Can't use enchant or illusions on Artifacts?

Transmogrification
I don't have the option on any of my artifacts unless I transmog them to something else. Is this a bug or intentional?
bump
I also want to know.
Likely intentional because your artifacts will likely start getting glowing effects as you change their appearance
09/10/2016 09:44 AMPosted by Evatruelight
Likely intentional because your artifacts will likely start getting glowing effects as you change their appearance

Appearances sure. But you should be able to pick the glow.
ESPECIALLY after they made me re-farm all these glows when I had 10 garrisons with enchanters huts so I could have whatever glow I wanted.

Yet when the pre-patch hit all 10 bonked their heads and forgot 3/4s of their enchanter's illusions!
The only problem is the glows would have to "stack" if the weapon has a glow without the need of illusion already
09/10/2016 02:13 PMPosted by Evatruelight
The only problem is the glows would have to "stack" if the weapon has a glow without the need of illusion already

I disagree. Why not simply replace?
09/10/2016 02:17 PMPosted by Évè
09/10/2016 02:13 PMPosted by Evatruelight

The glows can't replace the natural glows on the weapon for the same reason the dagger Ced's Carver will always have a black glow: it is built into the weapon. I used to have that dagger transmogged over the tentacle dagger from the Hour of Twilight heroics because it did not show the Power Torrent glow.
09/10/2016 06:23 PMPosted by Ilorien
09/10/2016 02:17 PMPosted by Évè

The glows can't replace the natural glows on the weapon for the same reason the dagger Ced's Carver will always have a black glow: it is built into the weapon. I used to have that dagger transmogged over the tentacle dagger from the Hour of Twilight heroics because it did not show the Power Torrent glow.

Yeah... But shouldn't Blizzard have thought that maybe glows on artifacts would be a big thing especially after the implementation of Enchanter's Illusions (twice) and not have glows you couldn't override as a result?
This needs to be added. +1 to Endorse.