Destro Weapon

Warlock
Hopefully they replace it with a trait that grants actual leech to Soul Leech.
09/25/2016 11:57 PMPosted by Grumpledorf
Locks don't need more pruning, we already don't have circle baseline.

They should prune life tap cause screw that spell
If you're pvping as destro there is something very wrong with you when aff is so broke in pvp
09/26/2016 12:57 PMPosted by Syrune
If you're pvping as destro there is something very wrong with you when aff is so broke in pvp

Destro works fantastic in PvP. Don't tag on it because you're bad with it.
Take away Drain life for Destro and replace with Ember Tap.
I don't know about you guys but I end up using drain life a lot

Doing solo open world content with grimoire of sacrifice means no tank pet, and no tank pet means I lose 70% of my health in the process of killing the 4 mobs I pulled. Sometimes I pull too much and channeling drain life is the only thing that prevented me from dying.
Am I the only one who LIKES having Drain Life? It's saved me in PvE while I've had to Health Funnel my minion (especially useful for Ritual of Doom), it gives me a chance to recover health when I don't have any cannibalise targets, and on Nythendra it gave me a chance to quickly get my health back above 70% while I was a distance from the healers (who were trying to patch up people who were getting clobbered with damage), before getting back into my rotation.

It may not pour out DPS by the truckload, but that's not the point of it. It's a useful tool in out arsenal - so why complain about the one repeatable self-healing ability we have? :-s

PS:- Having said that - having it as a requirement to reach a Gold upgrade on our artifact weapon (the point of the thread), is still pretty meh. So I definitely agree with that.
Someone brought up that losing drain life for demo/destro is likely a bug, since the spell replaces shadowbolt for affliction, and they are trying to give sb back to every spec. on the ptr if you copy your character, you have shadowbolt wherever you had drain life on your bar.

So I wouldn't worry too much about it disappearing unless they announce something, it's such a core warlock skill that to take it away at this point would be pretty weird.
09/26/2016 01:04 PMPosted by Horrlock
09/26/2016 12:57 PMPosted by Syrune

Destro works fantastic in PvP. Don't tag on it because you're bad with it.

Your idea of "fantastic" actually annoys me.
09/25/2016 02:12 PMPosted by Fingoifin
Why in the world does our weapon have so many talents for DRAIN LIFE?

Blizzard saw this and went "Haha fk u"
Having the artifact traits (Devourer of Life/Eternal Struggle) in impossible to avoid places on the tree is the worst call. Having them in optional places for those who might think they're useful would be at least a reasonable alternative.

For DL, I have to say I don't think it has any value in a group setting except for helping to offset some damage if your healers are taxed, but it's not a DPS spell, it's a utility spell, which makes Devourer of Life all the more confusing. It's invaluable in solo-content and useful in PVP as well. I would hate to have it removed for these reasons, but spending all that AP to buff solo content is.. unnecessary, and it could easily be something put on the PVP talents if you want to provide it to those players. It's lame for this artifact talent to be required (to get the major trait Conflagration of Chaos), especially as we're all trying to unlock all 3 major traits.

For Life Tap.. I can count on one hand the number of times I've used it in 2 weeks or more. It's just not something that should have a place on the artifact tree. It might need to be addressed that Reverse Entropy is so strong as a passive that it's practically required and it doubly makes Life Tapping unnecessary. Isn't what Blizzard does these days to just make the "required" talents baseline and remove the errant ability from that spec? Seems like one of those situations (even though I'm staunchly against more pruning--This complaint is merely because of the artifact trait, mind you). Who in their right mind wants to use a GCD to get mana back when you can endlessly cast your rotation with the passive talent?

IMHO make that whole second tier baseline and think up some more interesting talents. Destro could use a little AoE buff and Cataclysm would help. Mana tap could be turned into an actual DPS+ cooldown since we don't have one of those. The mana tap/life tap build is just so unappealing right now when compared to the constant flow of Reverse Entropy. I'd love to get more opinions on this though.
I have that problem with it too. There is a large DPS boost trait that is off the main path (boost to Imp / Sacrifice damage) but three utility traits are unavoidable no matter what path you choose if you want the golden traits. Also you need 26 points minimum (27 if you get the Imp boost trait) to get all 3 golden traits.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the highest of any class?
I like that we have drain life and hope we get to keep it if they're going to continue shove life tap down our throats. Even then I still rarely use it.

That being said, it's hardly part of our spec fantasy in a way that should be taking up artifact traits. To me it's a utility spell like banish, fear, healthstone, etc. and not a defining spell/major part of destro rotations.

Same for the demonic gateway trait. Like... why do we have zero traits for conflag (aside from our mediocre gold trait)? A special 1 point trait is taken up by demonic gateway? SOOOOOO many things we could do that wouldn't be super op.

Have life/mana tap eat into absorbs before HP/mana (or maybe absorbs take up a % of the damage/mana drain)
Allow your imp/doomguard to cleave your havoc'd targets
Increase the radius of rain of fire
Reduce the recharge time on dimensional rift
Increase the duration of immolate

Honestly the one off encounters that I do use demonic gateway, I've never once wished i had increased movement speed afterwards. Blizz plz.
I hope they dont remove drain life from destro, We already lost so much !@#$ as it is.
10/12/2016 03:59 PMPosted by Ésdeath
Honestly the one off encounters that I do use demonic gateway, I've never once wished i had increased movement speed afterwards. Blizz plz.

I've taken to running Demonology so that artifact upgrade doesn't affect me anymore, but it is certainly an odd choice and one I'm still not sure about. In times where I do use Gateway during combat (like testing the spell's viability during Heroic Ursoc last night, for example), I use it to get from A to B... not A to A-and-a-half + run a bit.
Heck, because of the cast time, any speed boost I would get at the end is effectively negated because I spent so.much time casting, then waiting for the exit to arrive, then clicking on the entrance, and waiting for my character to show up on the other side.
10/12/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Mullokad
I hope they dont remove drain life from destro, We already lost so much !@#$ as it is.

Drain Life is back on the PTR. Was likely only removed due to some mistake.