Official: Can't Complete Raid Quests Cont'd

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 119 Next
I'm just curious if any Blizzard employee has ever tried to get into one of these non=matchmade raids. It's not enjoyable at all, with all the restrictions and rejections, just because you don't have a certain ilvl, class, spec, or artifact lvl now.

Make your own group. Hey, I'll even do all the hard work for you!

"LFM, need ALL! Learning EN fights! No gear requirement! Come learn Emerald Nightmare and get some Essences!"

There. Copy and paste that into your Premade Group Finder thing. Collect a group, go do EN without having to deal with 'rejections and restrictions.'
09/27/2016 05:17 PMPosted by Carpemortem
09/27/2016 05:14 PMPosted by Ornyx

This restriction is specific to this quest chain, which has a cosmetic-only reward. Other quest chains, such as “The Stuff of Dreams” from the Suramar campaign, will be completable through Raid Finder. We’ll be making some additional changes in Patch 7.1 to more clearly communicate when and where these restrictions apply.

You should have probably communicated this bit of information in the first place. It's no wonder people(myself included) were really upset.

This, it's not like they didn't have months to say something instead of waiting until the day LFR releases. Poorly handled, as usual.
09/27/2016 05:26 PMPosted by Ornyx
Again, a cosmetic reward we are reserving for those who participate in organized, non-matchmade content.

This is not something you, by any means, "need". And "needing" it on every alt, doubly so. If you desire it, then organize a raid or join a guild that will put you in their raiding ranks and dedicate the time to obtaining the items.

We simply disagree that these skins should be handed out without dedication and challenge.

Good. Some things, especially cosmetic things, should be gated behind harder content. Even though Normal is considered to be really easy this time around, people still can't bring themselves to pug. It's cosmetic. It's not necessary. Deal with how things are.
Honestly this decision lacks intelligence. If only because artifacts and their skins is such a huge factor in this xpac. Not only does this cut into a large swath of what Legion was about; but also walking around the class order halls or going into lfd dungeons or even mythic dungeons, you will start to stick out like a sore thumb that you are 2nd fiddle, not really welcome, and only a blizzard cash cow for everyone else. Wtg. The way artifacts are in this expansion and always visible, you might as well give us Loser titles that we can't take off!! Like really? Get smarter devs.
Ya, I very rarely ever post, although I do read the forums quite a bit. But I just can't remain silent on this topic.

I have a handful of friends I play with. We have been playing together for years, just having fun in PVP, sometimes doing arenas, but mostly just BG's. That's what we all like and enjoy. But with this expansion, we actually decided to throw some PVE in the mix. We've been doing it here and there, but we all now have the quest to do the mythic Eye of Azshara. I was excited to tank, and feel I have become pretty good at it, so I dumped a ton of AP into my prot weapon to make it easier for all of us. Likewise, one of my friends dumped a ton into his healing spec for the same reason.

We were excited to step into Mythic for the first time ever, and even have a guild event set for it, which I just find funny to be honest lol....

We rarely play all at the same time currently due to things in all our lives, but we planned a week in advance to make sure we were all available for this mythic dungeon run this coming Thursday night. The reason? We wanted to be able to get our 3rd weapon appearance. This actually motivated us to do some PVE when we haven't even cared/bothered in YEARS!

Now I just feel frustrated. I don't care if people think you don't deserve things from doing LFR. For some of us, that is the only option we have due to things that exist in our lives outside of this game. I have a very sporadic schedule. I would never be able to commit to a raid guild schedule. I do not have the time to sit around and join/organize a group for running a raid for weeks on end until I finally get the amount I needed to finish the quest.

So, because of this, I am locked out of an ENTIRE appearance tree on our Artifact Weapon? That blows, man. There's already so few options with weapons this expansion, I just would like to have some more options. I can understand having some alternate colors locked behind some achievements or something, but the entire thing is not an option for me now? Not cool. At least have the entry-level color obtainable by everyone.

This really frustrates me. In fact, more so than anything in this expansion so far (I've actually been having a really good time). It has completely killed our desire to even bother with the Mythic quests that we were excited for.

Have it obtainable through LFR, change your decision on this. Scale back the drops of quest items in LFR so it takes longer, I don't care. Just let us have something we know we are working towards. A light at the end of the tunnel. This expansion already has SO MUCH RNG, can we please just have something that we can set our sights on and KNOW we will get after a certain amount of time? Is that really too much to give us?

There's other things too about this that are frustrating, but this has been long enough and I got the main point of mine out there, but I will just finish with this:

This sucks.
I appreciate constructive feedback and discussion on this topic, and will discuss what's here with the developers once it's had time to settle, but anything that says "the world is ending" or "blizzard is killing their player-base" because not everyone will get a cosmetic skin is a fallacy and something I won't respond to going forward.

*nods*

Understood, Ornyx, and I thank you.

So you can confirm that Loremaster is completeable in LFR.

Do I read this correctly?
09/27/2016 05:22 PMPosted by Nelya

Thanks for confirming the inevitable. I'll be saving some money every month now, because I am done with this game. If this is intended and staying in the game, you just lost a customer. It is clear blizzard is clueless about their own game. I guess it's true, no King lives forever.

Good luck everyone. Blizzard, you failed.

lol, sure you will. That's why you posted on a lv1 ;)

I'm sorry you feel entitled to put no effort into something and to get a cosmetic only item out of it. Do you want to get the mounts and stuff that require PvP without actually having to PvP as well? Maybe you also want free legendaries for every LFR run too!
09/27/2016 05:22 PMPosted by Nelya

Thanks for confirming the inevitable. I'll be saving some money every month now, because I am done with this game. If this is intended and staying in the game, you just lost a customer. It is clear blizzard is clueless about their own game. I guess it's true, no King lives forever.

Again, a cosmetic reward we are reserving for those who participate in organized, non-matchmade content.

This is not something you, by any means, "need". And "needing" it on every alt, doubly so. If you desire it, then organize a raid or join a guild that will put you in their raiding ranks and dedicate the time to obtaining the items.

We simply disagree that these skins should be handed out without dedication and challenge.

I appreciate constructive feedback and discussion on this topic, and will discuss what's here with the developers once it's had time to settle, but anything that says "the world is ending" or "blizzard is killing their player-base" because not everyone will get a cosmetic skin is a bit of a fallacy.

This isn't like past cosmetic things. You guys have made it painfully clear that artifact weapons are legion-only, and we won't be able to go back and get them after legion is over.

This is a limited-time thing. Balance of Power can take anywhere from a couple weeks to a few months to complete.

We already have to put that much time into it in order to complete it. The fact some of us are willing to do that on TWELVE CLASSES alone, should tell you that we EARN it.

The fact you're saying that's not enough to earn it is ridiculous. Do you realize how much time we're putting into the game to do that? You quite literally just said that a non-raiders time is not as important as a raiders time. That's so messed up. I normally like you Ornyx, but this post is one of the most offensive posts I've ever seen by a blue on this forum.

Not to mention, have you ever TRIED to PuG as a dps? It's almost impossible. No way in hell I'm going to manage that on my alts. My main is fine in my guild, but my alts are screwed.

Like I said, even if you made it so alts could get it in LFR if you complete the quest once on your main, I'd be fine. But no. You instead want to punish people who play alts.

If I didn't already have gametime up to April because of WoW tokens, I would legitimately quit today over this and not look back.
09/27/2016 05:29 PMPosted by Bigwoppa
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You should have probably communicated this bit of information in the first place. It's no wonder people(myself included) were really upset.

This, it's not like they didn't have months to say something instead of waiting until the day LFR releases. Poorly handled, as usual.
blizzard is just into this stuff they get off too the drama when they screw up.

if they told everyone from the start there would be like no treads about this
It is intentional that the quests “In Nightmares” and “Essence of Power” cannot be completed on Raid Finder difficulty. That quest chain is intended to provide a cosmetic reward for participating in organized, non-matchmade content. As such, we wanted to keep this step in line with the previous steps in the chain, which require completing Mythic Dungeons.

This restriction is specific to this quest chain, which has a cosmetic-only reward. Other quest chains, such as “The Stuff of Dreams” from the Suramar campaign, will be completable through Raid Finder. We’ll be making some additional changes in Patch 7.1 to more clearly communicate when and where these restrictions apply.

This is not going to end well.
I do love all this fuss over the weapon skins.

Why aren't we complaining about the mount achievements from completing normal raid achievements . Its the same argument.

effort and time spent = reward.

Simply logging on and being spoon feed everything doesn't mean you have a right to everything.
09/27/2016 05:30 PMPosted by Aehl
I appreciate constructive feedback and discussion on this topic, and will discuss what's here with the developers once it's had time to settle, but anything that says "the world is ending" or "blizzard is killing their player-base" because not everyone will get a cosmetic skin is a fallacy and something I won't respond to going forward.

*nods*

Understood, Ornyx, and I thank you.

So you can confirm that Loremaster is completeable in LFR.

Do I read this correctly?

Confirmed.

Should consider the allowing other color variants to be unlockable however, since I doubt stuff like "world bosses" are organized/challenging
It is intentional that the quests “In Nightmares” and “Essence of Power” cannot be completed on Raid Finder difficulty. That quest chain is intended to provide a cosmetic reward for participating in organized, non-matchmade content. As such, we wanted to keep this step in line with the previous steps in the chain, which require completing Mythic Dungeons.

You need to do a much better job communicating. Fine if you want to use Twitter, but make sure you communicate on these forums too.

I appreciate constructive feedback and discussion on this topic, and will discuss what's here with the developers once it's had time to settle, but anything that says "the world is ending" or "blizzard is killing their player-base" because not everyone will get a cosmetic skin is a bit of a fallacy.

I guess my largest concern is that it's not accountwide; if I want to unlock the appearance on a specific alt, I need to gear and raid with a class I may not be very good at, which hurts not only me but the raid team.

If it was accountwide I'd have absolutely no issue with it, as I'd be able to use my main either now or in a future patch to complete the quest line. But as it stands now, it's not going to be fun for anyone involved.
09/27/2016 05:30 PMPosted by Hyatch
So, because of this, I am locked out of an ENTIRE appearance tree on our Artifact Weapon?

You're not locked out of anything. Normal EN is hilariously easy to do.

If you want the cosmetic reward, go fulfill the requirements.

I hope for your sake it doesn't backfire on you, Blizzard. All this ridiculous gating is going to drive people away, as per your own metrics saying that more people do LFR than any other difficulty of raiding.

But I suppose it makes some sense, given that there are no weapon drops in Legion. These reskins essentially fulfill the same purpose, so it's an interesting workaround if you ignore how cheap it seems by comparison.

And you guy would do well to confirm Pathfinder sooner rather than later. Much, much sooner.

Then Don't be hypocritical about a skin that is locked-obtained to a single expansion while all weapon legendaries from past Expansions can still be obtained

Don't remove the ability to obtain artifact appearances after legion is over.

Don't make it the gated skin in that tier that is required to unock the other colors

Don't be so God dammed stubborn by making legion so alt/spec unfriendly and make these unlocks account wide

Don't punish people with medical conditions and unforgiving work schedules

This special snowflake crap and elitism mindset is getting ridiculous. How are u guys still in business with this kind of thinking?
Well I liked Legion until now. I was looking forward to having a reason to do lfr more than one time again and working towards unlocking those appearances. I guess I'll be leaving.

It would have been nice if the quest itself made this clear. I've basically progressed it to the raid portion for no virtually no reason as I won't be joining any normal raids. Sometimes I can't even find a mythic group in 30+ minutes of searching so a normal raid is out of the question.

There are many many people who will do Mythic Dungeons but not the raiding and vice versa. I've done all the Mythics, but I won't be doing the raids. Now I have no real reason to do LFR either because A) I can't finish the quests and B) the loot is worse than mythics

Moreover, you've created yet another thing people are going to sell for gold. WTS Artifact Carry 50k gold