If Mythics were in LFD would you run them?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
If the reward was worth it, maybe a daily that gives double the heoric dungeon one. I dont run mythic anymore, only focus on mythic+ so it would give me a reason to do them again.
I might but I only say that because I am not 100% sure what I am missing by not doing them other than gear. If it is just a straight gear thing I am missing out then no, I wouldn't bother.

I have never done dungeons for gear and wouldn't start doing them for that reason now.
I probably would. To be honest, the LFG system isn't that much different than Dungeon Finder is now. You have some modicum of control by being selective from different applicants, but you still don't really know who you're getting.

You could put some kind of gating into it, like maybe they have to have cleared it at least once through the LFG tool, so that way you at least know they've seen it, even if they may have been carried.

I recall when people were first going through WoD Heroics, they were a bit rough at times - I experienced many a wipe on Grimrail Depot, with people not picking up ammo or hiding behind cover. Hell, I remember people beating their heads against Heroic Blood Furnace and Shattered Halls.

I think having that option for people is at least giving them that option, if they want to beat against it because it's difficult to do with a group of total unknowns, then that's their prerogative. As long as both options exist, there shouldn't be any harm in it. For those who want to go with premades, it would still be there, for those who want to yolo, that would be there too.
09/28/2016 11:26 AMPosted by Monglo
I see alot of posts of people unhappy with being rejected constantly while trying to run mythics. People say they are "Easy" so if they are so easy why can't we just queue for them the same way we queue for heroics? Keep the MYthic+ out of LFD and it should be fine.

Anyways just curious how many people who don't run mythic content would run it if you could queue for it?

I'm not sure.

You see, the main reason I want to run Mythics is because some rewards and quests I want are in there.

And, the main reason those are in there is because Blizzard wants those rewards to be unavailable via LFD.

So: if Mythics were moved to LFD, most or all of those rewards would be moved to Mythic+. Otherwise, the whole point of Blizzard putting them into Mythics to begin with would be lost.

Once that happend, I do not know if Mythics would have any rewards I cared about, so I just do not know if I would run them.

(The only exception I'm aware of is Karazhan. That's an upcoming Mythic-only dungeon. If I could run that via a queue, I would, even with no rewards at all, out of pure nostalgia.)
No, because I'm a Disc priest who likes queueing as DPS and I wouldn't torture complete strangers with my choices. (Heck, I've turned down friends wanting me to heal a Heroic. I just won't do it. So even though I have 4 dead-end quests in Mythics, and wouldn't mind seeing the dungeon and the fights, it's not going to happen.)
09/28/2016 11:37 AMPosted by Bubel
They definitely aren't easy enough to be lfd content.

I believe that. And I can't tell what is more sad the fact that is an actual thing or the fact that I have simply accepted it.
It wouldn't matter. Mythics are still hard for most people. One mistake and you can wipe the entire group.
I see alot of posts of people unhappy with being rejected constantly while trying to run mythics. People say they are "Easy" so if they are so easy why can't we just queue for them the same way we queue for heroics? Keep the MYthic+ out of LFD and it should be fine.

Anyways just curious how many people who don't run mythic content would run it if you could queue for it?

If there was an attunement requirement of doing a successful mythic outside of LFD first, sure. I'd at least want to know they are capable. But having the option to queue up for it would be fantastic.
People say they are "Easy" so if they are so easy why can't we just queue for them the same way we queue for heroics? K

The moment you can queue for something people act like they should be able to walk all over the content no matter how unprepared they are or how poorly they play, which turns easy content into a nightmare for anyone trapped with those people. Mythics are easy, but they're not so easy that LFD could handle them without getting really upset, which would lead to angry players, mythic nerfs, or both.
I run them already, but yes I'd run them a lot more.
09/28/2016 12:21 PMPosted by Jofurr
To be honest, the LFG system isn't that much different than Dungeon Finder is now. You have some modicum of control by being selective from different applicants, but you still don't really know who you're getting.

Dungeon Finder has gotten me, as a melee/close-range healer, into groups with four other melee players. It's gotten me into groups with no melee DPS (and thus few interrupts).

That's just one example of how the Group Finder is generally a superior option.

There's also a completely different mentality attached to the queue. It's like night and day. WoW has cultivated the idea that if you can get into it just by queuing, you don't need to worry very much about the mechanics of the instance on the other side of that queue.

There's a reason LFR groups ignore the chat warnings by the Normal+ or Dungeon-Journal-reading players to "GET OUT OF THE TREE!".
I won't run them if I can't queue for them.

LFD or no-go.
09/28/2016 12:21 PMPosted by Eilethalua
No, because I'm a Disc priest who likes queueing as DPS and I wouldn't torture complete strangers with my choices. (Heck, I've turned down friends wanting me to heal a Heroic. I just won't do it. So even though I have 4 dead-end quests in Mythics, and wouldn't mind seeing the dungeon and the fights, it's not going to happen.)

During MoP I would queue heroics as a Ret healer, and I could preform the role fine too. Selfless healer, WoG, and Holy Prism could be made to go a long way. I'm not sure if that says more about MoP heroics, or MoP Ret.
09/28/2016 11:30 AMPosted by Sabyrr

I MIGHT try a mythic dungeon if it was in the dungeon finder and I was properly geared. If I failed miserably it would be my only mythic dungeon. I strongly suspect I am not able to perform at that level given my disabilities. Without dungeon finder it is not worth torturing myself to find out if I can do them.

Very much this for me, too.
09/28/2016 11:37 AMPosted by Bubel
They definitely aren't easy enough to be lfd content. People would wipe repeatedly and complain about the difficulty and start yelling and blaming others. I've been in groups that have wiped on heroic content because they tried going too fast or got over confident, mythic would chew those people up and spit them out.

I've only done one mythic, work has been crazy lately, but from what I saw it was no worse than trying to do cata heroics, or the troll heroic speed runs for the bear mount, and I have participated in both. It's like anything else. If you get a good group it should be no trouble, if you get a bad group it won't be fun. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be a lfd system for people that want to roll that particular set of dice.
I'd play mythics/raid day and night if I could GET INTO THEM. It's not even about difficulty/gear etc. Just simple lack of access. I'm NOT going to sit around for hours/days (and yes, days) either looking for/waiting for tanks/heals. Sure, in six months supply/demand might lvl out. I'll resub in six months and find out. Join a guild? Guess what, doesn't work unless you're core. Really peeved you can't even quest effectively without LFG, even if you're WITH A GROUP!!!!!! (but not in a party/raid). The premade system and focus on total group experience is going to cause millions of unsubs fast. I have, and I've resisted unsubbing through almost every rage inducing thing they've done over the years. I'll peek in in about six months and see what's happening......
09/28/2016 12:29 PMPosted by Mildríðr
During MoP I would queue heroics as a Ret healer, and I could preform the role fine too. Selfless healer, WoG, and Holy Prism could be made to go a long way. I'm not sure if that says more about MoP heroics, or MoP Ret.

MoP heroics

I queued as a Shadow priest and just soloed the instance.
09/28/2016 12:29 PMPosted by Mildríðr
I'm not sure if that says more about MoP heroics, or MoP Ret.

MoP heroics were hardly difficult, but on the other hand, Ret did have some pretty damn good off-healing. I remember healing early Zandalari Warbringer groups the same way.

09/28/2016 12:34 PMPosted by Slickmick
I'd play mythics/raid day and night if I could GET INTO THEM. It's not even about difficulty/gear etc. Just simple lack of access. I'm NOT going to sit around for hours/days (and yes, days) either looking for/waiting for tanks/heals.

Days looking for tanks and healers? Sorry, you've tripped my BS alert.

09/28/2016 12:34 PMPosted by Slickmick
Join a guild? Guess what, doesn't work unless you're core

Man, even the mass-invite guild I joined in MoP for the perks was doing guild raids (on a server that soon had to be merged with another). That's a weak excuse.
Just last night, doing my daily Heroic for "quick" (those quotes are important) daily AP (1200 at AK5), I saw a Balance druid doing 40k DPS.

I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't queue'd into normal.

On top of that, the Hunter grabbed the light on Cordana and proceeded to do exactly NONE of the Light mechanics (no patch clearing, no Vengeance lighting up, no wall gap finding).

So while I survived the walls by paying attention to Creeping Doom casts, DPSing Cordana through Vengeance's shield was impossible. Add to that the Healer and 40k DPS Druid just bumping repeatedly against the wall... I ended up, AS THE TANK, doing the Light...

So much for "quick" AP. *sigh*.
Yes, of course I would. I actually like using LFD.