The Nightfallen Rep Grind

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I've never encountered such as annoying zone combined with an annoying rep grind. Will they just add a rep tabard at some point? Got my DH Revered now my Resto Druid is at friendly and this is by the far the least enjoyable thing in Legion.
It's horrible, boring, grindy and it sucks. I am only working on it for the sake of pathfinder.

Also no tabard until exalted which defeats the point.
Personally, I think the MoP rep system would be great.

The Wrath notion of 5-man dungeons being a one-stop shop for every single freaking thing was a bad notion. Rep, Emblems, Gear, Gold, Mats...all just from one place? Nah. Spread the love out some.

edit: Also, this is by far NOT the worst rep grind ever. Not even close.
starting to realize i am in the minority of liking suramar.
I'm just kinda avoiding Suramar in general right now, aside from WQ. Everything I've heard about it makes it seem....well.... not fun.

I'm sure start the rep grind eventually.
i like the questing alot in Suramar but this rep grind is !@#$ing bogus my 4th 110 character im im already dreading having to grind rep to access the last two dungeons
I like the questing, not the time gates in between.
You guys haven't played very long, have you? The NF quests are all pretty easy, frequent and done in one of the coolest zones in the game. I'm already 19k/21k to exalted. Nothing like the rep grinds of old. Sorry you can't be exalted a month into the expansion, you'll just have to work at it for a few weeks.
I like Suramar City, you can tell it's a tribute to the Assassin's Creed series.
I really don't consider this rep to be all that bad to be honest. I got to honored just doing the quests and a few WQs. I'm now half way to revered from doing WQs and haven't even really thought about it. I haven't even made it a point to do every single world quest I can for them. I'm doing four when the emissary cache is for them, withered training to try to get my hidden artifact skin, and then just the WQs that have rewards I want.

In this regard I'd say its one or the more tolerable reputations to raise in the game as you can back burner it and get the rep doing things you'd normally do.

Any grind seems awful when you're sole purpose is to complete it and only it.
delete
I don't mind the way we are grinding reps in Legion. It can be a little unfriendly to alts, but I can't think of one grind style that was alt friendly except the tabard system mentioned above. This is definitely better than WoD rep grinding. MoP grinding was a bit faster, but entailed running several hours of dailies going from zone to zone. Legion is close to that except you get the emissary boosts.

Now Nightfallen rep is a bit of a grind. You need to do all the WQ you can there to make the most potential progress. Things that help are doing every quest chain in the area (yes not all give rep, but you want loremaster anyways), as well as activating all the leylunes and portals.
It's not as bad as Ogri'la, which I am still stuck on friendly at, because that Simon game can jump off a cliff.

I can tell you what rep grind was fun for me:

1. All the farm people in MoP. That was fun. I miss that whole cooking/farming thing completely. If I wanted to mindlessly fly around and pick up mounds of dirt, I could, and that was a blast...or I could just do the dailies to lazily grind up. I'm disappointed that the Dreamgrove only has the 2 plots of dirt, but I guess I'm ok we at least got something that reminded me of the farm.

2. The Scryers/Aldor rep. So many different ways to get things to turn in. Some worth more than others.

3. Shen'dralar. I cussed it so much when I was doing it, but now I miss flying around looking for the Bloods of Heros. I guess it was the same mechanic as the dirt piles in MoP.

4. I did enjoy the Firelands patch, and the Molten Front, but that's because they kept it at almost the perfect speed of progression to personal satisfaction.
09/27/2016 01:33 PMPosted by Sniperstrike
Yea, it's fun to do those Suramar quests the first time in the city, dodging all the detection patrols and whatnot, but after 2 or 3 weeks, it gets REALLY OLD.

I'd rather just do 3 or 4 boring dailies every day for like 1000 Rep like all the past Expansion rep grinds were. Just to add them as a daily chore to knock out asap so I can get on with my more favorite parts of the game.

This Nightfallen rep takes up a lot of game time when I'd rather be doing dungeons or raids or fun World Quests.

How does it get "old"? After 2 or 3 weeks you are a real pro at it. You know the paths, you know the tips, like running through the canals when possible, and you figure out where the baskets are to hide in, or where the next grapple hook is. Suramar City is fun, especially after you have some decent gear :)
Yea, it's fun to do those Suramar quests the first time in the city, dodging all the detection patrols and whatnot, but after 2 or 3 weeks, it gets REALLY OLD.

I'd rather just do 3 or 4 boring dailies every day for like 1000 Rep like all the past Expansion rep grinds were. Just to add them as a daily chore to knock out asap so I can get on with my more favorite parts of the game.

This Nightfallen rep takes up a lot of game time when I'd rather be doing dungeons or raids or fun World Quests.
Oh god how many dozens of times I have died in that stupid city. I wish they would remove those stealth seeing guards.

09/27/2016 01:28 PMPosted by Imoltan
starting to realize i am in the minority of liking suramar.
An illusion? What are you hiding!?

Who goes there!?

Somethings not quite right!
09/27/2016 01:21 PMPosted by Invierno
I've never encountered such as annoying zone combined with an annoying rep grind. Will they just add a rep tabard at some point? Got my DH Revered now my Resto Druid is at friendly and this is by the far the least enjoyable thing in Legion.

Be honest though, is this really worse than Netherwing rep grinding?
I hit Exalted a while ago. It's not hard or annoying at all, and I anticipate it'll get easier in 7.1 when they add a new Suramar chapter.
09/27/2016 01:25 PMPosted by Derkholmes
I think the MoP rep system would be great.

You want Emperor Shaohao rep grinds more often, cause that's how you get them. Nightfallen isnt as bad.
09/27/2016 01:38 PMPosted by Vlandrina

How does it get "old"? After 2 or 3 weeks you are a real pro at it. You know the paths, you know the tips, like running through the canals when possible, and you figure out where the baskets are to hide in, or where the next grapple hook is. Suramar City is fun, especially after you have some decent gear :)

First toon is Altair/Batman jumping roofs, second is a landborne druid that doesn't have the self sustain as a tank that my DH does, making the elites suck.