HCT LXII: I like dogs.

Hunter
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
Finally got my nelf going on WQs.

And I had forgotten how utterly frustrating having zero buffs to Artifact Research can be: now I just log in to do WQs, get some resources going, check status on research, try to gear up a little, and log out.
Run some time walkers, base ilv is 820, can warforge/titanforge higher. That will power gear your toon up higher so that world quests can drop meaningful upgrades, best part, time walkers have shorter ques than most other dungeon types.
Still doing work for my soloing guide. Finally getting around to testing surv some more. While I wish this was a 4th spec, and will argue to death that old surv should have stayed in some way, this spec seems like it might be possible to solo with for a few reasons.

Flanking strike generates 400% threat for your pet if it doesn't already have agro. Raptor strike can heal you for 30% of the damage it does if you put artifact power into it.

Because of how flanking strike works, you won't need misdirect to give threat to your pet. However, your pet certainly won't be as tanky as BM. In addition, it seems riskier than just sticking to BM in general due to ranged > melee.

Will try to give it a fair shot because I want to do my best to keep all hunters informed. I could see it possibly working on less tank intensive fights and more general damage to the party (AKA the hunter) and healing through it via Raptor Strike.
10/16/2016 12:11 PMPosted by Kabbie
Finally got my nelf going on WQs.

And I had forgotten how utterly frustrating having zero buffs to Artifact Research can be: now I just log in to do WQs, get some resources going, check status on research, try to gear up a little, and log out.
Yeah, that's the main mitigation of me leveling alts... 2 expansions in a row that feel horribly alt-unfriendly.

Edit: In fact... I didn't have a second 100 in WoD till the legion pre-patch.
Soloed Oakheart in Darkheart Thicket earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzUdDkH9GF4&feature=youtu.be

Working on Dresaron next on heroic difficulty.
World quests will unlock account wide in 7.1, so thats a plus, same for the gated dungeons.

Should have been that way on launch....
Sub expires in ~2 days. Still no indication that they're going to address the issues with the ranged specs or the lack of useful pet abilities. Also still miffed that they decided to strip out or gut existing abilities to have enough meaningful legendary effects.
10/16/2016 08:38 AMPosted by Errugan
We raid monday and wed, 8 eastern to 10 eastern.

11am - 1pm tue and thur for me, that can work. RealID is Bright#1462. Probably have like 300ms but I guess that's playable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I agree on the launch thing...

As for reps in general, I think they should add a boa consumable that can be bought at exalted to increase rep gains with that faction by 200%.

Just a thought.
You mean like the rep badges in MOP? Yeah, I miss those.

Another thing I wish they'd introduce is making artifact research gains account wide: all characters on your account start with half the artifact research time of half the research level of your main (re: the toon with the highest level of research). However, once the alts start to exceed the main's level, the research time is reverted to normal.

For example, if my main has 20 research levels, my alts have half the research time until level 10. Once they hit level 11, the research time is reverted to normal.
Top hundred and in many cases top 50 or lower on all but spiderbird on our norm clear tonight as Surv.

Will do dirty things for orange bracers and actual vers gear >.<

As for reps in general, I think they should add a boa consumable that can be bought at exalted to increase rep gains with that faction by 200%.

Atm any rep tokens earned while exalted become account bound.
10/16/2016 08:09 PMPosted by Bright
10/16/2016 08:38 AMPosted by Errugan
We raid monday and wed, 8 eastern to 10 eastern.

11am - 1pm tue and thur for me, that can work. RealID is Bright#1462. Probably have like 300ms but I guess that's playable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just to clarify, that was 8pm eastern to 10 pm eastern
The rep tokens from Withered Army Training are still BOP, I believe.
10/17/2016 07:27 AMPosted by Errugan
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I think they're in Australia or New Zealand from the "8pm Monday = 11 am Tuesday" and "300ms" bits.

Affirmative. 9 hours from now right?

10/17/2016 07:56 AMPosted by Aleyah
I think they're in Australia or New Zealand from the "8pm Monday = 11 am Tuesday" and "300ms" bits.

Correct, we are from the future.
Not sure if I misremembered when my account expires or they snuck a 7 day credit in, but apparently my account is now good through Sunday instead of expiring sometime tomorrow. =o
10/17/2016 07:59 AMPosted by Bright

Affirmative. 9 hours from now right?

10/17/2016 07:56 AMPosted by Aleyah

Correct, we are from the future.

yup, i just wanted to make sure that it didn't interfere with work or sleep, cause theres a time gap involved in 11 am to 1pm and 8pm to 10pm
10/17/2016 08:13 AMPosted by Aleyah
Not sure if I misremembered when my account expires or they snuck a 7 day credit in, but apparently my account is now good through Sunday instead of expiring sometime tomorrow. =o
Means we get to chat with you for just a tad longer now :D
10/17/2016 08:13 AMPosted by Aleyah
Seems like a "one last quickie" after a breakup ploy. Don't fall for it.

In other news, guild is now 6/7 H EN :D We got Xavius to about 60% but a couple of the deeps were a bit sloppy and it was pretty late so we called it.

Here's hoping for AotC next week! :D

Oh, and in other news, I may have a problem with my relatively new addiction to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I just made a draenei WW monk, Starcaller Puratinum... ya know, for the Ora Ora Ora.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5lj1Pgjruo for the uninitiated.