CRZ in legion zones....AGAIN

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 37 Next
09/27/2016 03:20 PMPosted by Ornyx
We've stated this numerous times, but this is not new. CRZ has existed in Broken Isle zones since launch, however you may not have seen it active due to the amount of players leveling the same zone on your server.

Cross-realm technology activates automatically. I suspect that you may be seeing people from other realms since LFR opened today, and many players are trying out that newly opened content (hence, less players in the "world"). It's also 3pm PST on a weekday, which isn't what I'd consider peak-time.

I dont buy it. my partner and I play overnight and have NEVER seen players from other realms at definitely off peak times. as has been pointed out this only happens after a restart or maintenance. every...time...

so we have you saying this is intended and the devs stating its a mistake for it to be implemented now. which is the actual policy?
09/27/2016 03:51 PMPosted by Kestrìl
We've stated this numerous times, but this is not new. CRZ has existed in Broken Isle zones since launch, however you may not have seen it active due to the amount of players leveling the same zone on your server.

Cross-realm technology activates automatically. I suspect that you may be seeing people from other realms since LFR opened today, and many players are trying out that newly opened content (hence, less players in the "world"). It's also 3pm PST on a weekday, which isn't what I'd consider peak-time.

I dont buy it. my partner and I play overnight and have NEVER seen players from other realms at definitely off peak times. as has been pointed out this only happens after a restart or maintenance. every...time...

so we have you saying this is intended and the devs stating its a mistake for it to be implemented now. which is the actual policy?

Exactly! ^ This is the 1st time I ever heard it was actually intended, always heard it was a bug and it always happens after server restarts then eventually it goes back to being normal after a while.
CRZ is pure garbage, the stupidest idea Blizzard has had since they tried to force real names on everyone a few years ago.

wait

but why is it on at all

isn't it supposed to be turned off for current expansion areas

what is this trash
I too had thought current content was exempt from CRZ, but it seems as though they changed their mind and mentioned it only in passing in a Q&A:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5962-Legion-Developer-Q-A-Ion-Hazzikostas

Cross-Realm Zones
  • There is lots of new technology that powers the outdoor zones in Legion.
  • The launch was so smooth because of this new technology.
  • Having multiple copies of a zone on a server helps the population stay at an optimal level.
  • In the past current content was only players from your realm, but in Legion merging and splitting happen in the entire world.
  • This helps to make the world feel alive, especially when you are out doing world quests. You want to run into other players
  • Some players have been on PvP servers for a long time and accustomed to not having to PvP because of faction balance, but now they have to PvP as there are players from other realms of the other factions. This is restoring how PvP servers were intended.
  • The team is looking at some of the bodyguard abilities in regards to PvP. Some of these are too powerful and not fun.
  • Personally, I'm glad my sub will be up shortly.
    09/27/2016 02:06 PMPosted by Dorblor
    What is CRZ ?

Cross Realm Zones are blizzards bandaid fix on low pop servers. Instead of free moves and forced mergers they would rather use CRZ giving the illusion of high populations with out spending any money on a fix. The downside is you cant trade with them. Also I feel it causes server instability, when more people came back to the game when legion launched I have noticed my server ping climbing, especially in cities. My home ping is always fine around 120 - 135 MS. In the cities or in huge raid BGs like AV for example my ping climbs to 300+MS
    TIL that no server ever is capable of singlehandedly producing a raid-sized group worth of people that want Nalak on a Tuesday.

Are you people just requesting your own servers to be sharded further than they already are?
    09/27/2016 03:37 PMPosted by Simca
    09/27/2016 03:35 PMPosted by Zoreli
    In this thread, people complaining that a massively multiplayer online role-playing game is massively multiplayer.

No. People are confused because CRZ has never before been active on current content.

Pandaria wasn't CRZ'd until 6.0.

Draenor wasn't CRZ'd until 7.0.

We've had a bit of a shift in philosophy here with this expansion; some of this shift was influenced by the implementation of World Quests across Legion content. This would explain why CRZ was turned on for Pandaria with 6.0, but is active in 7.0 content now.

A bit of a larger conversation, part of which doesn't really fit a forum post from myself.

Again, just to reiterate, CRZ is intentional, but it should be not be massively disrupting the world and/or day-to-day activities. Seeing players from other realms is normal, seeing thousands of them, not so much.
    09/27/2016 03:50 PMPosted by Kragle

I don't think you understand why its so annoying then, nor anyone else working there.

I think they understand, but they just don't care. Squeezing us all onto the same servers means they have to spend less money on said servers. They are literally sacrificing player experience in the name of profits. What's worse is that they waited until we all bought the expansion to spring this on us.

But they all think we are stupid, so they are going to continue to tout the "CRZ is so great because look at all the people running around! The world feels alive!" Yeah, no. Only the most ardent of Blizzard fanboys are buying that. If they really cared about combating low server populations, they would link more realms and allow us to trade/guild and have more meaningful permanent interactions with more people, rather than shove us with a bunch of randoms that we will likely never see again all for the illusion of a highly active game. CRZ solves none of the problems that low pop servers face - in fact it makes our crappy economy even worse, because we have more competition for things with people we can't even trade with. And it ruins the more relaxed environment that many of us were willing to deal with the drawbacks of a low pop realm to have.
    Having other players in the world is fantastic. Having 40-50 players from other servers, in addition to my two merged realms worth of players, camping each WQ is not.

Sorry to vent, but it's starting to work my last nerve.
    It makes more sense now why it's happening so much after server restarts. People start logging in, CRZ code says "woah there's hardly any people in this area, TO THE MERGEMOBILE", then goes and takes a nap for 8 hours before realizing "hey i just put too many people together, oopsie-doodle".
    09/27/2016 04:02 PMPosted by Malakina
    It makes more sense now why it's happening so much after server restarts. People start logging in, CRZ code says "woah there's hardly any people in this area, TO THE MERGEMOBILE", then goes and takes a nap for 8 hours before realizing "hey i just put too many people together, oopsie-doodle".

I can't say for sure, but in my head this makes sense.

People are working, at school, or otherwise offline after our maintenance and restarts (Tuesdays, amirite?) - which would, in turn, activate CRZ.
    CRZ is making it really hard to pick herbs, I can't imagine what its like for mining.

Every time I go to pick up a flower on my mini map as I approach the yellow dot it zones out.

Super frustrating.

lolokwhateveryousaybro

Edit: nice EDIT on your posts too.
    We've had a bit of a shift in philosophy here; some of this shift was influenced by the implementation of World Quests across Legion content.

A bit of a larger conversation, part of which doesn't really fit a forum post from myself.

Again, just to reiterate, CRZ is intentional, but it should be not be massively disrupting the world and/or day-to-day activities. Seeing players from other realms is normal, seeing thousands of them, not so much.

Wish i had known this before I purchased Legion!!!

Worst feature I've ever seen them add to this game, and now they did it to current content.

I think i am done...
    09/27/2016 03:59 PMPosted by Ornyx

No. People are confused because CRZ has never before been active on current content.

We've had a bit of a shift in philosophy here with this expansion; some of this shift was influenced by the implementation of World Quests across Legion content. This would explain why CRZ was turned on for Pandaria with 6.0, but is active in 7.0 content now.

Perhaps you guys need to just shut the damn thing off until you can get it figured out. The first week of the Legion release was less crowded than today was.

You guys need to go back to Philosophy 101 then because CRZ in ANY content new or old is just awful. Group finder solves the world quest problem already.
    I play on an Oceanic server and get pings of 40ish in Australia. Sometimes I'm getting CRZed to other servers (happens mostly in Suramar) and my ping jumps up to 200+ (meaning I'm now on a US server).

This is not ideal and should not be happening. I can't force myself to stay on an Oceanic server and I have to log off for ~10 minutes to be ported back to my Oceanic realm.

Could you maybe revisit this philosophy and listen to your playerbase? CRZ is pretty universally hated.

Even if it wasn't as crowded as it is, I would still rather be seeing only people from my own realm. My realm is one of the original, and hasn't really had anything drawing new players, so as a result we tend to have a more mature playerbase. There is a marked difference in the quality of our general chat, and general behaviour of the players when CRZ is active vs when it's not.

It doesn't make sense to group us all together with people we can't complete certain interactions with - like trading or guilds. It also doesn't make sense for seeing our own server to be an absolute minority. If anything, it feels isolating. When CRZ is off, I feel a bigger sense of community because I know I will likely see these same people running around all the time. One of the times CRZ was active, I counted seven other realms we were grouped with. Take an already tiny realm and shove it in with seven others, and you rarely see anyone from your own server. Even amidst a crowd of people, it feels lonely.
    We've had a bit of a shift in philosophy here with this expansion

Shift it back. CRZ in current expansion content is awful, and it explains the drastic resource shortage that everyone not on a mega-realm has been complaining about.