As Great As Language Barriers Are...

General Discussion
I never experienced this problem in random bgs or DF. You'll win and lose some bgs, just learn to deal with.

And also, something tells me you're not as good as you claim to be. You're getting worked about over LFR and even made a thread to remove afk players and them "dying to fire at the boss fight". That's not right...

Getting riled up over RF is embarrassing. I pity you, I truly do. That is trivial content and not meant to be taken seriously, like AT ALL.
You again?
How many times you created a thread about brazilians? Every single one of them got deleted. You didn't get the message yet? Are you waiting to win a vacation from the forums?
09/06/2016 05:05 AMPosted by Waldazaron
Also, why are you hiding behind a level one alt?

Every month he creates a thread about this, and never posts again once it gets flamed.
It's clear what his intention is.
09/06/2016 03:45 PMPosted by Curtregory
Probably a troll post, but I'll respond regardless.

Oh the irony...
There's already a system in place that's most likely to pair you with people on your realm than any other.
09/06/2016 03:34 PMPosted by Maljinwo
Pro tip: learn more languages

It actually works!

Danke arigato señor robot!

Right?
09/06/2016 11:41 PMPosted by Syrelth
You again?
How many times you created a thread about brazilians? Every single one of them got deleted. You didn't get the message yet? Are you waiting to win a vacation from the forums?

Every month he creates a thread about this, and never posts again once it gets flamed.
It's clear what his intention is.
09/06/2016 03:45 PMPosted by Curtregory
Probably a troll post, but I'll respond regardless.

Oh the irony...

They get deleted because other posters turn it into a race war. Go check the OP. You'll see several folks agreeing with me. I'm not the only one posting about this. You can try to vilify me all you wish, but the truth is still the truth.
09/06/2016 11:43 PMPosted by Ðemian
There's already a system in place that's most likely to pair you with people on your realm than any other.

That's not what we're asking for at all. We are asking for a clear-cut system to either A: Allow us to OPT-IN to play with only English speaking players, or B: Implement a basic translation system (Such as that seen on FF mmos) to work with these other players.

Please read the post before replying.
09/06/2016 11:34 PMPosted by Waldazaron
I never experienced this problem in random bgs or DF. You'll win and lose some bgs, just learn to deal with.

And also, something tells me you're not as good as you claim to be. You're getting worked about over LFR and even made a thread to remove afk players and them "dying to fire at the boss fight". That's not right...

Getting riled up over RF is embarrassing. I pity you, I truly do. That is trivial content and not meant to be taken seriously, like AT ALL.

Random BGs are trivial content to those that are hardxcore players, sure. I'll give you that much.

But that's not the primary core of the WoW Playerbase. Most players are like myself, somewhat casual. We want the content we paid for to work. It does not work when we cannot COMMUNICATE with the players on our own team. Simple as that. None of your trolling will change the fact that there is a legitimate issue here.

Misquoting my other threads is another poor trolling attempt. My other thread about Intentional AFKing and Leeching is a legitimate issue that has been posted on and upvoted several times as well. Not making problems up here.

Use your brain. What advantage does it give me to type out long elaborate descriptions with examples of issues that are coming up in gameplay if they don't actually happen? I provide you with alternatives to simple "PUT UP A WALL" tactics and you still troll? How much sense does that make?

Also I just noticed that Waldazaron is one of those guys that complains about using a level 1 character to post. I quoted his attempt at trolling that got heavily downvoted on Page 1 of this thread. Likely he wants to find something on the Armory to derail the thread. Get a life, pal.
Just remember to take your meds to control your OCD

09/06/2016 03:33 PMPosted by Shado
Gallywix, Quel'thalas, Nemesis, Drakkari, Ragnaros, Azralon, Goldrinn and Tol Barad. These are the servers I keep an eye out for for both dungeons and PvP. Yes, I know lumped all of South America together there but that's not the point of this.

I think the problem is much worse in low level dungeons and PvP queues, because you see what a lot of people complain about and it's so much more prevalent there that it almost puts me on the region lock boat brigade. At the same time, I've seen people from those servers that were decent or pleasant to play with. Problem lies in the fact that bad experiences stick out more and running into a string of them just reinforces very negative stereotypes.

Too funny...I swear 90 percent of the time I get grouped with Ragnaros or Azralon the players are horrible....No offense to the good players on them realms but it's what I noticed especially in random dungeons...Recently had a Halls of Valor run with a whole group from Ragnaros , it was a nightmare to heal to say the least...Was so bad I literally had to drop group and run another, next group was alot better.
09/06/2016 03:21 PMPosted by Tabriel
There were talks about this back during wrath when LFD first came into play, we (spanish speaking servers) where alone in the queue, but we had 2-3 hours qeues so it was decided that it really wasnt an option .

Besides it really works both ways in latinamerican (and in sure in br servers too) there are a lot of people who would prefer to play with people that speaks our languaje, (really if you think what you went through is unconfortable, imagine that 9 out of 10 dungs you ran they where with people you just cant understand ) Anyways I would be in favor for and opt-in option that we could check to play with the rest of the comunity. BUT it really isnt an option cause then everyone will just click the checkbox for "fast queue" and just ignore people XD

The truth is that is not an easy to solve problem , but for what i can tell you, if br, or la for that mathers, get separated from the comunity , we will just disperse into the rest of the servers as we were before our servers

Thank you for the perspective from the other side. I'd never much considered this, just thought about the frustrations other monolingual English-speaking friends have expressed (I'm bilingual in Spanish, and I'm comfortable acting as a translator).
Make a premade group if losing to a random team on a random BG bothers you so much. You're not entitled to 100% wins just because you pay a subscription. That is what you accepted when you clicked on the casual tab to enter random BGs. They're just that, casual content.
09/06/2016 02:12 PMPosted by Boltskill
BG's are about communication

Are you new to random BGs?

Serious question: Do you feel like your faction losses all the time?

Because I might have found the problem.

Polite, concise communication often wins randoms if you don't have a ludicrous DPS or healer disparity. IE: EFC ramp with 2 DPS.
Personally I don't really care what language someone does/doesn't speak, if they are making it impossible to complete something and are unresponsive to feedback, I will try to kick them, and if that fails, then I will leave. This is all PuG content that I do, though.

Often times someone from a Brazilian server is able to speak and understand English, and the reason they are doing something that is messing up the group has nothing to do with a language barrier. As an anecdotal example, had an unholy DK trying to tank the other day, was from one of those servers, kept ignoring us even while causing us to wipe (could not hold aggro for anything), but then started speaking English to the healer when wanting resurrections.

The game interface spells things out very clearly in whatever language you choose, what the mechanics are, what role your spec is meant to play, etc. Problematic behaviors have nothing to do with language barrier problems; the problem is being a dbag, and they come from all corners of the world. It's not like I'm going to tolerate someone who is willfully getting my group wiped just because they speak English as a first language, so neither am I going to blame dbag behavior on a language barrier when the person has a different first language. Has nothing to do with that.
A few things i want you to note my friend, and do note my realm as it pertains to my tone here.

1 - In Americas we have Portugese/English/Spanish.
In Europe they have...how many?

Why is this issue in Americas and not Europe? Sure French / German / Spanish speak a lot of english, Italian/Poles/Russian/Eastern Europe/Balkans, they are not forced fluent.

2 - If we split the realms based on languages . . . English people would see little change.
Splitting Portuguese and Spanish into their own realms would completely ruin their LFG/LFR/PVP Experience.

Do you truly wish to ask for everyone who doesn't speak english in americas to no longer have good queue's? Only able to play at peak hours to have bg's pop?
There's really nothing Blizzard can do about this on their side. If they isolate LatAm servers, the players will just spill back over to the NA ones and spread the language issues back there.

Personally, I don't mind a solely spanish speaker in a group if they know what they're doing. I'll initiate a groupkick if they do not because there's not much you can really do to explain to them without being fluent in the language (and i'm not keen on learning a language I have no interest in to do random dungeons in a game where people that solely speak it with no english knowledge are in all likelihood, less than a fraction of the playerbase.)
09/07/2016 07:01 PMPosted by Waldazaron
Make a premade group if losing to a random team on a random BG bothers you so much. You're not entitled to 100% wins just because you pay a subscription. That is what you accepted when you clicked on the casual tab to enter random BGs. They're just that, casual content.

Nice straw man you put up there. Troll more.
09/07/2016 07:15 PMPosted by Elmihael
2 - If we split the realms based on languages . . . English people would see little change.
Splitting Portuguese and Spanish into their own realms would completely ruin their LFG/LFR/PVP Experience.

That sounds like a you problem. We tried to work with you guys and it clearly is not working as evidenced by the several threads on this issue here and on mmo-champ.

Now, if you were actually paying attention, I offered a secondary solution which was an In-Game Translator. But of course it's easier to freak out and scream racist.
09/07/2016 07:27 PMPosted by Lobotomy
There's really nothing Blizzard can do about this on their side.

Wrong. There are plenty of things that can be done. I'll restate two of those posted before.

A. Include an OPT-IN language-based queue. Not required, not enabled by default. Most will acknowledge that this will result in longer queues are not use it, but those that have ran into multiple...problems with the stated realms will have a solution.

B. Implement a rudimentary translator to chat when grouped with different language realms.