Bring Back Range Slows

Arenas
Druid (Balance), mushrooms on a lower GCD.

Warlock (All), curse of exhaustion.

Shaman (ele), frost shock without using resources, short cd. In an expansion for melee how would you ever Earth Shock when having to keep up FS.

Baseline, no talents.

Trying to cast on a pillaring melee is trash.
"Oh, lemme stun him so I can hit him" rather than ccing the healer.

Where as he has no set up, just charge in a press instant abilities.
Screw you guys.

Druid has dash, stealth, roots, clone, displacer...
Warlock has portal, spammable fear, stuns, horror...
Shaman has knockback, ghost wolf, aoe root totem, slowing totem, near spammable hex...

Meanwhile Spriest is like "I've got dots.... And a fear with a 30 second CD with a negative 3 yard range"

You want a slow? Then Spriest should have their horror, or root, or blink, or invis, etc. You don't know rough life trying to cast in a melee hell until you play Spriest. Juke my damn life away over here just for 1 dot that gets insta cleansed...
09/28/2016 12:54 AMPosted by Kuroshî
Screw you guys.

Druid has dash, stealth, roots, clone, displacer...
Shaman has knockback, ghost wolf, aoe root totem, slowing totem, near spammable hex...

Meanwhile Spriest is like "I've got dots.... And a fear with a 30 second CD with a negative 3 yard range"

You want a slow? Then Spriest should have their horror, or root, or blink, or invis, etc. You don't know rough life trying to cast in a melee hell until you play Spriest. Juke my damn life away over here just for 1 dot that gets insta cleansed...

Spriest DOES need horror back I agree, but I'm mainly talking about slows for the pillar advantage. They do have a mind flay minion so I didn't mention slows for them.

Dash, are you an idiot? Dash with bs shift globals? Dash, bear, cat dash for .1 second, travel, cat dash for another .1 seconds.. sounds good on paper but in reality it doesn't work. Displacer Beast is trash.

Honestly I'm alting spriest and they're the only caster I can kill a dk with, take stun, not fear.. fear breaks too easily. Stun you can bubble sprint away and flay them til they get in kick range. Spriest are fine, you just don't play them well. You don't realize the power of a preist, mass dispel, burst a target and drop blanket silence on healer, 2 seconds prior from silence ending drop your stun on them..

Ele shaman knock back is crap considering EVERY melee has a move to make it irrelevant. Root is pretty cool, but just to heal up to get melee trained again?

Every caster deals with that juke issue. Melee damage is so crazy they don't even need to kick you, the damage trade off is too much in their favor.

Just because what YOU play isn't working for you doesn't mean this post should hurt you feelins, bud. Lmk.

1 portal baseline on a 1:30 CD. Demonic Circle is in the same tree as Sac Pact.
True
Only demo has a baseline stun. Unless you consider that 3 min CD Infernal lmao.
Again Mortal Coil is in the same tree as Demonic Skin

You act like priest are the only one with 0 mobility but they're the strongest caster atm. There's more Spriest above 2k than all 3 warlock specs combined currently. Affy and Destro barely have any utility to compete just damage, weak damage.

Turret playstyle isn't fun at all and i'll give up defensives to actually maneuver around the arena. Also please redesign destro.
frozen ammo?
09/28/2016 05:56 AMPosted by Squintore

1 portal baseline on a 1:30 CD. Demonic Circle is in the same tree as Sac Pact.
True
Only demo has a baseline stun. Unless you consider that 3 min CD Infernal lmao.
Again Mortal Coil is in the same tree as Demonic Skin

You act like priest are the only one with 0 mobility but they're the strongest caster atm. There's more Spriest above 2k than all 3 warlock specs combined currently. Affy and Destro barely have any utility to compete just damage, weak damage.

Yes, I forgot warlock. A soul shared portal on a 45 second cd and gateway being instant with a 1 minute debuff should fair. Locks are the tankiest casters, but tankiest don't mean they even come close to standing toe to toe with any melee.
09/28/2016 05:59 AMPosted by Tedayybear
frozen ammo?

IMO
Disengage, instant damage, no casts and a very short cd on concussive shot. Stun, I think hunters are fine, at least they hang with melee. These I list can't even come close.

Frozen Ammo would mean everything would literally be slowed 24/7 lol. Every auto shot on top of concussive.
So this warlock and I have some pretty reasonable logic within this post and we get down votes, lmao wtf?

This guy mad about his class gays up voted?

Is this general?
give me back my !@#$%^- faerie swarm blizzard
Still remembered those faerie swarm spam back in wod.

Absolutely disgusting.
Just reduce melee uptime instead so we don't go back to MoP of almost everyone rolling around at super sonic speed with a few certain classes being immobile stumps
Bring back rank 1 frostbolt, thnx
09/28/2016 06:05 AMPosted by Spòóky
IMO
Disengage, instant damage, no casts and a very short cd on concussive shot. Stun, I think hunters are fine, at least they hang with melee. These I list can't even come close.

BM hunters are the only spec of hunters that can reliably handle melee atm, and that's because of retard damage from pets, not because they can get away.

Most melee can have about 90% uptime on MM/SV hunters, even more if they're attentive enough to root/stun the disengage/harpoon to stop it in place. Enhance, WW, rogue, DH, feral, Enhance all have a fair chance to RNG dodge our CD based slow as well just by looking at us which is going to be the entire time if we're trying to kite, since that's the reason for kiting.

Frost Mages are pretty much the only ranged spec atm fully equipped to handle melee atm. Fire Mages aren't too bad at it either.
Yeah, melee uptime is insane for how hard they hit, but slows would be nice for melee pillar humping our casts.

Ranged doesn't have the ol mindless melee mechanic, example - stun, press buttons. We have to use our cc for the healer to land a kill or to peel.