Frostmourne... yeah sucks to be horde

Oceanic General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
There is no fun in 20 vs. 1 world PVP, and having 3min+ respawn timers doing world content just to finish one world quest is beyond a joke.

If any other horde are in the same boat and sick to hell of the faction imbalance of this server (70/30 last check in favor of alliance, although it feels like 95/5 most the time) and are hoping for some free transfers to open up to make life happier again i have some bad news.

I only post this because most times i am at a world quest i end up having a conversation with another solitary horde who is feeling the same and just over it, maybe this info will help others wondering what the deal is according to a GM.

Conversation with GM > http://imgur.com/gallery/kP1Pv

Key notes from this discussion
- Bliz only monitor population, not faction balance - this means that even if a server was 100% one faction they wouldn't be worried.
- We will never get free transfers off as horde, rather they will offer any horde stupid enough to leave their current server a free transfer to our hell. (or offer alliance a transfer off what must be pure bliss for them.. why would they leave?)
- Unless we pay money for server changes (x10 toons.. not happening) or a faction change (yuck) our only FREE option for a chance at enjoying the content on a PVP server with a good population split is re-rolling on a different server.

So either i spend more money on this game then i have already over the past 10 years or i just call it quits, I will be going with the latter unless things miraculously improve before the end of this moths sub.
Yeah its a bit of a joke. World content can go from fun to just giving up hope.
Same deal for alliance on Dreadmaul. First time I've ever thought about transferring to a PvE server.
Im thinking about transferring from NA but cannot decide whether to join FrostMourne or Barthilias. I main alliance in the past but have some low levels on barthilias as horde. The population on frostmourne is much higher though. Thoughts?
09/29/2016 12:15 AMPosted by Joshknight
Im thinking about transferring from NA but cannot decide whether to join FrostMourne or Barthilias. I main alliance in the past but have some low levels on barthilias as horde. The population on frostmourne is much higher though. Thoughts?

You're fine if you play Alliance, I used my boost on Frostmourne and while lvling from 100 to 101 I spent more time dead than lvling, it's hell for horde, back to being a PVE wimp for me.
Its funny your guild has the word gankstorm in it and your crying about getting ganked. I guess you dont like getting a taste of your own medicine
09/29/2016 01:32 AMPosted by Feloriani
Its funny your guild has the word gankstorm in it and your crying about getting ganked. I guess you dont like getting a taste of your own medicine

Do you need special shoes or cloths when you go winter walking? I have considered doing it before, but it gets quite cold where i am from so that puts me off.

Go alliance if you move to frostmourne, the world will be yours :)
Last night was my first time experiencing this imbalance... Idk how Alliance players could actually feel any sense of accomplishment from world PvP given that their go-to strategy is to 5v1 you at any given chance.

With that said, i've found the Aussie servers are more often the dckhead servers so regardless of faction it's always been a bit meh.
Try every other server @Sharteal. How do you think alliance feel on nearly every other oceanic server? You get off a Flight Path in legion to get gibbed by a swarm of horde with nothing better to do then camp a Flight Path. This is probably why Blizzard don't allow group transfers, otherwise most people would bail of these poor ratio servers.
09/29/2016 09:44 PMPosted by Aesthetica
Last night was my first time experiencing this imbalance... Idk how Alliance players could actually feel any sense of accomplishment from world PvP given that their go-to strategy is to 5v1 you at any given chance.

With that said, i've found the Aussie servers are more often the dckhead servers so regardless of faction it's always been a bit meh.

Well, in my server there is usually 20 -1 horde-alliance. That's why I rolled this rogue. If they attack me I can just vanish. Lots of dckheads on horde side too.

I'd suggest blizzard could balance the servers by making people queue if there is more than 5-1 faction imbalance.
I generally leave horde alone as they are usually doing WQs and such..... occasionally i /shoo when im trying to collect a herb or fish
10/01/2016 08:01 AMPosted by Rapacity
Try every other server @Sharteal. How do you think alliance feel on nearly every other oceanic server? You get off a Flight Path in legion to get gibbed by a swarm of horde with nothing better to do then camp a Flight Path. This is probably why Blizzard don't allow group transfers, otherwise most people would bail of these poor ratio servers.

I had imagined that people (horde or alliance) on any other imbalanced server felt the same as it did, and would be having a similar experience. My post was in no way intended to make you feel like you couldn't have the same crap faction imbalance experiences on your server.
10/01/2016 09:25 AMPosted by Skeud
09/29/2016 09:44 PMPosted by Aesthetica

Well, in my server there is usually 20 -1 horde-alliance. That's why I rolled this rogue. If they attack me I can just vanish. Lots of dckheads on horde side too.

I'd suggest blizzard could balance the servers by making people queue if there is more than 5-1 faction imbalance.

Good call it is the safest class by far in this scenario, especially given you can tag a mob then vanish and watch from a safe distance while a bunch of the opposite faction kill it off. It does suck that we are pigeon holed into picking a class to suit our server faction balance though, i would love to play my mage again but its just not going to be viable for world content or questing.
We'll iv actually never been ganked.. im more ganking other alli scrubs.. if you ever want to gank with me or somthing wisper me :) im currently leveling up a undead rogue so yeah :D
09/29/2016 12:51 AMPosted by Narull

You're fine if you play Alliance, I used my boost on Frostmourne and while lvling from 100 to 101 I spent more time dead than lvling, it's hell for horde, back to being a PVE wimp for me.

Barti is horde dominated, frosty for alliance domination... Dreadmaul is good for either ... most of the time there aren't too many ganking scrubs on either side.

Bring back DK's - no not death knights... Dishonorable kills... make a new system where if you gank someone in battle or below your level you lose honor/lose honor talents and things will be much more peaceful unless you go full mexican standoff.
I played Thaurissan Alliance during Wrath... was far far worse but yah, it sucks.
What inspired you to play horde on frostmourne in the first place? Surely you must know how skewed the ratio is?
10/09/2016 04:10 AMPosted by Shootdacops
What inspired you to play horde on frostmourne in the first place? Surely you must know how skewed the ratio is?

I started playing Frostmourne the instant oceanic servers were released, because 40ms vs. 280ms was a no-brainer for me as i used to be heavily into PVP. I transferred all my main characters over with 95% of my gold, and the heirlooms in their inventory etc.

The faction balance never used to be this bad, felt almost 50/50 to be honest.. but has over time become very skewed for whatever reasons until its gotten to this point of 'very challenging' and 'time consuming' to do any world content.

I like the world content, but i have decided that instanced content is the only way i can keep enjoying (some of) legions content. My frustration levels have dropped considerably since making that decision, and i am starting to enjoy my play time again - but it is sad that i miss out on all the world quest goodies for the most part.
You might want to check out Barthilas, it's much more tilted towards horde.