Frost artifact, why is it so bad?

Death Knight
Has anyone else noticed that while unholy takes 15 points to get to second gold trait, and blood takes 16, frost takes a whopping 20??
And on our way to get our 3rd gold traits we have 3 meaningless dmg reduc/mitigate oriented traits consisting in 10% armor, a debuff removing AMS and increased healing from death strike WHILE icebound is active, While unholy gets 2 very good ones, in the form of 15% less aoe dmg and increased effectiveness for AMS AND IBF by 9%. That means that while frost gets 3 !@#$ resilience oriented traits UH gets 2 very good ones + a dmg/utility buff... With significantly less ap spent just to add insult to injury.
Also crystalline blades... Nuff said

I also feel cheated when comparing our runeforge traits.

How did this go through?
Has no one else noticed?

I should also add that while it takes 23 points for UH and blood to get their third gold trait, it takes frost 27, what a joke.
Because blizzard doesn't give a flying !@#$ about Frost DK's
Not only are our artifact traits are some of the worst, but it takes close to double the other's ap to get'em. It's just so depressing...
I guess from the lack of response that everybody knew or that people think it's fine which would be beyond me.
It's a wonder that Arthas defeated Illidan twice with such a !@#$ weapon.
Yea ive noticed that. Frost has quite a few !@#$ty talents that you gotta go through to get a few good ones. the ams one is not needed, nor is the armor, and so is the deathstrike one. now, as for truly %^-* talents, whats the purpose of extending frost strikes range? maybe its because ive not been around since cataclysm, but i cant fathom its use.
09/26/2016 06:13 PMPosted by Razashi
Yea ive noticed that. Frost has quite a few !@#$ty talents that you gotta go through to get a few good ones. the ams one is not needed, nor is the armor, and so is the deathstrike one. now, as for truly %^-* talents, whats the purpose of extending frost strikes range? maybe its because ive not been around since cataclysm, but i cant fathom its use.

Those are all pvp related. Ranged frost strike is a must have for FDK's to kite while still doing dmg (Since we need to kite now to survive). AMS is now much better since it can act like the old desecrated ground in removing roots, magic slows, etc. And the IBF death strike is also a must have since it's a huge heal (our only real heal).
09/26/2016 05:33 AMPosted by Alexizonfire
I guess from the lack of response that everybody knew or that people think it's fine which would be beyond me.

we've been saying from week 1 that the artifact is absolute garbage. lol
09/26/2016 06:20 PMPosted by Kaelstryder
Ranged frost strike is a must have for FDK's to kite while still doing dmg (Since we need to kite now to survive). AMS is now much better since it can act like the old desecrated ground in removing roots, magic slows, etc. And the IBF death strike is also a must have since it's a huge heal (our only real heal).

While I definitely am enjoying PVP with these Artifact Traits, two of them have treated me very well in PVE dungeons;
- ranged Frost Strike is a huge DPS gain on high-movement fights
- IBF Death Strike = great way to pick up a pull gone bad with a dead tank - and survive while they decide whether or not to accept my Bres.
I hate the entire thing.

Worst art wep design in the game.

Wanted frostmourne and a better artifact ability not some passive crap....
09/26/2016 04:11 PMPosted by Alexizonfire
It's a wonder that Arthas defeated Illidan twice with such a !@#$ weapon.

That made me laugh. It's probably why he became a DK..he needed the immortality to do the AP needed to level his weapon.
09/26/2016 07:44 PMPosted by Valrún
09/26/2016 06:20 PMPosted by Kaelstryder
Ranged frost strike is a must have for FDK's to kite while still doing dmg (Since we need to kite now to survive). AMS is now much better since it can act like the old desecrated ground in removing roots, magic slows, etc. And the IBF death strike is also a must have since it's a huge heal (our only real heal).

While I definitely am enjoying PVP with these Artifact Traits, two of them have treated me very well in PVE dungeons;
- ranged Frost Strike is a huge DPS gain on high-movement fights
- IBF Death Strike = great way to pick up a pull gone bad with a dead tank - and survive while they decide whether or not to accept my Bres.

Until you realize you could have been Unholy and had the boss dead before having to do any of that.