Illidan vs Tichondrious vs Em Dream (Horde)

New Player Help and Guides
Which of those 3 servers should I start on for Horde?
Looking for fun WPvP (I hear all servers are merged now, so does this even matter?)
Looking for a good economy (AH). Easy to make money and keep up with everyone.
Decent crowd around the clock.
Easy to get groups.
Great chat.

Am I looking for an unrealistic server?
The CRZ group is going to be the dominant factor now when it comes to who you see when you're out in the world.

Of the realms you listed, Emerald Dream is going to be the least effected by CRZ. Since there aren't as many RP-PvP servers, and Emerald Dream is by far the largest, it will tend to be dominant in the CRZ cluster. Looking at the realmpop data, that CRZ cluster is pretty well balanced between Horde and Alliance right now.

The other servers you listed are in much bigger CRZ pools, which makes it harder to just look at something like Realmpop. Different shards are going to combine different servers, and so the CRZ population breakdown will change a lot more between shards.
I looked into ED at first since I generally like to go on RP servers since most people seem more friendly there. But constantly seeing people respond to threads saying things like "If you don't plan to RP stay the eff off our server, we don't want you!" I decided to roll on tich. instead and have been relatively happy so far.

I understand that it may just be a vocal few from ED that are making the posts, but after seeing so many it just left a sour taste in my mouth about that realm.
09/13/2016 01:14 PMPosted by Bonebeast
I looked into ED at first since I generally like to go on RP servers since most people seem more friendly there. But constantly seeing people respond to threads saying things like "If you don't plan to RP stay the eff off our server, we don't want you!" I decided to roll on tich. instead and have been relatively happy so far.

I understand that it may just be a vocal few from ED that are making the posts, but after seeing so many it just left a sour taste in my mouth about that realm.

Yeah I kind of read into ED as well. It looks like it has a really weird market, and you can sell strange items that are almost useless on other servers (because they'll buy it for RP purposes).
From what I've read, they're not as extreme with RPing as Moon Guard (which has Erotic RPing). But they don't like people ruining their immersion. Which I understand completely.
I'm just looking for a good, general, WoW experience.
I read somewhere, that almost all zones are CRZ.
Things that aren't CRZ:
AH
Tol barad zone.
Wintergrasp zone.

So basically... Pick a server with a good economy, and I can WPvP with anyone, in any zone, except Tol Barad and WinterGrasp.
09/13/2016 02:46 PMPosted by Clobbertime
I read somewhere, that almost all zones are CRZ.
Things that aren't CRZ:
AH
Tol barad zone.
Wintergrasp zone.

So basically... Pick a server with a good economy, and I can WPvP with anyone, in any zone, except Tol Barad and WinterGrasp.

Current expansion zones are not intended to be CRZ either, but there were some bugs with it earlier and now I am not entirely sure what's going on.
e: It seems that it is here to stay now. blue posts called it a bug, ion says its intentional in a q&a

Stormwind and Orgrimmar no longer appear to be CRZ in RP realms specifically, but are meant to be CRZ in all other realm types. *This also seems to extend to Elywnn Forest and Durotar, or at least to their main towns