Today's Hotfix Notes...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 20 Next
They buffed basically everyone. Now you actually have to try to be top on the meters nerds. Stop whining
09/23/2016 09:50 PMPosted by Clalina
Jesus Christ are you people stupid? Do you understand that gameplay balance need a substantial amount of data that no beta/alpha could ever gather that's why they need to wait for when a large number of people actually play the game to make more balancing pass? How is that not understandable? Sound and graphics and other teams do not need to wait for data gathering.

8 months of people playing the game every day is a substantial amount of data. Thats 2/3rds of a year worth of data gathering. Perhaps it is you whom is the stupid one.
Well written. Agreed 100%. Raid is extremely fun and looks great, as does everything else.. Too bad the core game play begins to suffer.
Came to forums for OP spec tears, left completely satisfied.
I like this post more than my gf, !@#$ing hit the spot man what you said is spot on
I fully support a hotfix that will weed out the special snowflakes. The rest of us welcome the challenge. And it's not all bad news.

• Subtlety
o Eviscerate damage increased by 15%.
o Nightblade damage increased by 15%.
o Shuriken Storm damage increased by 30%.
o Second Shuriken (Artifact Trait) chance to activate increased to 30% (was 10%), damage increased by 30%, and now deals 200% additional damage while Stealth or Shadow Dance is active.
Jesus Christ are you people stupid? Do you understand that gameplay balance need a substantial amount of data that no beta/alpha could ever gather that's why they need to wait for when a large number of people actually play the game to make more balancing pass? How is that not understandable? Sound and graphics and other teams do not need to wait for data gathering.

So first off, you clearly know nothing about development and production. Second, the OPs post was very well said. Yours on the other hand is meh. So Im guessing its not the OP that's stupid. You just buy whatever BS you are being sold. Blizzard specifically said things that the OPs post addresses and people should 100% care about that part especially.

As a player being lied to at the level they do it? It is astounding and they are significant lies. Its the basis of the players time investment that they lie about. They detract massively from the experience and they do this every expansion. If they can't get it right before releasing the product, than they should find a way to fix the issue without punishing players for their own major mistakes. Buff weak classes, there is never a reason to Nerf. Blizzard can lose a challenging raid tier as a result, its not our problem. Fix the next one to handle the increased player damage or even the Mythic raid from the first tier. They release after tuning anyway.

The player's experience of how strong their class becomes based on the loot they earn, is the entire foundation of this game. Strong classes do not look at weak one's and say, "Wow Im too powerful!" They look at weak one's and think they are too weak.

The worst part is, people are upset and people will quit. Not because they are balanced with everyone else, but because their personal gaming experience, effort, and reward just moved in the wrong direction. And not because they did anything wrong. People are upset and they come in here to share their opinion, because they genuinely care about the game. They want it to be vibrant.

Every expansion though, the same mistakes are made and more and more people quit.

And all you guys happy with your buffs, the one's that did get it. Just wait, because your Nerf is coming. Blizzard has no idea how your abilities will interact with more secondaries. Not a clue. You are the test subjects now.
You guys weren't around for past expacs, were you?

Because this kind of tuning is normal. This time it feels worse because we're investing time into AP for certain specs, and that right there is why we need AP refunds and I do hope blizzard plans on giving them.
09/23/2016 09:52 PMPosted by Sugormagala

8 months of people playing the game every day is a substantial amount of data. Thats 2/3rds of a year worth of data gathering. Perhaps it is you whom is the stupid one.

Yea and there are like what? 100k people in the beta at most. And they don't represent all the types of players in the game. You want them to balance the game around what Mythic raiders can do and not Bob the LFR raider? Better think again.
09/23/2016 09:17 PMPosted by Eversteel
How dare you treat your subscribers and your production platform as a test bed for balancing your game.

How dare you be a moron and forget that ONLINE CONTENT SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME.

Too hard to remember it's their game, not yours and balancing is a contuining process. Of course if they had done nothing you'd still be !@#$%ing cause your favorite spec is bad/dead/whatever.

Sky is falling no matter what happens and idiots continue their drama queen posts.
ITT: demon hunters complaining about getting nerfed
09/23/2016 10:00 PMPosted by Melianthe
You guys weren't around for past expacs, were you?

Because this kind of tuning is normal. This time it feels worse because we're investing time into AP for certain specs, and that right there is why we need AP refunds and I do hope blizzard plans on giving them.

I remember the... I think it was the third week of Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. Frost DK got absolutely annihilated because of the numbers it was churning out.

This is complete BS. If this was actually the case there would be ZERO point to have beta tests. Where are you pullling this stupid argument that the testing from alpha/beta was somehow not enough and they need more people on live in order to balance classes? Are you actually serious? "they need to wait for when a large number of people that actually play the game"....and what were beta testers doing again? Oh, that's right TESTING for issues with class balancing and playing the game and providing pages upon pages, threads up threads of detailed and important feedback regarding underperforming classes.

They don't need more people playing the game to balance classes, the majority of people that play this game don't even test and give accurate and detailed feedback. The data is there, it's been there since beta and it was ignored and guess what? That's why we are at the point we are at with the mess that are classes right now, because they don't listen. They don't respond and apparently can't do basic math given all the random nerfs and buffs they roll out in these hotfixes. Before calling other people stupid, you might want to check yourself.
09/23/2016 10:00 PMPosted by Clalina
09/23/2016 09:52 PMPosted by Sugormagala

Yea and there are like what? 100k people in the beta at most. And they don't represent all the types of players in the game. You want them to balance the game around what Mythic raiders can do and not Bob the LFR raider? Better think again.

First off, LFR is a joke, balance really isnt needed for that, although theyll do it anyway.

Secondly, they have not only employees playing the alpha and beta, but people as well, in many different countries. I am also sure that not one class or spec was left out of that. People were playing them.

Thirdly, I dont have to think again. I used to work for SOE when Everquest (The original) was around. They knew their !@#$. They had this %^-* down. When something needed adjusting, they looked at the data gathered from testing, adjusted by a couple % here and there and went on as needed. There was none of this 10-20+% bull!@#$.

So, at the risk of being rude...not that I care at this point, yes I do know a bit about game development. So sit down, and shut the hell up.
09/23/2016 09:22 PMPosted by Thorean
They hired people who played the game.

I WISH they played the game.
i dont really know what you expected after the WOD debacle you thought just cause legion looked cool everything was going to be different i actually am having less fun in Legiongrind than i did in WOD and WOD was terrible.....
It's not like they give everybody the beta, the hardcore out in the world all the time people, or the casual do random weird stuff people. They gotta give it to the !@# kiss streamers for publicity. You know, the people who only involve their selves in 1 aspect of the game.
09/23/2016 10:02 PMPosted by Darrellon
09/23/2016 09:17 PMPosted by Eversteel
How dare you treat your subscribers and your production platform as a test bed for balancing your game.

How dare you be a moron and forget that ONLINE CONTENT SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME.

Too hard to remember it's their game, not yours and balancing is a contuining process. Of course if they had done nothing you'd still be !@#$%ing cause your favorite spec is bad/dead/whatever.

Sky is falling no matter what happens and idiots continue their drama queen posts.

ehh they made it but we pay for it so its our game i dont care what they want.
Lol, you all take this so out of proportion. It's a constant balance game that will never achieve perfection. Your class might struggle a bit at times, might excel at others. Calm down. Perfection is impossible. Cycles are inevitable.

Thank you, Blizzard. Love your game and look forward to playing more of it. :)

Fk sake opening your fking eye and look at some of the class, some do need buff and stuff...

Quit been a smart @ss if you aren't playing either those class or spec...