CRZ in legion zones....AGAIN

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 37 Next
09/27/2016 02:06 PMPosted by Dorblor
What is CRZ ?

It's a condition that turns grown adults into children.
We've stated this numerous times, but this is not new. CRZ has existed in Broken Isle zones since launch, however you may not have seen it active due to the amount of players leveling the same zone on your server.

Cross-realm technology activates automatically. I suspect that you may be seeing people from other realms since LFR opened today, and many players are trying out that newly opened content (hence, less players in the "world"). It's also 3pm PST on a weekday, which isn't what I'd consider peak-time.
We've stated this numerous times, but this is not new. CRZ has existed in Broken Isle zones since launch, however you may not have seen it active due to the amount of players leveling the same zone on your server.

Cross-realm Zones activate automatically when zones are less populated. I suspect that you may be seeing people from other realms since LFR opened today, and many players are trying out that newly opened content (hence, less players in the "world"). It's also 3pm PST on a weekday, which isn't what I'd consider peak-time.

Can you please look at re grouping the servers in the CRZ groups. I am trying to do MoP world bosses and they are instantly dying because so so many people are camping them. Chicago PvE has three full servers in it and 60 others and other CRZ groups have less than 10% of the number of players.
Hey Ornyx, I got a random question.

On my realm (Zangarmarsh-Hellscream), I've been seeing a lot of people from the Garona realm everywhere, even when there is no one from any other realm CRZ'd in. (i.e, we're seemingly CRZ'd with them 24/7). CRZ affects us occasionally, but it seems that we're ALWAYS crossed with Garona.

We can't trade with one another meaning we're not merged, no one seems to have any idea what's going on. Is this intentional? Because right now it's just strange.
09/27/2016 03:20 PMPosted by Ornyx

Cross-realm technology activates automatically. I suspect that you may be seeing people from other realms since LFR opened today, and many players are trying out that newly opened content (hence, less players in the "world"). It's also 3pm PST on a weekday, which isn't what I'd consider peak-time.

Well-said and insightful, thanks Ornyxbro.

09/27/2016 03:24 PMPosted by Roxette
MoP world bosses

Those have low health. I was soloing those last xpac with no trouble (yes, sha too. Run away from his MC.) so it wouldn't surprise me if people are soloing them even faster in Legion.

Don't worry Ornyx, I'll tank the downvotes for you. :^)
/is a meatshield priest

Yeah, I don't buy it. I only ever see CRZ in the first few hours (once it was a couple days) after maintenance or server reset. Then it's back to being pleasantly uncrowded again, even in the middle of the night server time when I typically play.

It literally goes from having 40 people all trying to work on one world quest, making them incredibly frustrating, to having 3-5 people in an area at a time, which is the usual for low pop realms and what we signed up for.

People on high pop realms may not have noticed much of a difference between when CRZ was active and not, but those of us on low pop realms sure do.

CRZ is a horrible, horrible addition to this game that benefits *no one*. To have it in brand new content that everyone is doing, and worse, to have the threshold of the number of players in a zone so incredibly high is maddening.
09/27/2016 03:27 PMPosted by Malady

Well-said and insightful, thanks Ornyxbro.

09/27/2016 03:24 PMPosted by Roxette
MoP world bosses

Those have low health, mate. I was soloing those last xpac with no trouble (yes, sha too. Run away from his MC.) so it wouldn't surprise me if people are soloing them even faster in Legion.

... there are people camping them - I am at nalak and last spawn 22 ppl and I couldn't get tag in as melee because I didn't realize I needed to tag as ranged because he was dead before he got into range for me.

well I got him second spawn but every time people are right there and missing out on tags - way way too many people in this CRZ group for the health of these.

I've never once seen this or was told this was a bug. I've always been told current content would be exempt from crz guess its time to unsub. Had i known legion would be crz I would not of bought it.
I get it if I'm on a PVP server and now I have to deal with world pvp, that's fine.

But the realms I'm connected to are the opposite of my faction imbalance, so when CRZ is on (like at Eye of Azshara outdoor zone), it's 99% horde.

If you want to say "hah yeah you don't get to be 99% alliance dominating pvp on your server anymore" great but you should try and make it 50/50ish.

This was kind of snuck into the expansion and I would not have paid $75 cash to transfer 3 characters here if I had known that I was going to be camped unless I played group finder roulette.
People will complain about anything

Ummm... are you sure?

I am pretty sure the last word from the devs on this was that CRZ in the Broken Isles areas was unintended and would be addressed in the near future.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/warcraftdevs/status/773586822865846272

We've identified an issue causing unintended cross-realm grouping in most Legion zones (including Order Halls). A fix is in the works.

You're directly contradicting @WarcraftDevs with what you said.

Ewww LFR.... I just full cleared it on normal the other week. Wasn't even hard.

I wonder what's the point of LFR now.. Even Ghostcrawler thinks the feature was a mistake.
In this thread, people complaining that a massively multiplayer online role-playing game is massively multiplayer.
09/27/2016 03:30 PMPosted by Amelaclya

Yeah, I don't buy it. I only ever see CRZ in the first few hours (once it was a couple days) after maintenance or server reset. Then it's back to being pleasantly uncrowded again, even in the middle of the night server time when I typically play.

It literally goes from having 40 people all trying to work on one world quest, making them incredibly frustrating, to having 3-5 people in an area at a time, which is the usual for low pop realms and what we signed up for.

People on high pop realms may not have noticed much of a difference between when CRZ was active and not, but those of us on low pop realms sure do.

CRZ is a horrible, horrible addition to this game that benefits *no one*. To have it in brand new content that everyone is doing, and worse, to have the threshold of the number of players in a zone so incredibly high is maddening.

Edit: And because I am on a low pop realm, and keep player names on, it's pretty obvious when the zones are overcrowded with people from other servers. Right now I see hardly any other Cenarius people. Just Kul'Tiras and Bladefist. I have been making a special point to pay attention to this, so I am positive that it is the case. Because whether or not I attempt to do any WQs always depends on the server composition I see when I log into my class hall or Dalaran. If I only see my server, I know they will be doable. If I see a ton of *s, I know not to even bother unless I want to be frustrated.

So standing around waiting for mobs to spawn is intended? If so I think I'd rather find another game, you know, one I can actually PLAY...
CRZ has existed in Broken Isle zones since launch

Why would you unleash the horror that is CRZ on current expansion content? People put up with it in old zones because there's not much of value there, but having Moon Guard and Wyrmrest devouring every resource node makes it damn difficult to get anything except leather and scales on a smaller RP realm's auction house

09/27/2016 03:35 PMPosted by Zoreli
In this thread, people complaining that a massively multiplayer online role-playing game is massively multiplayer.

If I wanted to be on a realm as overcrowded and impossible to do anything on as Moon Guard or WrA, I'd BE on Moon Guard or Wyrmrest. I play on a medium population server because I don't want my computer going full potato just because half of the RP server population decided to do the same world quest I'm trying to do.

09/27/2016 03:35 PMPosted by Simca
I am pretty sure the last word from the devs on this was that CRZ in the Broken Isles areas was unintended and would be addressed in the near future.

It was. 3 weeks ago Ornyx stated that CRZ applying to order halls and Broken Isles was an unintended bug that they were fixing.
09/27/2016 03:35 PMPosted by Zoreli

No. People are confused because CRZ has never before been active on current content.

Pandaria wasn't CRZ'd until 6.0.

Draenor wasn't CRZ'd until 7.0.
Apparently blizzard is too dense to understand that we HATE this "feature" and will complain about it, every .. single .. time .. it happens. Forever. K see you next time. again and again and again and again.
09/27/2016 03:31 PMPosted by Sharkcopter

I've never once seen this or was told this was a bug. I've always been told current content would be exempt from crz guess its time to unsub. Had i known legion would be crz I would not of bought it.

This is my issue too. They never said CRZ would be active in Legion content. And those of us that assume it wouldn't be did so logically based on when CRZ was implemented in past expansions. It's a !@#$ty bait and switch tactic. I never, ever would have bought Legion had I known that I would want to tear my hair out trying to do half of the content. It's not fun trying to compete with other players for spawns (especially ground spawns which don't share tags). It's stressful and frustrating. I want to be challenged by the environment in an MMO, not competing for trivial content against dozens of other players.
09/27/2016 03:30 PMPosted by Amelaclya

Ornyx literally just explained to you that CRZ activates automatically when population is low. He gave the example of LFR coming out as potential contributing circumstance. Did it not occur to you that most people are asleep at server reset time...?