Candraels charm drop rate? V2

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 3 4 5 25 Next
09/09/2016 03:25 PMPosted by Browniebite
At this point, I'm feeling confident it's not bugged. We just haven't discovered what we need to do. I'm all for a DH Skin discord channel. I mean some smart guys figured out how to spawn Kosumoth and get the hidden mount. I don't think the hidden skins are meant to be that bad.

I would be all for that honestly
09/09/2016 02:45 PMPosted by Narixx
I am unsure if this was covered in pages 2-20 on the first topic, but from what I've read I feel like the wrong approach is being taken. Someone touched on this notion in around page 21 or 22 of the last topic.

I personally believe we need to start thinking along the lines of "If I were a Dev and I was creating a hidden quest line for Havoc Demon Hunter's to get new Glaive skins, where would I start this?"

Right now we're working with information that we "shouldn't have" for lack of a better term. We're trying to solve the puzzle backwards.

I dunno, just my 2 cents for what they're worth. I'm about to go spelunking all over Suramar to try find what I think I'm looking for.

Sorry if this has already been tried, tested and confirmed incorrect.

This was me, and personally, I think this is the correct approach. Think like a game dev. Part of the puzzle they designed is figuring out who C.T. is, they didn't design this quest chain thinking you would find C.T. randomly and just go hunting for a jewel. The dev would have designed this so you would find the jewel, THEN go looking for C.T.
Random I know, but I was thinking about the name "Candrael's Charm" and when you take the letters of each word you can make "Calendar March"

Probably nothing but but still.
09/09/2016 01:41 PMPosted by Bryiari
09/09/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Desak

yea i feel you but at the same time he has the hidden achievement which is suppose to drop after you kill downfall and i know they stopped the bug prepatch of you killing him without the charm

Don't get hung up on it too much, it was fixed in beta but it might have made to too live. For all we know he could have convinced a GM to give it to him, him not "remembering" means you can't take anything he did as fact it's all hear say at this point.

The facts we know is that on the beta it dropped from almost everything in Suramar. Since it went live GM tickets have said it is in the game and working but that it's dropping that much was just for the beta. Here's a better question to ask...Why would they up change the drop rate from beta to live? If it only dropped from "_____" mob why change it in the beta? There are many hidden skins that haven't been figured out yet, so why change where this one comes from? This leads to the idea that it's just a STUPID low drop, but with so many DH's you would think others would have gotten it also. More questions then answers it seems.

The thing is we've alrdy had it said that the drop has changed, now, could the GM be wrong? yes, but considering how much farming has taken place overall between the ppl posting here and other players and no one getting it, I think its safe to say SOMEONE, at least one person, would be able to confirm it dropped for them by now if it was simply farming. As far as why it would be changed from beta to live, simply because in beta they needed ppl to test the item and to test killing downfall to get the drop and they figure the way they set it up in beta was easiest. Below is the link to a GM more or less telling us it isn't the same as it was in beta.

http://imgur.com/a/uyRce
09/09/2016 03:55 PMPosted by Tohlri

This was me, and personally, I think this is the correct approach. Think like a game dev. Part of the puzzle they designed is figuring out who C.T. is, they didn't design this quest chain thinking you would find C.T. randomly and just go hunting for a jewel. The dev would have designed this so you would find the jewel, THEN go looking for C.T.

you don't get it, it IS NOT a quest at all. It doesn't start any quest or tell you to go to her, it's old school vanilla classic wow style. If you have it in your bag there is a dialog option that wasn't there before you had it. Nothing in the beta gave people a reason to go up there unless they were told/read where to go or were doing Bran's quest and saw her standing there. I only went there on a whim and figured it out when I was on the beta.
09/09/2016 03:43 PMPosted by Iradina
09/09/2016 03:25 PMPosted by Browniebite
At this point, I'm feeling confident it's not bugged. We just haven't discovered what we need to do. I'm all for a DH Skin discord channel. I mean some smart guys figured out how to spawn Kosumoth and get the hidden mount. I don't think the hidden skins are meant to be that bad.

I would be all for that honestly

Made one if you guys want to use it: https://discord.gg/DFbvBJN
So doing an Anagram of Candrael Twinshadow here are the solutions:
1. A Canals Winded Throw
2. A Withdrawal Cons Den (Withered thief related.)
09/09/2016 12:25 PMPosted by Tohlri
09/09/2016 12:07 PMPosted by Gingerfel

But it STARTS in Legion content. That is what everyone is getting at. The starting point of all of these have been from somewhere in the new content.

I'll be here, waiting on a source for this theory. I don't get how people keep making claims like this, when we haven't found anything. No blue post has said these all start in legion content. Hell if you go back and watch the dev interview that wowhead did about demon hunters, during the PREPATCH, they said some of the hidden cosmetics may be available now and to use your demon sight everywhere.

There is not one hidden skin that has been found that starts its quest/search in old world content. You are first put on the trail from Legion content.

Death Knight

Blood - Withered Training scenario (Suramar)

Demon Hunter

Vengeance - Tier 2 Order hall trait boss

Druid

Balance - Dreamweaver Quartermaster Exalted

Guardian - Ursoc in Emerald Nightmare Raid

Resto - Order Hall Rich Soil

Mage

Fire - Suramar drops reportedly

Frost - Tier 2 order hall

Monk

Brewmaster - Tier 2 order hall

Mistweaver - Reportedly Emerald Nightmare Raid

Windwalker - Reportedly Withered Training Scenario

Pally

Holy - Demons drop in Aszuna

Prot - Withered Training Scenario

Priest

Disc - Starts from Archivist in the Order Hall

Holy - Valarjar Exalted

Shadow - Reportedly Emerald Nightmare

Rogue

Assassination - Rares in Dalaran Sewers

Outlaw - 1 Binding reportedly found in a cave in Aszuna

Sub - Tier 2 Order Hall

Shaman

Elemental - Reportedly from Rare Rat in Dalaran Sewers

Enhancement - World Boss in Aszuna

Resto - Eye of Azshara

Warlock

Affliction - Drop in Aszuna

Destruction - Tier 2 Order Hall

All of these that have reportedly been found start from Legion content. It doesn't make sense to me from a game Dev point of view to make people go back and play old content instead of all the freshly created content they just worked their asses off on. It very well may take us to BT, or SMV, but from all of the evidence above, all hidden skins have a base in the Broken Isles.
Do you think the npc in suramar that is a theif/con that you give ancient mana to might have anything to do with this?
....If it only dropped from "_____" mob why change it in the beta? There are many hidden skins that haven't been figured out yet, so why change where this one comes from? This leads to the idea that it's just a STUPID low drop, but with so many DH's you would think others would have gotten it also. More questions then answers it seems.

Problem with this line of thinking is we've alrdy had it said that the drop has changed, now, could the GM be wrong? yes, but considering how much farming has taken place overall between the ppl posting here and other players and no one getting it, I think its safe to say SOMEONE, at least one person, would be able to confirm it dropped for them by now if it was simply farming. As far as why it would be changed from beta to live, simply because in beta they needed ppl to test the item and to test killing downfall to get the drop and they figure the way they set it up in beta was easiest.

http://imgur.com/a/uyRce

First I already talked about the low drop chance that someone would have found it by now..

Second the GM never said they changed the drop rate at all, the only thing said in that ticket is that players may be missing a pre requisite to get it. To quote something they said..."I think part of the confusion is that players think its earned the same way it is in testing. That being said beta versions of the game often have easier to obtain to test the mechanic of the item to see if its working properly."

This is called using a lot of words and saying nothing. Does the GM mean artifact skins were easy to get on the beta and different on life? Well that statement would be a lie because almost all the hidden skins that were found in beta are the same so far on live, Demon hunters seems different. If they wanted to just test it then why have SOOO many hidden skins not be found yet? Because they still wanted players to try to figure it out on the beta, if they only wanted to test mechanics everyone would have seen them on the beta.

The only real hint I see is the "Pre Requisite" part, as it is something most people never thought of before. If you want to think like a Dev in how they wanted players to find it think of this. In the beta it dropped off everything in suramar rather quickly, why? On the beta I had never finished the order hall story and only just got honored with night fallen yet I found the hidden skin. Why would it be made easy for testing and then made harder on beta when it wasn't like that for other classes? The only reason I can figure is it required something the dev's thought that the average testers in the beta wouldn't do/complete.
For those of you that obtained the hidden artifact skin on beta, how many other skins had you unlocked before? I'm just wondering if we have to unlock a certain amount as a prereq i.e. 1 from each tier. In the meantime, I'm spectral sighting my buns off as I look for clues.
So I did a little searching. Up next to Candrael, the arch npc "highfall" looks through a telescope. I flew to where she was looking and there's a grave. Not sure if this means anything
09/09/2016 05:52 PMPosted by Jaeyel
So I did a little searching. Up next to Candrael, the arch npc "highfall" looks through a telescope. I flew to where she was looking and there's a grave. Not sure if this means anything
do you mean the grave with the night elf under the rare spawn? I checked it out and nothing went as a ghost there where crystals floating around the body but didn't find anything
Reading all the posts about people talking to GMs. If they know how to get the item, why haven't the GMs done it themselves on their live accounts, if the item is obtainable at the moment without some sort of time gated prerequisite.
Like I stated in the first post of this topic this reminds me so much like destiny. I mean look at the world boss and the mount now you had to touch certain things and find orbs. With the mount you have to touch these those within 8 hours of each other while making sure you don't die. I'm sure it's not that complicated but I feel like it might be on a certain timer or you have a certain buff or something to get before it drops for you
I don't know if it will help but has anyone noticed the doom guards in high mountain? One is in Thunder totem who's disguised as a tauren and another is on an overlook with some gnomes. I mean the are disguised and you really cant do anything with them except talk to them.
If it's anything like the other demons, use Spectral Sight and talk to them, you can call them out and they'll attack you. I don't believe it's part of the skin though, but it could be if we find all the hidden demons.
09/09/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Tríckster
Reading all the posts about people talking to GMs. If they know how to get the item, why haven't the GMs done it themselves on their live accounts, if the item is obtainable at the moment without some sort of time gated prerequisite.

Good question, though I've always heard the GM's don't know a whole lot more then players usually so maybe they don't know either?
Could it have anything to do with vengeance spec has any tanks tried to farm the item or maybe see if they get some different dialogue from anyone around suramar
I used a glider off the top of high mountain and fought downfall and it glitched him in a weird spot where he was literally right off the ground by one of the fel caves He died and didn't drop anything but I really was just searching for something different in the air maybe a hidden spot somewhere