A Message from Chris Metzen

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 84 Next
Good luck with everything! Thank you so much for all you've given me growing up. I can't truly thank you enough. All my love and justice!
I don't have words for you Mr. Metzen about this.. these universes that I have time and again immersed myself within and what they have meant to my life.

I wish you and your family nothing but the best. Enjoy your retirement.

Sincerely, thank you for all that you have given us.
I have only been here a short time, so I haven't been able to witness the full scope of your journey first hand (and with a career here spanning so far back, few of us have!), but, as a player, the work you've done has defined a lifetime for myself and countless others.

I remember my first day on campus and being floored at seeing you step out of an elevator I was getting into and freaking out over passing you in a hallway or on the courtyard a couple of times (probably the height of Blizzard fanboy status for me).

This is a serious understatement, but I think many of our lives would not be the same if it wasn't for everything you've done. Your love of this (World of War) craft has touched each and every one of our lives here, and I know we are all grateful for the legacy you're leaving behind.

Thanks for everything, Chris. Wishing you a happy early retirement and you and your family the best in the future!
Because of you and your games, I met the love of my life in WoW and we've been together IRL for 4 almost 5 years now. Thank you Chris. <3 You changed my life.
Chris,

Thank you for all the stories man. World of Warcraft has been a big part of my life since 2007 when some of my geeky D&D friends told me I needed to try it. So I bought that box and haven't looked back. This game has seen me through some pretty big changes in my life. At a time when I was a single dad with a teenage daughter, an infant son, and a full time career; World of Warcraft was not only my escape but also a way to socialize with other geeky adults when I was tied to the house caring for a baby.

So enjoy those little ones. I can tell you they grow far too fast and before you know it they are off on their own...

Again, THANK YOU!
Farewell Chris,

It's been a great ride having you along on so many projects I have loved. I hope you enjoy your time "retired" and spend it well with family and friends. Blizzcon intro just won't be the same without your great booming voice echoing through the crowd. The games you have been apart of have touched me in ways that no other video games have ever done, and for this I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

You will be missed.
Lok'Tar Ogar Warchief, thanks for the great memories. You will be missed.
I've been a fan of Blizzard's works since Warcraft II. Now I can't say I've agreed with every decision made during the creative process during that whole period to now- but I haven't seen a single company more dedicated and willing to stick up for themselves and their vision. I value Blizz because of integrity, and you know, cool art and monsters and setting things on fire and stuff. It's always been top notch, and you helped pull that off.

Good luck out there.

I'll burn some orphan- Uh- I mean to say I'll burn some monsters in your name tonight.
Wishing you all the best for the future. You and the worlds you've helped create have had a pretty major impact on my life, and the journey's been an enjoyable one.

Thanks for everything Chris. It'll be super weird seeing a BlizzCon without you bringing your passion to the stage.
OMG! I will miss you so much Chris! It's so sad but also good everyone needs a break especially at your age. lol I kid. I will miss seeing you speak at Blizzcon. I hope you still attend! For the Alliance!
This stings........ Alot.

I feel like i should have alot of words to say.. but i literally have none im speechless.

I've been with you since day one and you have no idea how your worlds and characters have molded my life.

Sad to see you go, but enjoy your retirement my friend, you have earned it!

#stopcuttingalltheseonions
LOK'TAR OGAR!
Hope you find joy in your new path.

Best of wishes. We'll miss you.
Thank you for all you have done. Job well done, every warrior deserves his rest.
I wish you joy in your family and peace in your heart.
Te extrañaremos :(
Chris, I feel I know you as a kindred spirit. Though we've never met, we've never talked directly (well maybe you read something I once posted but that would make me geek out in the least masculine way possible so I'll just assume it didn't happen), I feel I know you through your work, and your passion.

You have earned this. You've helped build worlds strong enough to survive and soar without you. You walk away justified in the knowledge that Blizzard is in great hands. Kick back, chill, get fat, and play with the kiddos.

Buuuuuuut.....

We still need you for your voice work! I know we all joked that every character in the game used to sound like you, but there are certain characters that really do need to sound like you, or they don't sound right at all. (Particularly Thrall.) Please find the time to continue to step in to the recording booth to lend your voice to these characters. I know you will agree that when a long-established character suddenly changes voices, the quality of that world suffers. So please, as a fan of your creations, take the time to stop in and speak into the microphone from time to time. And if we get another Warcraft movie with Thrall as a main character, you had damn well better be his voice actor!

Lok'tar ogar, brother.
Chris -

You don't know me and I don't know you, but this isn't putting it lightly to say that your work, and that of your team, have had a profound impact on me and my life more than I can really accurately say.

I'm nearing 15 years of playing Blizzard games, I met my wife because of chance encounter where she saw me playing World of Warcraft and mentioned she was into it to. It's what led me to try my hand at writing, a hand I'm still working on.

The stories and the worlds you have built have enchanted and enthralled us for so long, I can't imagine a life in which I did not get to experience them.

I will miss your hand at the wheel, and I wish you all the peace and good times in the world going forward.

Peace.
Hats off to you, Chris; you've helped shape and build amazing universes for these games to thrive in!

Have fun on your well deserved break o/
Wow, Metzen. Sad to see you go, but you really are leaving for the very best reason of all. My husband had the week off last week, as he was unable to get time off at Legion's launch, and it was so wonderful having him home with our two kids and baby. I hope you know how lucky you all are! Best of luck.
Thank you for your hard work!
You shaped my childhood with the creation of Warcraft 3!!!!!!! And the rest is history!
You truly are a role model in the industry, a true titan.
Please enjoy your retired life, spending your precious time with your family is your number 1 priority.
I can't thank you enough for the work you put in to this community of games, no UNIVERSES.
Chris, more than anyone, you crafted worlds I have lived in for most of my life.

I thank you for giving me that space to escape into. Words cannot describe my appreciation.