CRZ in legion zones....AGAIN

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 37 Next
09/27/2016 03:35 PMPosted by Zoreli
In this thread, people complaining that a massively multiplayer online role-playing game is massively multiplayer.

Take your CRZ and multiple it by 50 times the number of people and see if you still think that.
09/27/2016 03:37 PMPosted by Bomdanil
09/27/2016 03:20 PMPosted by Ornyx
CRZ has existed in Broken Isle zones since launch

Why would you unleash the horror that is CRZ on current expansion content? People put up with it in old zones because there's not much of value there, but having Moon Guard and Wyrmrest devouring every resource node makes it damn difficult to get anything except leather and scales on a smaller RP realm's auction house

09/27/2016 03:35 PMPosted by Zoreli
In this thread, people complaining that a massively multiplayer online role-playing game is massively multiplayer.

If I wanted to be on a realm as overcrowded and impossible to do anything on as Moon Guard or WrA, I'd BE on Moon Guard or Wyrmrest. I play on a medium population server because I don't want my computer going full potato just because half of the RP server population decided to do the same world quest I'm trying to do.

Just be thankful. As RP, we're only up for CRZ with a handful of other realms. Those poor non-RP people have about 30 or so potential CRZ relams.
We've stated this numerous times, but this is not new. CRZ has existed in Broken Isle zones since launch, however you may not have seen it active due to the amount of players leveling the same zone on your server.
When CRZ was first added, wasn't it only supposed to be for low level zones? I don't recall it being active in MoP and WoD when they were current content.
I don't know why this was changed for Legion, but many people aren't happy about it- being forced onto the same servers with a bunch of random people you have limited interaction with and who you'll likely never see again tends to ruin the feeling of a server-specific community, plus its just a huge headache for anyone trying to gather crafting materials, especially with the ridiculous number of herbs needed for potions in Legion.
There's also issues with some servers having much different WPvP situations, many servers suffer from obnoxious zerg guilds or have a heavily skewed faction ratio, and combining them with servers that previously had a completely different environment just ruins things for tons of people.
09/27/2016 02:09 PMPosted by Nautkicker
09/27/2016 02:06 PMPosted by Dorblor
What is CRZ ?

cross-realm zones. It's basically where you will be grouped up with players from other realms to help finding groups and LFD/LFR..... correct me if I'm wrong on this, anyone.

It's to make empty areas of the game seem fuller.
09/27/2016 03:30 PMPosted by Roxette
... there are people camping them - I am at nalak and last spawn 22 ppl

T U E S D A Y
It's also 3pm PST on a weekday, which isn't what I'd consider peak-time.

I'd consider 5pm CSt peak weekday or not. Still seeing CRZ. Please try again.
We've stated this numerous times, but this is not new. CRZ has existed in Broken Isle zones since launch, however you may not have seen it active due to the amount of players leveling the same zone on your server.

Cross-realm technology activates automatically. I suspect that you may be seeing people from other realms since LFR opened today, and many players are trying out that newly opened content (hence, less players in the "world"). It's also 3pm PST on a weekday, which isn't what I'd consider peak-time.

I highly question that CRZ is implemented, besides the Garona realm (which I talked about earlier), it's VERY rare that I actually see CRZ out in the Broken Isles minus the occasional person who has grouped up.

The only time I see a lot of CRZ'd people is when the servers have just come up.
09/27/2016 03:39 PMPosted by Malady
09/27/2016 03:30 PMPosted by Amelaclya
Yeah, I don't buy it. I only ever see CRZ in the first few hours (once it was a couple days) after maintenance or server reset. Then it's back to being pleasantly uncrowded again, even in the middle of the night server time when I typically play.

Ornyx literally just explained to you that CRZ activates automatically when population is low. He gave the example of LFR coming out as potential contributing circumstance. Did it not occur to you that most people are asleep at server reset time...?

My point was that when population is low - like 3am server time (which is midnight my time so I am often still awake), it's *still* usually only my server that I see when I am out and about (and I look). If it was the case that CRZ activates at low pop times, that wouldn't be the case. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Cross-realm technology activates automatically. I suspect that you may be seeing people from other realms since LFR opened today, and many players are trying out that newly opened content (hence, less players in the "world"). It's also 3pm PST on a weekday, which isn't what I'd consider peak-time.

A big group of people do not want or like CRZ.
It doesn't make the world feel "alive".
It doesn't have any positive benefits.
It simply is a hassle with only negatives and not a single positive. Less mobs, competing for spawns, competing for clickables, harder to do quests, waiting for repops on rares/mobs, herbs/ore getting stolen(thus taken from your servers economy too, not even on your AH!), etc.

How many times does the player base have to tell you CRZ is garbage and we DON'T want it? You assured us it wouldn't be in the current expac zones, you lied. It's now in Legion zones too.

Stop shoving this garbage down our throat, we DO NOT WANT IT. IT HAS NO POSITIVE BENEFITS AND ONLY NEGATIVES. IT MAKES THE GAME WORSE.

Why are you ACTIVELY trying to make the game worse?
09/27/2016 03:30 PMPosted by Amelaclya
Yeah, I don't buy it. I only ever see CRZ in the first few hours (once it was a couple days) after maintenance or server reset. Then it's back to being pleasantly uncrowded again, even in the middle of the night server time when I typically play.

Ornyx literally just explained to you that CRZ activates automatically when population is low. He gave the example of LFR coming out as potential contributing circumstance. Did it not occur to you that most people are asleep at server reset time...?

Does it not occur to you that it has literally never worked like that, ever, and that developers have previously stated that CRZ is supposed to not be enabled at all under any circumstances in the Broken Isles?
Someone told us a lie. Question is, who?
09/27/2016 03:41 PMPosted by Insanebrit

Why would you unleash the horror that is CRZ on current expansion content? People put up with it in old zones because there's not much of value there, but having Moon Guard and Wyrmrest devouring every resource node makes it damn difficult to get anything except leather and scales on a smaller RP realm's auction house

If I wanted to be on a realm as overcrowded and impossible to do anything on as Moon Guard or WrA, I'd BE on Moon Guard or Wyrmrest. I play on a medium population server because I don't want my computer going full potato just because half of the RP server population decided to do the same world quest I'm trying to do.

Just be thankful. As RP, we're only up for CRZ with a handful of other realms. Those poor non-RP people have about 30 or so potential CRZ relams.

yup moonguard/wa

Los Angeles RP
Blackwater Raiders, Cenarion Circle, Farstriders, Feathermoon, Moon Guard, Scarlet Crusade, Shadow Council, Silver Hand, Sisters of Elune, Thorium Brotherhood, Wyrmrest Accord

vs

Chicago Pve

Chicago PvE
Aerie Peak, Aggramar, Alexstrasza, Alleria, Anvilmar, Area 52, Arygos, Azuremyst, Baelgun, Blackhand, Blade's Edge, Bloodhoof, Dalaran, Dawnbringer, Dentarg, Doomhammer, Durotan, Duskwood, Elune, Eonar, Exodar, Fizzcrank, Galakrond, Garona, Ghostlands, Gilneas, Gnomeregan, Greymane, Grizzly Hills, Hellscream, Icecrown, Kael'thas, Kargath, Khadgar, Llane, Lothar, Madoran, Malfurion, Malygos, Medivh, Moonrunner, Norgannon, Ravencrest, Staghelm, Stormrage, Tanaris, Terokkar, Thrall, Thunderhorn, Trollbane, Turalyon, Uldaman, Undermine, Velen, Whisperwind, Ysera, Zangarmarsh, Zul'jin

notice the 3 full servers.
09/27/2016 03:44 PMPosted by Luvia

Does it not occur to you that it has literally never worked like that, ever, and that developers have previously stated that CRZ is supposed to not be enabled at all under any circumstances in the Broken Isles?

Yes pretty sure it was Ion that stated that it wasn't supposed to be CRZ'd.

I only want to see players on my cluster though. Can you make that happen? I don't give a !@#$ about these people.
09/27/2016 02:11 PMPosted by Xbob
I see lots of complaints about CRZ, but I don't think I've seen anyone summarize why it's a problem? That's not me saying it is or isn't a problem, I haven't played since Cata. Why do people hate CRZ so bad?

I just transferred to my current server from one that was basically dead, and the only thing making it seem like it had any life or players at all was CRZ.

Well..Already playing on a very high pop server that's now CRZ absolutely sucks...It's to crowded.
09/27/2016 03:46 PMPosted by Roxette
09/27/2016 03:44 PMPosted by Luvia

I'm pretty sure Onyx is just confused. It doesn't have to be a lie.
09/27/2016 03:41 PMPosted by Malady
09/27/2016 03:30 PMPosted by Roxette
... there are people camping them - I am at nalak and last spawn 22 ppl

T U E S D A Y

So people aren't supposed to play tuesday now because blizzard can't be bothered to divide up the CRZ groups properly.
09/27/2016 03:41 PMPosted by Ilidaria
09/27/2016 02:09 PMPosted by Nautkicker

cross-realm zones. It's basically where you will be grouped up with players from other realms to help finding groups and LFD/LFR..... correct me if I'm wrong on this, anyone.

It's to make empty areas of the game seem fuller.

So brand new Legion content is empty areas of the game that need to be made to seem fuller? I am on one of the smallest population realms and I have never had a problem finding people to do group quests with. I see plenty of people running around without CRZ enabled. A normal amount, not the 40+ all working on one world quest.

It's especially stupid this expac when we are supposed to be the "Hero" of our respective class halls, to see a literal army of people with the same title and artifact running around.
09/27/2016 03:48 PMPosted by Simca
09/27/2016 03:46 PMPosted by Roxette

I'm pretty sure Onyx is just confused. It doesn't have to be a lie.

it could be but if they can't figure out what's broken and what's working correctly how the heck are we ?

Yeah...That's BS , I've been playing since Legion launched and it's only ever really bad right after server restarts like it's some kind of bug..Usually in my class hall it's just people from my realm but after every damn restart it's back to being CRZ then it goes away after a while..CRZ on a very high pop server is not freaking needed, my server is already crowded and with CRZ just makes it unbearable.

I don't think you understand why its so annoying then, nor anyone else working there.