Is this bannable?

Customer Support
I have an account I made for the RAF Cindermane Charger mount and plan on using it to help with other things but what I am wondering is can I use it to farm those coins on Timeless Isle where my main account kills my RAF account over and over since Blizzard should know it is my account under the same Battle Tag name and such.

I don't want to start doing this until I am sure there will be no trouble and thank you for answers.
Technically that would be called win-trading and that is not allowed. It goes against the spirit of the game.
09/03/2016 04:34 PMPosted by Thundertotem
Technically that would be called win-trading and that is not allowed. It goes against the spirit of the game.

Even if it is my own account doing it to my other how is that win trading I am controlling both accounts and both characters just having my main account killing my RAF account?
It would be artificially generating wins even so, regardless of what it's called.
Blizzard defines it as win trading, who is controlling accounts makes no difference.

You are not gonna get exact yes can or no you can't. if you do decide to do it, and Blizzard comes in and suspends the account, the only one to blame is your self for trying to exploit/take advantage of the system.
09/03/2016 08:23 PMPosted by Thundertotem
Blizzard defines it as win trading

...and yet at the same time, they enable it by permitting people to use their forum as a place for people to come together and organise groups for this specific purpose, with zero repercussions.
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748835069#post-14

To be clear, allowing someone to kill you repeatedly for Bloody Coins can fall under win-trading. Yes, you may not be directly trading wins but it falls under the same thing. It is trivializing the encounter by being a non-participant. I assume you are exchanging gold or materials which reinforces the win-trading operation.

It is probably something you'd want to avoid. If reported and investigated it may lead to penalties applied to the involved accounts.
09/03/2016 09:03 PMPosted by Nobully
with zero repercussions.

And you proof of this? Last I heard Blizzard doesn't discuss punishments to outside parties.
09/03/2016 09:15 PMPosted by Thundertotem
09/03/2016 09:03 PMPosted by Nobully
with zero repercussions.

And you proof of this? Last I heard Blizzard doesn't discuss punishments to outside parties.

the proof is that it's been the same people, doing the same thing, ever since this forum has existed.

...combined with the fact that the threads are not removed, or moderated in any way.
I did a bit more research on this win trading thing that has been thrown around in here and from what I gathered it mostly applies to PVP Arenas and BGs which I have never done or ever will so really doesn't seem how having my OWN alt kill my OTHER alt over and over for those coins means I am win trading when again it is my own accounts and I am not using macros or any exploiting tactics since I know those are reasons to ban your account.

And for those down voting just cause I am trying to learn what something is learn to read I am not saying I am doing it only want to know more about it also I have a support ticket into Blizzard.
09/03/2016 10:56 PMPosted by Dyingbreed
And for those down voting

don't pay any attention to it.

some people are offended by everything... including people who come to a support forum asking questions.
Someone posted a Blue post flat out saying that doing exactly what you are asking is win trading. That is the answer, there is no argument here. It is against the rules. Full stop.
09/03/2016 11:03 PMPosted by Nobully
09/03/2016 10:56 PMPosted by Dyingbreed
And for those down voting

don't pay any attention to it.

some people are offended by everything... including people who come to a support forum asking questions.

Or its being down voted because even after being shown a Blue post saying it is against the rules they are continuing to try and argue it's okay. Or that you are also trying to rules lawyer and argue it's okay to do because some posts haven't been moderated. I suppose you will have some round about way to claim that Vrak is wrong as well?
09/03/2016 10:46 PMPosted by Nobully
09/03/2016 09:15 PMPosted by Thundertotem

the proof is that it's been the same people, doing the same thing, ever since this forum has existed.

...combined with the fact that the threads are not removed, or moderated in any way.

Take your crusade elsewhere. You know how to report posts. You know how to submit suggestions.

Avail yourself of the options available to you.

OP - yes, whether called 'Win-Trading' or whether being actioned for 'non-participation' or 'actions that violate the essence of the World of Warcraft' - the end result is the same.

Those coins are a reward for participation in a player vs player environment, where the goal in such a confrontational experience is to win. Both/all parties should be actively attempting to do so. That's what makes it a competitive and confrontational experience.

Circumventing the goal of that portion of the game, with the intent to reap the rewards, without the risk - is indeed a violation of the Terms of Use, and such behavior has been penalized, time and time again, since the beginning of the game. They got even more all encompassing with the behaviors and actions that could result in suspensions, bans, and removal of rewards starting in BC, when Halaa battles and intentional farming of the area became popular. That's when we first started seeing the penalties being defined as 'Against the essence of World Of Warcraft' - and we saw a huge wave of 'non-participation' penalties for battleground tanking about the same time.

Don't do it. It's certainly not worth risking either or both of your accounts for it.
09/04/2016 01:27 AMPosted by Brugh
Take your crusade elsewhere. You know how to report posts.

report for what?

if the threads were breaking any rules, they'd be removed.

"wintrading" threads are not removed.

It's pretty much the entire point of that forum.
So, you've been reporting each of those threads, and nothing's been done?

Or are you just complaining that nothings being done, because you haven't seen it?
09/04/2016 02:06 AMPosted by Nobully
09/04/2016 01:27 AMPosted by Brugh
Take your crusade elsewhere. You know how to report posts.

report for what?

if the threads were breaking any rules, they'd be removed.

"wintrading" threads are not removed.

It's pretty much the entire point of that forum.

And? You have a Blue post quoted in this very thread saying it is against the rules. What mental gymnastics are you going to use to argue that away?
09/04/2016 02:10 AMPosted by Brugh
So, you've been reporting each of those threads, and nothing's been done?

no, i gave up years ago.. because the reports are completely ignored.

What am I meant to do?

Continue to "abuse" the report function, when Blizzard clearly don't have an issue with the threads?

Hopefully the op gets the information they need via their ticket, because the forum mods seem to have conflicting opinions on what's OK and what's not.

(oh, and it's a pity the "old" forum was purged, because people were actually advised to form wintrading groups back in tbc - wayback machine anyone?)

anyhoo, enjoy arguing amongst yourselves, it's disappointing that people troll this forum to the point where threads need to be locked.