Withered Army Scenario - Healing bugged?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Healing your army in the Withered Army scenario causes them to take damage equal to your heal (nullifying the heal). Is this an intended nerf so healers have to go DPS to do the scenario? Or is it a bug?

Tried doing it on a disc priest; couldn't heal them of course, and shadowmend in combat was actually killing them (The heal was nullified but the shadowmend debuff continued to tick).

Just to reiterate what's happening:

Say a Withered is on 10% HP, and I heal them for 200k, they then take 200k damage over about 2 seconds to bring them back to their original HP; making the heal completely void. This is occuring in and out of combat.
You are not supposed to be able to heal them from what I understand.
yeah why would they allow you to heal them? that would be incredibly broken.

1. berserkers would be crazy b/c of taunt
2. healing would be the easiest way to do the scenario.
09/10/2016 07:24 AMPosted by Baddeh
why would they allow you to heal them? that would be incredibly broken

Because the only way for healers to kill things inside the scenario is with the withered, whereas DPS can burst everything.

Also, they were able to heal them just last week, so this is either a nerf or a bug that needs addressing.

berserkers would be crazy b/c of taunt

Why on earth would you want the berserker to tank for you anyway? Half the time he tanks the mobs in with the other withered and blows them up with Aoe.
09/10/2016 07:28 AMPosted by Female
Why on earth would you want the berserker to tank for you anyway? Half the time he tanks the mobs in with the other withered and blows them up with Aoe.

because we're talking about if you could actually heal the mobs...? if you could heal the mobs, then it would be completely irrelevant how much damage your withered take. as long as they aren't being one-shot, they're fine.

Also, they were able to heal them just last week, so this is either a nerf or a bug that needs addressing.

I'm pretty sure this was never a thing. I don't even remember it happening on beta.
why would they allow you to heal them? that would be incredibly broken

Because the only way for healers to kill things inside the scenario is with the withered, whereas DPS can burst everything.

Except the consensus is that holy/disc both have an easier time with the scenario than shadow. Not sure on other classes.
yeah why would they allow you to heal them? that would be incredibly broken.

1. berserkers would be crazy b/c of taunt
2. healing would be the easiest way to do the scenario.

Because it is much harder for healers to do the scenario because our DPS is so low and we can;t get aggro because we are not tanks. It seems unfair to penalize healers for simply executing our class role.
09/10/2016 02:18 PMPosted by Aliquot
Because it is much harder for healers to do the scenario because our DPS is so low and we can;t get aggro because we are not tanks. It seems unfair to penalize healers for simply executing our class role.

Most of your dps comes from your withered not from you. All you have to do is pull intelligently and keep aggro off of your withered which you should be able to do fairly easily even as healer spec, the withered will do the rest.

If they were able to be healed, anyone not playing a healing class would be at a huge disadvantage.
09/10/2016 09:53 AMPosted by Baddeh
because we're talking about if you could actually heal the mobs...?

So you're saying that if you could heal the withered, your strat would be to have them free for all the aoe damage by having the berserker stand in with the general populace? That doesn't make sense, there are one-shot mechanics for the withered. Best case scenario is that the berserker doesn't tank for you, that's why tanks do the best in the scenario. This also contributes to how DPS specs excel because even if it /does/ tank, you can nuke things quickly enough.

09/10/2016 10:30 AMPosted by Pyri
Except the consensus is that holy/disc both have an easier time with the scenario than shadow. Not sure on other classes.

Perhaps at low ilvls on bosses, but no, the consensus is the opposite.

09/10/2016 04:46 PMPosted by Woahno
keep aggro off of your withered which you should be able to do fairly easily even as healer spec

See above Berserker issue.

09/10/2016 04:46 PMPosted by Woahno
anyone not playing a healing class would be at a huge disadvantage

No, it would be more balanced.
Enraging them for +75% damage also ticks away at their health. You need to enrage them as a healer to do any sort of damage, yet you can't heal them. The damage would balance out if we were able to heal them and maintain the buff for longer.

A simple fix would be not allowing AoE heals to work, but allowing single target heals to work.
09/10/2016 07:02 PMPosted by Female
Enraging them for +75% damage also ticks away at their health.

? where are you getting this information?
I can't see how a healer would have an easier time with anything, much less bosses I'm there.

Dro hits like a bloody truck and I'm a tank.
If healers could heal withered it would be almost as ridiculous as the advantage tank specs have in the scenario! Only almost though.
09/10/2016 07:02 PMPosted by Female
Enraging them for +75% damage also ticks away at their health.

No, it does not. I've had them in FFA mode for minutes at a time with no ill effects.
This scenario is clearly easiest for the tanks and pet specs that have taunt.

DPS or Healers have it equally bad, though in different ways - DPS classes can and do get owned by the bosses frequently (Dro, for example), whereas healers can tank them a lot better. Since the bulk of the damage comes from your withered, the only important thing is keeping them alive - a task that can be accomplished by DPS OR healers equally well.

DPS have a slight advantage due to lower cooldowns on interrupts and stuns, but with a decently sized withered army, that doesn't matter in practice - 20-25 withered burn down volatile wraiths in seconds, so one interrupt per wraith is all you need.
This thing is extremely unfair for anyone that's not a tank or melee dps. Casters can't just stay there and take it or they die; healers can't even heal the damn minions. WTF?

It is especially impossible as Spriest or Mage (any spec).
Go disc and become God.

So what you do is set a focus target withered. Then keep power shield on him on cd. He never dies and you can go as far as you like with only spending 400 mana to do it.

Takes about do minutes and you get 400 rep.
Yall should know if you only have one or maybe even a couple you can heal them least I could but I know if you have more than that you can't I was taken down to 1 withered but kept him alive because I was able to heal him.
I thinks its a mechanic to help limit how many chests you can get
Unless it's a bug I've had withered go from 32% to full health after about 10 minutes into it. Idk if it's a default heal after they survive for a maximum of time or not but they have healed a couple times while on my rogue.
That's how I found this thread was curious if anyone new.
Kay
So no blue post yet ?