Affliction dps cannot run mythic plus.

Warlock
I can't believe it's still damn hard to balance class at this time. Can you tell me why every melee dps at the same ilvl doing like 100 k dps + then all affliction lock in single dps ? After all this years and new contain and update . Why is this so hard to balance class ? I hope they will fix this problem very soon because it's painful to play and being lower in dps then every one .Plus , it's almost impossible to run dungeon mythic plus lvl 2 . Our dps fail too much that's not gonna happen . Please fix this soon before we're giving it up.
I am currently switching to destro considering I cant play affliction anymore, my guild is starting Heroic emerald nightmare next tuesday and Affliction wont make the cut.
Plus I forgot to mention that Code of Xerrath looks great on Destruction WArlock + FEL imp + WArlock mount plus Dimensional Rift works great no more reap of souls for me.
09/21/2016 02:16 PMPosted by Drajilrough
I am currently switching to destro considering I cant play affliction anymore, my guild is starting Heroic emerald nightmare next tuesday and Affliction wont make the cut.

Demo warlock lover here. I felt the same way, and I did switch to destro for a bit. I love their artifact weapon ability so much, I think it's cool how they have that idea of literally ripping a hole in time and space to bring destruction into the world. But honestly the more I played it, and the more I got queued up with fire mages in dungeons, the less I liked it. It's super RNG based (mastery, artifact weapon active can be kinda rng, etc) and It's just a constant rotation of a whopping 3-4 spells stacking your soul shards and then spamming chaos bolt and then back to square one. Their cleave is alright if you can really utilize havoc, but the masteries that make it easier/better are very replacable and just the positioning of masteries I think is bad for destro.

Tldr: If you have the time, patience, and dedication and you want a destro warlock, just reroll to a fire mage.
I'm sticking to affliction. I like it for pvp and it's a challenge to manage in pve. Unless they bring back my favorite dark pact shadow bolt spec, I can't see playing destro. Might as well be a fire mage and be better. Been making all mastery gear because it's so much better than other stats. It's a joke really, but if they buff me I'll take it.

I've got an 854 holy pally to fall back on I guess, lol.....
Ive cleared heroic as affliction and also run +7 mythic dungeons no problem what do ever. . They both have specific specs to do well at each. Affliction has treated me well so far. .mythic + it's not hard to top damage and heroic en is great for aff aswell.. fights like ursoc it's not hard for me to pull 250k + at my current gear lv and dragons or heart it's very easy to sustain over 300k dps I think aff is still the best spec for my play style and very viable. . It's just the more difficult spec to master.
At start i didn't like Rip of Souls artefact ability, but now i really like it, its like feeding off the souls of your enemies and use its power to kill more enemies, if you time it well and you refresh your dots with the buff up it makes a really big difference in your damage. some people just use the buff to dump the shards with UA, but if you also refresh dots it makes a difference. Would be nice for dots applied to get the buff but it doesn't happen, so when you are buffed you have to refresh dots, they go from ticking for 41k to almost 50k, and they stay buffed even if you loose the buff..... We will get our buffs some day, i love the spec im sticking with it.
09/21/2016 02:04 PMPosted by Ðmg
I can't believe it's still damn hard to balance class at this time. Can you tell me why every melee dps at the same ilvl doing like 100 k dps + then all affliction lock in single dps ? After all this years and new contain and update . Why is this so hard to balance class ? I hope they will fix this problem very soon because it's painful to play and being lower in dps then every one .Plus , it's almost impossible to run dungeon mythic plus lvl 2 . Our dps fail too much that's not gonna happen . Please fix this soon before we're giving it up.

Ha.
Im running 9s.
10/20/2016 05:56 AMPosted by Angor
Ive cleared heroic as affliction and also run +7 mythic dungeons no problem what do ever. . They both have specific specs to do well at each. Affliction has treated me well so far. .mythic + it's not hard to top damage and heroic en is great for aff aswell.. fights like ursoc it's not hard for me to pull 250k + at my current gear lv and dragons or heart it's very easy to sustain over 300k dps I think aff is still the best spec for my play style and very viable. . It's just the more difficult spec to master.

Logs please for ST. Using siphon SE and grim supremacy, you still sim only around 260k. And thats with zero errors on a patchwerk fight, no movement.

My gear setup with the same talents actually sims higher than yours, and I'm 6 ilvl lower.

I'm getting really tired of affliction warlocks coming on here and thinking 250k is a good number, and then claiming they achieve that on straight ST fights even when an optimized rotation sim says otherwise.

You're doubling down on keeping our spec in the gutter; you're inflating your own numbers, and then you're insisting your inflated numbers are somehow adequate in comparison to provably superior dps of other class/specs.
It's definitely do-able up to 7-8, depending on which one you end up with. I've done 7s+ with time to spare with a Frost DK. Honestly, I would say your tank and healer is a bigger bottle neck than your DPS. If you can chain pull large chunks of mobs Affliction is pretty decent.

Not to say you wouldn't be better off being literally any other class but you can make it work.
Having to spec hard AOE or single target as affliction is really awful. Sure if the tank can pull big packs, I can get decent numbers (other classes still outperforming me btw on AOE as well), then it gets to the boss fight and since im specced AOE, my DPS is atrocious. Feels pretty crappy when at 867 ilvl I get mistaken for the carried DPS rather than the DPS who supposed to be carrying..... blizz has mentioned that all locks do is QQ and not provide feedback, well here is what I would like to see.

1. Dont make us choose between AOE and single target, perhaps make siphon life baseline or make sow the seeds baseline (the cast time to seeds is way too long, so many other classes have instant hard hitting AOE, why do we have a 2 second cast time???)
2. Alter our artifact making it a cooldown rather than having to farm souls - there are many encounters where it is literally impossible to get enough souls to use the damn ability
3. Ramp up time - this is god awful! Why the heck does agony need a ramp up time anyways? There are many classes monk for example that can do 1 million damage in two hits, yet my agony ticking away at max stacks is too op?? come on guys get rid of the damn ramp up time and just allow it tick at max damage off the bat or at the very least reduce the stacks from 20 to 10 for max damage
4. Overall damage increase - this needs to happen. Maybe there are 3 aff locks out there than can compete, but the majority of us are struggling and its frustrating as hell. I just want to be competitive already and not feel like im bringing my party down. Legion thus far has been a real downer for me due to this reason alone.....
I sim 310k on ursoc so 250k is achievable.
you should rename this post to "my dps can not run mythic plus"
10/20/2016 07:52 AMPosted by Maregor
I sim 310k on ursoc so 250k is achievable.

It's achievable, but still not good. And some of the people claiming it have 80% mastery, which means they aren't actually getting close to that.
10/20/2016 06:59 AMPosted by Sevenplagues
It's definitely do-able up to 7-8, depending on which one you end up with. I've done 7s+ with time to spare with a Frost DK. Honestly, I would say your tank and healer is a bigger bottle neck than your DPS. If you can chain pull large chunks of mobs Affliction is pretty decent.

Looking at the original poster, he's talking about boss fights. Not multi-target trash. With a couple of well placed AOEs and DOTs, mob fights will give you an inflated DPS meter. Always happens.

Boss fights, there's a lot more moving around. Working through EN normal, the eye boss - Il'gynoth, Heart of Corruption - is the worst. The raid strat we've been working with, is to kill the adds then kite the blobs they spawn until we have half the mobs down. Then lead the blobs to the eye, and have them explode under it. Rinse and repeat with the remaining adds. That's just P1.

The blobs target 3 people. You can't kill them until you have enough under the boss to actually do Il'gynoth damage. Kill the blobs early, and you don't have enough to kill the eye fast enough (and beware of the overall enrage timer). While running from the blob (aka: kiting it), you can't do much dps on the adds that are up.
09/21/2016 02:31 PMPosted by Zaraxa
09/21/2016 02:16 PMPosted by Drajilrough

Demo warlock lover here. I felt the same way, and I did switch to destro for a bit. I love their artifact weapon ability so much, I think it's cool how they have that idea of literally ripping a hole in time and space to bring destruction into the world. But honestly the more I played it, and the more I got queued up with fire mages in dungeons, the less I liked it. It's super RNG based (mastery, artifact weapon active can be kinda rng, etc) and It's just a constant rotation of a whopping 3-4 spells stacking your soul shards and then spamming chaos bolt and then back to square one. Their cleave is alright if you can really utilize havoc, but the masteries that make it easier/better are very replacable and just the positioning of masteries I think is bad for destro.

Tldr: If you have the time, patience, and dedication and you want a destro warlock, just reroll to a fire mage.

I gave up on Destro Lock when fire mages were easily out damaging even though I'm hitting two targets at once for 100% damage and spamming immolate on everything.

Twice the work half the payoff.

It's so sad to see people embarrass themselves this bad lying on the internet.

Post some meters or a didn't happen. No aff lock is pulling this damage.
10/25/2016 04:38 PMPosted by Diaboliic

It's so sad to see people embarrass themselves this bad lying on the internet.

Post some meters or a didn't happen. No aff lock is pulling this damage.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nrLv68xztHJQyDfa#fight=21&type=damage-done

last weeks log. will be raiding tonight with new buffs to see what kind of damage i can get. especially since im 7 ilvls and more stat focused then last week.

easy to get 300k+ on dragons and 230k+ on other bosses.