Let's clear some things up: Mythic

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Mythic dungeons are harder than the heroic dungeons were at the start of WoD.
09/18/2016 12:42 AMPosted by Mildríðr
09/18/2016 12:12 AMPosted by Solvos
Without Proving Grounds there is no filter for players who are just... bad at this game in general.

Well if I could queue for mythics I would happily complete proving grounds again.

I think it's fair to add that requirement, better than not being able to queue at all.

If you can do Proving Grounds you can do Mythic so I have no problems with that.

It's the people that cant even do WoW 101 mechanics that I want as far away from my groups as possible.
09/17/2016 03:30 PMPosted by Kynlaylaria
From what I've seen, it seems a lot of people are stuck thinking that Blizzard is locking things behind the "hardcore only" Mythic difficulty, when this is simply not true

Let's take a step back to Pandaria and earlier: we had 2 dungeon difficulties, Normal and Heroic, with Pandaria having Challenge mode which was sorta its own separate thing

Translating the difficulties to colors, let's say Normal is Green and Heroic is Yellow

Step forward to Warlords, and the introduction of Mythic, which we'll now say is Red

So in difficulty, we have Green, Yellow, and Red, in that order. Green is the introductory stage, Yellow is the interim, and the end for most casual players, while Red is reserved for the hardcore players looking for a true challenge

Now we have Legion, where things are shaken up a bit. Blizzard is introducing a new difficulty, Mythic+. What color will Mythic+ be? Red

They're pulling back previous difficulties. Mythic is now Yellow, putting it on a level equivalent to previous expansions' Heroics, while the Heroics now are Green. Legion Normals are a new color, Blue, meant to be an introductory difficulty to help you learn you class and level with.

So now you have Blue Normal (Introductory), Green Heroic (Study), Yellow Mythic (Quiz), and Red Mythic+ (Exam)

tl;dr: If you were doing Heroics in past expansions before, you can do Mythics in this expansion. Stop crying foul at Blizzard for locking dungeons behind a difficulty you are falsely perceiving as the "hardcore" level

If people are that confused and intimidated, maybe Blizzard should have labeled the dungeons Epic or Intrepid dungeons instead of Mythic.
09/18/2016 01:04 AMPosted by Verbatim

How so? What makes them more difficult than WoD Heroics?
09/18/2016 01:11 AMPosted by Atraeus
09/18/2016 01:04 AMPosted by Verbatim

How so? What makes them more difficult than WoD Heroics?

Peoples inability to start their own groups, apparently.
I have just one question when it comes to mythics, why the hell put a questline in them? It's one thing to put it in a normal or heroic, but in mythics where you actively have to try and find a group that will firstly accept your ilvl, not kick you for making mistakes, not kick you because they can etc... it sucks.

I was fortunate in that I found a group yesterday to do my mythic eye of ashara quest, but then I have to do darkheart thicket, and in a way I can tolerate doing this on my dps, its hard work getting accepted... but what about my tank? I am not a great tank, I'm an okay tank. I don't have the confidence to tank mythics, and I sure as hell don't want to waste my time on Ret.... but if I want to do subsequent questlines behind mythics I'm going to be forced into either extra levelling of a ret artifact, or put into a beyond stressful situation for my mental health to complete it.... or forgo that on my Paladin, which is my favourite class now that hunter is so damn boring.

I don't have a problem with the questline ending up in a raid, because LFR automatically puts you in... so I can do the bare minimum work on my Ret side for my paladin to do the quest as DPS...

Ain't no one gonna take a ret pally with very little work put into his artifact for a mythic.
09/18/2016 01:15 AMPosted by Kentavious
I have just one uestion whenit comes to mythics, why the hell put a questline in them? It's one thing to put it in a normal or heroic, but in mythics where you actively have to try and find a group that will firstly accept your ilvl, nto kick you for making mistakes, not kick you because they can etc... it sucks.

I was fortunate in that I found a group yesterday to do my mythic eye of ashara quest, but then I have to do darkheart thicket, and in a way I can tolerate doing this on my dps, its hard work getting accepted... but what about my tank? I am not a great tank, I'm an okay tank. I don't have the confidence to tank mythics, and I sure as hell don't want to waste my time on Ret.... but if I want to do subsequent questlines behind mythics I'm going to be forced into either extra levelling of a ret artifact, or put into a beyond stressful situation for my mental health to complete it.... or forgo that on my Paladin, which is my favourite class now that hunter is so damn boring.

I don't have a problem with the questline ending up in a raid, because LFR automatically puts you in... so I can do the bare minimum work on my Ret side for my paladin to do the quest as DPS...

Ain't no one gonna take a ret pally with very little work put into his artifact for a mythic.

It's for an APPEARANCE

IT IS AN OPTIONAL SIDE QUEST, NOT MANDATORY - YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT.
Bruh, it's a video game.

Grab a hold of your cajones and just do it. You will never meet any of the people you group with in real life, ever. No need to be anxious about it.
I didn't find the Mythics I've tried so far particularly challenging, but I did find them far more enjoyable than running LFG heroics. Simply because people were more talkative, we'd discuss the instance, fight mechanics and so on.

It reminded me a lot of what running normal dungeons with pre-raid gear felt like back in vanilla.

I quite enjoyed Court of Stars, especially the "find the spy" event. Getting the party to chat to "solve" a game mechanic faster should be done more, I think.

I'm still not convinced that difficulty splits for dungeon/raiding are a good thing. I'd prefer it if Mythic was baseline. Normal and Heroic are just tedious.
I at first was scared of Mythics myself but for the ones I was uneasy about I formed my own group and in the description wrote "relaxed group. new to mythics, let's learn together" and we had no issues. There was a few wipes but being able to control the atmosphere made it a lot less brutal.
Had a lot more successful runs this way too.
09/18/2016 01:17 AMPosted by Adyarin
I have just one uestion whenit comes to mythics, why the hell put a questline in them? It's one thing to put it in a normal or heroic, but in mythics where you actively have to try and find a group that will firstly accept your ilvl, nto kick you for making mistakes, not kick you because they can etc... it sucks.

It's for an APPEARANCE

IT IS AN OPTIONAL SIDE QUEST, NOT MANDATORY - YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT.

Well then, it would be handy if it indicated that in an obvious way in game, or perhaps not be offered up to me in my class hall. How am I as a casual gamer to know this? I just try to do every quest line presented to me.
09/18/2016 01:17 AMPosted by Solvos
Bruh, it's a video game.

Grab a hold of your cajones and just do it. You will never meet any of the people you group with in real life, ever. No need to be anxious about it.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but just in case, one I dont have cajones... I am of the female gamer variety, and two, I wish I could control my anxiety... would make my life a lot smoother.

The problem with anxiety, is logic doesn't work on it.

Cheers though.
I don't mind the idea of Mythic-only dungeons
I don't mind the idea of Mythics not being in LFD

However, I DO mind both of those ideas together.

If Mythics are as easy as people are saying, what reason is there to not put them in LFD? To many people it's easier, and those that are against LFD still don't have to use it. Many of these arguments are the same ones shot at LFR when it was still a concept, and LFR didn't do anything to hurt the players who didn't want to use it.
Yes it does...

Im more than certain you've faced trials and tribulations 10x worse in the real world than tanking in virtual reality. To say you haven't must be a life truly spent in a bubble.

Steel yourself. I grew up poor, I've encountered BS aplenty.

Consider it the first step in combating your anxiety.
People are forgetting that Mythics in WOD scaled down your gear to a standard iLVL so they were always just as hard. That does not happen in legion. While initially thwy may be a bit harder than WOD heroics... once you hit 840+ they are laughably easy and they don't scale your gear.
OP is right, Mythic isn't even hard. Mythic+++ is the hardcore stuff.

Mythic this expansion is the same difficulty as heroic in BC (probably even easier). Just know the mechanics, wipe a few times till you get it right, voila.

If you want content spoonfed to you, read a comic book, don't play a videogame.
09/18/2016 01:30 AMPosted by Dbrb
People are forgetting that Mythics in WOD scaled down your gear to a standard iLVL so they were always just as hard. That does not happen in legion. While initially thwy may be a bit harder than WOD heroics... once you hit 840+ they are laughably easy and they don't scale your gear.

I don't think that's really the issue here. I agree, I have done a few mythics (starting at ilvl 830) and they weren't that hard if people pay attention.

The problem is, as the expansion goes on, regardless of how easy they are, people are going to keep increasing the ilvl requirement for their groups.

Like near the end of WoD, my ilvl 710 hunter wasn't ever able to get into mythic groups because everyone wanted 725+. I was already 25 ilvls higher than the gear that dropped in the dungeons, but still wasn't "good enough".

Even making my own group was unsuccessful, because of the high demand for healers and tanks, they could easily get into one of those 740 ilvl speed runs, so why would they pick my group?

I am in a very small casual guild, so there isn't always someone around for me to ask to run mythics with me, nor should I have to constantly bug guildmates just to be able to find a group.
When you hear the word Mythic it does't exactly make it sound like a difficulty built for everyone. If it is as easy as people are making it out to be then no reason you shouldn't be able to queue for it. Heroics are easy but the name suggest something different.
There are quite a few differences that the OP is missing. Althoiugh making a good point overall.

The dungeons this time around actually have a measure of difficulty to them. Mainly due to mechanics. Normal dungeons are still pretty easy.

Heroics are a bit more difficult. About as difficult as they should be. They still offer a decent amount of damage and challenge. The abilities hurt more, the mechanics are a bit quicker to deal with. Mythics are still just as difficult as they were in WoD.

Just because some of the bosses dont do very much means nothing. At times its the trash thats more difficult than the boss. A lot of people whom don't get a lot of time to play, wont be geared or ready for Mythics, not even including Mythic+ into the convo yet.

So to require someone to go into mythics whom probably will enver see them, is gating.

In this statement I cannot add myself to that group, as I play quite a bit and take the hunter to mythics every day. Whether I am saved or not. (Usually to help a guildie)

So, in a way it is gating, but, its not too difficult to get gear, and be able to do them. Both points are valid here.
So true, it's not the difficulty of Mythics keeping 'casuals' out, it's the fact they can't click one button and then just afk through it. Just put in a minuscule amount of effort and you'll realize how easy it is.