Official: Can't complete raid quests in LFR.

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Source:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20308728

BREAKING NEWS: EMERALD NIGHTMARE RAID QUESTS

With the opening of the first wing of the Emerald Nightmare in Raid Finder difficulty this week, we wanted to mention that the quest items for Essence of Power and In Nightmares do not drop in LFR. The description for these quests will be updated with an upcoming patch and they are meant to be completed on normal difficulty or higher.

Yikes.

For folk who aren't interested in the pug life and who aren't on a dedicated raid team, this is bad news.

I am on a dedicated raid team, but I had spent some time reassuring some friends who only poke their heads into LFR that they may be able to complete these quests.

I can see opinions on this going both ways; most are for cosmetic rewards, after all. What are your thoughts?
Content difficulty shouldn't matter for quests.
Aren't those just the quests for the artifact skin? If so that makes sense to me, I have no problem putting cosmetics behind higher difficulties.
IF (and only IF) this is limited to the cosmetic item quests, I'm fine with it.

If they do it to 'The Stuff of Dreams' (for Good Suramaritan), I think it's wrong.

This is coming from someone on a dedicated raid team...it's just not fair to force people to do real raids for flying. Let them do their LFR and be done with it.
Provided it's only for cosmetic rewards then I don't think there's too much of an issue. Yes, it does suck to stick content behind gates, but there's enough gear out there in the world that people should be able to meet the requirements for groups in the group finder.

Provided that the other things that involve raids should be able to be completed in LFR, then I don't believe there's too much trouble in locking a few cosmetic rewards in regular raids--particularly if you only need to complete it on normal.
09/27/2016 11:10 AMPosted by Darkoo
Aren't those just the quests for the artifact skin? If so that makes sense to me, I have no problem putting cosmetics behind higher difficulties.

...wasn't this what a lot of people asked for? That they aren't forced into higher content to get gear, and that other than stronger versions of said gear, only cosmetics existed in higher difficulties?

It's just a skin. It's cosmetic.
I think its ridiculous to lock QUESTS behind specific raid difficulties but there's nothing I can do about it. Bad call on this IMO Blizz.
I am very curious to hear their reasoning behind this change. In previous expansions you could do all quests in LFR - even for legendaries. Why the sudden change that you now have to do normal or higher?
I don't like it.

Thankfully my guild is raiding (slowly) on Normal, but it's a big change from the last 2 expansions. We've been taught that raid quests can be done in LFR. Doesn't seem right, there are people with time budgets, or awkward play times who wont be able to raid.
Dedicated raid team here.

Quests should not be gated behind difficulty, save for cosmetic stuff. Really, really hope that's the case here.

Edit; Gross, just read it. Those quests ONLY reward skins, yeah? Skins are fine. Nothing else is, though.
09/27/2016 11:07 AMPosted by Starien
Source:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20308728

Yikes.

For folk who aren't interested in the pug life and who aren't on a dedicated raid team, this is bad news.

I am on a dedicated raid team, but I had spent some time reassuring some friends who only poke their heads into LFR that they may be able to complete these quests.

I can see opinions on this going both ways; most are for cosmetic rewards, after all. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for this. I noticed this when i did the first LFR wing, however i'm in a raiding group. So i'm fine with this
Well a lot of ppl are going to be upset now, don't know why blizz preferred this approach
As someone with alts, i'm not fine with this. It may just be cosmetic, but I like to earn things on more than just my main. This may be the most alt unfriendly xpac they've produced.
I'd be more fine with it if Blizzard would've put the difficulty requirement in the quest log instead of letting me go into LFR and then bumble around trying to figure out why the quest item didn't drop off the boss when the map was clearly marked I was in the right place.

Cosmetics for the higher difficulties is fine. But good grief fix the tooltips so people don't waste their time please!
Cosmetics are fine to be reserved for real raiders, just don't lock flying behind this.
09/27/2016 11:16 AMPosted by Wariya
Well a lot of ppl are going to be upset now, don't know why blizz preferred this approach

So idiots don't get rewarded by autoattacking a boss and afking.
09/27/2016 11:14 AMPosted by Napayshni
I am very curious to hear their reasoning behind this change. In previous expansions you could do all quests in LFR - even for legendaries. Why the sudden change that you now have to do normal or higher?

Reasoning: Lfr is tourist mode?
09/27/2016 11:07 AMPosted by Starien

It's a cosmetic reward for a PvE Prestige skin.

It's fine that it requires Normal+ to complete.

09/27/2016 11:11 AMPosted by Galbsadi
If they do it to 'The Stuff of Dreams' (for Good Suramaritan), I think it's wrong.

The link specifies the quests for the Artifact cosmetic skin.

Loremaster should be completable in LFR by all means, it would be ridiculous otherwise.
So I won't waste my time with LFR tonight. I'll just try to find a pug to do a normal raid with. GG Blizzard
Meh, I bought a month of game time to test the new stuff and reading things like this makes me happy I didn't buy Legion.

Also WTH they did with Hunters? They are really boring to play now.