Havoc nerfs

Demon Hunter
The thing that bothers me the most about these changes is the fact that Blizzard said they wouldn't do this. Their recent stream discussed how they specifically would not make such reactionary changes, yet they still go ahead and do it.

No, they said they wouldn't be changing specs enough that other specs of that class would begin outperforming it. DH doesn't have another DPS spec, so they can nerf us as much as they want without breaking that promise.
honestly I considered Havoc quite balanced guess we had to many no know nothings complaining.

Do people even consider the gear dps factor?

I mean clearly a guy/gal doing heroic dg with 840+ will run circles around the people at 810
Man, this is just overkill. Our AoE damage was way too strong, I agree, but our already middle tier single target damage just got massively nerfed. I'm not sure what they were thinking nerfing Bloodlet twice in one patch. RIP, you will never be forgotten.
I was having fun with my DH.
Leveling was fun because I never struggled.
Now they pull this !@#$.
GJ blizzard, Never thinking about the customer.
I have a terrible feeling we'll get buffed via chaos strike and demon's bite. That'll only make pvp burst worse, and we'll get another 10% off our primary in PvP to compensate.
Poor ST.

Average AOE now.

Bad Scaling.

Low Survivability.

Worst Talent Tree.

We got hit hard to appease the whiners in this community because that is what they have always done.

Rogue, WW, Mage, Hunter....largely untouched and they already out performed us with better scaling.
My god. Way to NERF our already !@#$ty single target dps. 3 weeks into the expansion and you make the Hero class next lvl garbage.
i think the nerf is a little over the top... looks like pretty heavy handed guesswork - nothing precise or calculated about it at all. Guess well have to wait and see what happens.
Kind of heavy handed right before Mythic opens up. I don't raid for progression anymore but I do feel bad for any top server pushing guild who committed one or two spots to Havoc. They are now scrambling so close to Mythic raids opening up. Normally this wouldn't be a problem because alts would be leveled and geared but artifacts kind of prevent that from happening.
Well in instanced PvP Fury of the Illidari will be doing the same damage as before (maybe a tiny bit more actually...) While the warglaives nerf hurt, just switch to first blood and all is mostly fine!

It's the PvE-ers that will hurt from these changes D:

RIP My raiding dreams
09/23/2016 08:29 PMPosted by Paypae
Kind of heavy handed right before Mythic opens up. I don't raid for progression anymore but I do feel bad for any top server pushing guild who committed one or two spots to Havoc. They are now scrambling so close to Mythic raids opening up. Normally this wouldn't be a problem because alts would be leveled and geared but artifacts kind of prevent that from happening.

Any serious mythic group won't have any Havoc Dh on their first clears. Our AoE niche is gone, might as well put a WW monk in the same spot and have higher ST.
Even so, might as well have an Arms warrior or hunter in that raid spot.
09/23/2016 08:32 PMPosted by Typheous
Our AoE niche is gone, might as well put a WW monk in the same spot and have higher ST.

I switched from my 850 WW to DH because I found DH a bit more enjoyable to play. At least now I can switch back and gain a tiny bit of progress since my monk has more AP and AP research.
rekt
These changes are a relief. I hated Bloodlet to be honest.
This means you need Crit/Mastery to actually see what you can do with the class. This will also weed out the fotm club.
09/23/2016 08:02 PMPosted by Zholik
09/23/2016 07:35 PMPosted by Browniebite
Demon Hunter

Havoc
Throw Glaive damage reduced by 30%.

Fel Mastery (Talent) damage bonus to Fel Rush reduced to 30%.

Bloodlet (Talent) now deals 100% of initial Throw Glaive damage.

Fury of the Illidari (Artifact Ability) damage reduced by 20%.
Note: See below for for additional PvP tuning adjustments to Fury of the Illidari.

Balanced Blades (Artifact Trait) damage bonus to Blade Dance reduced to 3% per target.

I think they over did it. I understand doing some reduction on Throw Glaive OR Bloodlet, but both is a massive reduction in DPS considering how high it usually is. I think what's upsetting is they had no notes for Windwalker who was just as potent in 5 mans as us.

We got our nerf already on Tuesday

So did we with changes to Fel Barrage.
Patch notes summary:

Havoc specialization removed from the game until patch 7.2.
Vengeance specialization removed from the game until patch 7.2.
Silver lining is I'm about to see a lot less of our kind in dungeons. Felt like such a conformist for rolling the expac class.

I do really want AP and Guild Hall progression to be transferred to alts though. Feeling like I can't escape my spec is going to make me unsub sooner than later.
Ya make a new class get us to like it even though the single target isn't even top 10 imo and cut it into pieces blizzard what would be wrong with just buffing the really trash classes and leaving the ones that are right where they should be... hmm only makes sense I could care less about aoe there's ways to goof with that but come on make our single target at least what it was which was mediocre
What Blizz should do is hold off on doing anything with Demon Hunters and see how they compare after all the buffs have gone out to the other classes. I think Demon Hunters will still shine in burst AoE, but I think we'll be mid to low-mid in single target.