Official: Can't Complete Raid Quests Cont'd

General Discussion
1 2 3 119 Next
delete
09/27/2016 03:09 PMPosted by Sniperstrike
I question more the delivery method than the actual change itself at this point.

I mean seriously. A change like that just screwed over 90% of the stuff I was planning for.
Well, looks like i'm gonna have to go on pre-made for hours on end waiting for someone to actually let me in the raid, then being kicked after I die for the first time because these people only want veteran raiders, and they don't have the time to actually explain it to anyone, cause that would require work.
09/27/2016 03:12 PMPosted by Blakebone
I question more the delivery method than the actual change itself at this point.

I mean seriously. A change like that just screwed over 90% of the stuff I was planning for.
I just wanted to get some neat skins on may alts stress free.

Now I gotta LFG for em and honestly just thinking about it is making me get a headache.

People crow about the social days of old and yet all I remember is the social part being the pain in the neck-more than the game itself was
Even though I am a raider and doing normals and heroics (hopefully mythics soon), i believe that this would need to be changed. I have many IRL friends that love the raid finder and are not as blessed as I to have the work schedule to have consistent raids.
I find it funny, that the more we complain about the lack of communication from Blizzard the less they communicate.

Until it hits a breaking point and a Blue finally says, "We're sorry for the lack of communication regarding this news. We are going to work on improving in the future." Then immediately they go back to being silent.

Steam has better customer relations at this point.

What's the problem Blizz? Do you actively need to just hire a few more people to monitor the forums or what? This shouldn't be a hard thing to deal with, yet you guys are struggling with the very BASIC functions of a customer service business.
This is a continuation of this thread, which just capped out:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749236448

BREAKING NEWS: EMERALD NIGHTMARE RAID QUESTS

With the opening of the first wing of the Emerald Nightmare in Raid Finder difficulty this week, we wanted to mention that the quest items for Essence of Power and In Nightmares do not drop in LFR. The description for these quests will be updated with an upcoming patch and they are meant to be completed on normal difficulty or higher.

So, dropping this "can't do Raid quests in LFR" bomb on everyone the day LFR opens to the public, as a BREAKING NEWS announcement??, without any prior notice is really, really bad communication.

Was this something they decided just this morning? Was this the plan all along and they thought a good idea to spring it on everyone unaware the day LFR launched?

Why are we finding this on the very day people were anxiously looking forward to jumping into LFR EoA for the 1st time to DO these quests???? And why are we finding this out via an BREAKING NEWS alert? Is it bugged or something?

Just to clarify for readers that have just joined us.

This is not ALL RAID QUESTS. Profession quests in raids have been confirmed to be completable in LFR.

We don't know if A Growing Crisis and the follow-up quest to kill and loot Xavius in the Emerald Nightmare is available in LFR yet as that wing doesn't open up for a few weeks.

This is specifically about the two raid quests in the Balance of Power chain started by Kalecgos that has you go into two Mythic Dungeons and then sends you into the Emerald Nightmare once that step is complete. It rewards the first appearance in the Valorous row for your artifact.

For the record, the reason why it was announced in this fashion is because people were reporting it as a bug that the quest items were not dropping in LFR since the quest text did not specify which difficulty you had to do it on, causing many folks to assume that it meant any difficulty.

An unfortunate oversight to be sure, that I'm sure will be fixed in a client patch soon (tm).
I have an artifact quest I can't do (mythic, I will never have the time or be good enough to keep up with the go go go hell of mythics), and now this quest I just killed the boss for the heart and it shows the LFR boss drops it, but I couldn't loot it, so I come online and find out this bull !@#$. Again, I don't have time or ability to find a group that will let me join for one boss.

First time with Legion I've been COMPLETELY unimpressed and even a little ticked.
My biggest problem:

There are 3 other color that share models with the one rewarded from that quest. But you need to unlock the first model from the legendary quest if you want to use the other tints.

I can kill all the world bosses.
I probably can complete Glory of the Legion Hero or whatever.
I will probably not complete the Keystone-15 Mythic needed for the third color.

But defeating Xavius on Normal? I simply have no interest in going there, and I have no idea how hard it is.

Blizzard has this weird idea that putting something into Normal Mode will make me play it. Nope, it will make me ignore it and do something else (ex: Super Smash bros. is a very good game, you guys should check it!).

Normal Mode could mail me real cash - it's not the rewards, it's the cooperation with other players. I can beat Super Meat Boy's hardest level; I can't make the DPS' stand out of the fire since I don't have Mind Control >:|

ALSO: Quest was misleading. I would've not touched it if I knew about the normal requirement.
09/27/2016 03:14 PMPosted by Lauros
Well, looks like i'm gonna have to go on pre-made for hours on end waiting for someone to actually let me in the raid, then being kicked after I die for the first time because these people only want veteran raiders, and they don't have the time to actually explain it to anyone, cause that would require work.

Well said, and it will get worse as more people are geared/more people get raid achievements. Nobody will want to take anyone new.
If it ends up that I can't complete my quests I'll just unsub until Blizz fixes it. But I'm not there yet so not really looking forward to this.
09/27/2016 03:23 PMPosted by Zarwei
09/27/2016 03:14 PMPosted by Lauros

Well said, and it will get worse as more people are geared/more people get raid achievements. Nobody will want to take anyone new.
This will only get harder as time marches on.

It would be the reverse if it was LFR enabled.
They've said many times that the vast majority of people who have completed raids since the end of Cata, have done so only in LFR. This sort of screws over probably 90% of the people who were looking forward to doing these quests. Not to mention this doesn't just lock you out of 1 artifact look, it locks you out of 4. Because you need the first one , to access the other colors. So even if you earn those 3? Well *insert expletive here* you.

And please, the "Then just do normal" response is utter BS. I don't know what kind of crazy luck you have with group finder groups, but since its implementation, I've had very little good experiences with it. Whether it be taking days, DAYS, to even get into a group, or the groups completely being incapable of doing anything(entirety of WoD, I never got a group that managed to kill a single boss on normal, or otherwise, in any raid, aside from Kargath), its not been a very success endeavor. I do not look forward to dealing with that for possibly months to get enough essences to complete the quest.
I see no problem with, among other choices, some of the artifact appearances mean "I cleared content meant for organized raid teams." And of course those quests should not be done in LFR.

Appearances are the perfect sort of content for this treatment. They don't gate the pursuit of any other in game goal, there's a large variety of them, different ones are earned by many different means, etc etc.
Honestly pretty craptastic.

It also pretty much verifies the raid-or-get out focus of this expansion.
Can't progress the artifact storyline outside of LFR. (don't care about the skins) As a casual I'm screwed. Thanks Blizzard... =/
Compared to other expansions I already feel like Legion has been about as much fun as a heart attack if we are being honest. The pre-patch events were 10x more fun, they could have made that the expansion and it would have been better value for money. The artifact scenarios were fun I guess? I was looking forward to lfr instead of my umpteenth world quest, even then there was a nonsensical wait for each wing. Now I just don't care right now whether I want to do a world quest or lfr, and not in a good way.
What's this? Blizz gating something you want behind something you hate? Say it isn't so!
09/27/2016 03:33 PMPosted by Krara
I see no problem with, among other choices, some of the artifact appearances mean "I cleared content meant for organized raid teams." And of course those quests should not be done in LFR.

Appearances are the perfect sort of content for this treatment. They don't gate the pursuit of any other in game goal, there's a large variety of them, different ones are earned by many different means, etc etc.

The problem is not that... the problem is that if you go into lfr it shows that you CAN loot it from lfr but can't, the problem is that this was announced THIS morning, not yesterday, not on release, not last week, TODAY, that's the problem, there's also the obvious fear of people not being able to complete Good Suramaritan since that requires a raid boss kill.