it seems a lot of people are stuck thinking that Blizzard is locking things behind the "hardcore only" Mythic difficulty, when this is simply not true

Let's take a step back to Pandaria and earlier: we had 2 dungeon difficulties, Normal and Heroic, with Pandaria having Challenge mode which was sorta its own separate thing

Translating the difficulties to colors, let's say Normal is Green and Heroic is Yellow

Step forward to Warlords, and the introduction of Mythic, which we'll now say is Red

So in difficulty, we have Green, Yellow, and Red, in that order. Green is the introductory stage, Yellow is the interim, and the end for most casual players, while Red is reserved for the hardcore players looking for a true challenge

They're pulling back previous difficulties. Mythic is now Yellow, putting it on a level equivalent to previous expansions' Heroics, while the Heroics now are Green. Legion Normals are a new color, Blue, meant to be an introductory difficulty to help you learn you class and level with.

So now you have Blue Normal (Introductory), Green Heroic (Study), Yellow Mythic (Quiz), and Red Mythic+ (Exam)

tl;dr: If you were doing Heroics in past expansions before, you can do Mythics in this expansion. Stop crying foul at Blizzard for locking dungeons behind a difficulty you are falsely perceiving as the "hardcore" level

If mythic isn't a big deal, then let people queue for it. If it's too hard to be queueable, then story quests need to be doable at least in heroic, with heroic available for all dungeons.
I started playing last weekend and I'm not even at heroic dungeons yet and I got rekt by Cordana lol.
09/17/2016 11:09 PMPosted by Jiyacin
If mythic isn't a big deal, then let people queue for it. If it's too hard to be queueable, then story quests need to be doable at least in heroic, with heroic available for all dungeons.

I would join a group just to see the mythic only content, but I feel like I'd bring the group down. At this haste level I can't really do damage, maybe when I get better/different gear.
09/17/2016 11:09 PMPosted by Jiyacin
If it's too hard to be queueable, then story quests need to be doable at least in heroic, with heroic available for all dungeons.

Why? We're not talking Mythic Raiding which is hard enough to lock players out. The only things stopping players from doing Mythic are low gear, insufficient practice, and in topics like this one, the inexplicable, insurmountable fear of actually assembling a group in order to do group content in an MMO.
09/17/2016 11:32 PMPosted by Nyzer
Why?

Why not?
I don't think anyone is asking for the dungeons to be nerfed, just made available to queue for those who wish to do so.

and in topics like this one, the inexplicable, insurmountable fear of actually assembling a group in order to do group content in an MMO.

I'm not great with people, I've also had bad experiences grouping in the past. I mostly just play solo, run one heroic a day for artifact power, queue bgs, and the occasional arena if I can find someone for 2s but that's about it.
Once I actually get reasonable gear for the content I'd prefer to queue for it.
Is that so wrong?
Why? We're not talking Mythic Raiding which is hard enough to lock players out. The only things stopping players from doing Mythic are low gear, insufficient practice, and in topics like this one, the inexplicable, insurmountable fear of actually assembling a group in order to do group content in an MMO.

Let's think about this rationally. Say I'm going to make the group myself. If the only requirements to said group are a sufficient item level, then what difference is this to using LFD? If someone's terrible, you can vote to kick them in LFD.

There is no reason to have unqueueable, mythic-only dungeons. If it's too hard to allow LFD, then heroic versions should be available for those that can't handle it. If it's not too hard, then you should be able to queue for it. There is zero logic behind making story content that can't be seen via LFD.
I like Mythic as it is.

Without Proving Grounds there is no filter for players who are just... bad at this game in general.

Punishing mechanics makes them stand out like an LED in a pitch black room.

Mythic+ will take that even further.
Mythics in legion are less intense than dungeons were in Vanilla. In Vanilla you had to CC or risk a wipe on trash, in Legion its not an issue.

Mythics in Legion are baseline dungeoneering. Mythic+ is where the challenge will be. There is no reason why the average player couldn't do mythics by 7.1 and I think this was very intentional on Blizz's part, because they want most players in Mythic+.

Normal/Heroic = Introductory
Mythic = Intermediate
Mythic+ = Advanced
09/17/2016 03:33 PMPosted by Phildunphy
I think one of the big differences is you could queue for heroic (yellow) in wod lfd and you can't queue for "yellow" in legion

This is exactly correct. I just put a post on general stating the same thing. Invite only hard mode requirements is a show stopper for many people. It is for me. I'm not going to sit there and beg to join people's Mythic group, and that is EXACTLY what I just went through an hour ago.

I've been playing Legion just about nightly for weeks. I just logged off WoW, and probably won't be logging back on for a few days.. I've got other things to do now that I know I can't progress.
and for some, the color or level of difficulty means absolutely nothing when you can no longer do any kind of group content w/o relying upon the other party members to carry you through it, there are players sometimes who walk away from group content for a reason, because they can no longer physically do it.
09/18/2016 12:12 AMPosted by Solvos
Without Proving Grounds there is no filter for players who are just... bad at this game in general.

Well if I could queue for mythics I would happily complete proving grounds again.

I think it's fair to add that requirement, better than not being able to queue at all.