Permanently Stuck in Combat

Bug Report
My character is permanently stuck in combat. I tried restarting wow, hearth stone, killing my character multiple times. Nothing will release him from combat. Can't mount or use flight paths.
did you try killing something else? That sometimes clears the combat flag.
i had the same exact problem after having to hearth 4-5 times i figured what it was at least for me was the stupid bodyguard after i unassigned him it stopped happening to me
I'm having this same problem. I don't have a bodyguard. Hearthing doesnt fix it, restarting doesnt fix it.
I finally cleared it by logging into another character, then going back to my main character. Not sure if that actually caused combat to clear or enough time passed that it just finally dropped, or something else entirely. If someone else gets stuck with this issue it's worth a try.
Necro.

Had this problem too. Wish Blizz would bring back live tickets.

09/04/2016 12:18 PMPosted by Kiaga
I finally cleared it by logging into another character, then going back to my main character. Not sure if that actually caused combat to clear or enough time passed that it just finally dropped, or something else entirely. If someone else gets stuck with this issue it's worth a try.

this worked for me! Thanks
Had the same problem, logging onto another guy then logging back fixed it for me as well!
This is still happening, how they have yet to fix it is beyond me.
Just started happening to me today, might be since I looted Xavaric's legendary neck (that procs the bubble and was a dps drop, I might add).

We need a leave combat command if you haven't been hit in x amount of time and there's no enemies near you.
My character wasn't stuck in combat because I could still mount, but no mount showed up and I couldn't use the flightmaster. I tried the switching characters thing and it fixed it, yay.
On my hunter. Stuck in combat 3 times. I tried to fix it like last time with hearth but nope. So I cant play. Forever stuck in combat, no fixes are working for me at all.
Wish someone that mattered cared about this ubiquitous bug. Instead of all of us that can't do anything about it.
I saw in another thread that some people used their Garrison Hearthstone to fix this problem.
10/19/2016 10:38 AMPosted by Dreadblade
This is still happening, how they have yet to fix it is beyond me.

Are you new here? This game has 12 year old bugs that the Devs are just too lazy to fix.
As of 04/22/2017, this is STILL an issue. I was leveling my DK through WoD stuff to get her to 98, out in Gorgrond. Happened twice, had to hearth both times to clear the flag, first to my garrison, second time was my main hearth. Had used my zone perk to clear something near a mob, then killed the mob. Stuck in combat even past dealing with the zone quest (clearing Hydras and their eggs.) as well as the local mini boss for the quest drop from them. Still nothing. Can't Heal. Can't mount up. Have no companions that could be triggering it, killed everything within reasonable range. Finally logged out, closed the game down. Hopefully that'll fix it...
This is the most frustrating bug.
Still happening as of 5/26. character swapping cleared combat for me.
I am having this same issue at the moment also
Happened to me today. I relogged and that fixed it.
I got put into combat the instant I looted a Wyrmtongue Chest. Nothing was around, nothing attacked me, no NPCs anywhere near fighting. I swam a quarter of the way around the island, killed some random fish, nothing worked. Logged out and pulled up another toon, then relogged the stuck toon and it cleared.

Again, looting the chest put me in combat. And don't tell me that can't happen because it absolutely did.