Preach was right, tanking in legion is boring

General Discussion
Title says it all. Tanking is garbage in legion, and I regret allowing my guildies to talk me into tanking for them. Ive been around since vanilla and tanking raids since TBC, and I am here to say..... its garbo. I would reroll dps, but I'm not spending another 400 hours on this game redoing everything I just did. I will continue to progress through heroic EN, and as other guildies start leaving the game, I will be right behind them. BTW, I rolled a brewmaster.... And I have a vengeance DH @ 850, ugh. I've played every tanking spec in legion and ugh....
Blizz tried to reinvent the wheel and failed. ITS BORING BLIZZARD, IT WASNT BORING BEFORE YOU MADE IT BORING, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????
Windwalker is fun and I'm pretty sure havoc is too. Get the weapons to 13 or so, not much investment and see if you like that. Tanking might just not be your thing anymore.
While I just did normal dungeons on my pally (lvl 104) I found it was pretty damn taxing. Granted they changed the way a lot of the skills synergize with prot.
I haven't really done any tanking in Legion, but I suspect Preach (who's a professional analyst of all things warcraft) is probably right... and Guanyi's experience here is probably reflective of the typical WoW tank.

In all likelihood, when my month of token-bought time runs out, I'm gonna take another break from WoW, because the game play is, like, 100x better than it was in WoD, but that's NOT good enough to keep me playing. 100x better than WoD is still kinda poor.
10/02/2016 10:46 PMPosted by Dimpishly
I haven't really done any tanking in Legion, but I suspect Preach (who's a professional analyst of all things warcraft) is probably right.

Isn't whether something is boring or not a subjective opinion and not something that can be quantified?
I mean it's pretty subjective topic, but tanking becomes a lot more stressful at higher difficulties.

Once your reach harder content OP tanking can be really fun. Constantly managing defensive to maximize healer mana and your own survival is quite the challenge!
I quite enjoy Brewmaster tanking.

I was very bored with other tanking specs though.
I love paladin tanking, but fun is subjective so some may not enjoy it.
First and most important who's this "preach"?

Second I havent seen many BM monks to be honest.. could be worse, you could be a prot war that only sits there with barely rage and the rage you get is just to use ignore pain while avoiding the fire on the ground..
Warrior Tanking is absolutely abysmal. Awful. Terrible.
Dunno man, I was raid leading + main tanking H Ursoc last night and it was pretty damn engaging (i.e. challenging). I'm having fun.
10/02/2016 10:49 PMPosted by Boltskill
10/02/2016 10:46 PMPosted by Dimpishly
I haven't really done any tanking in Legion, but I suspect Preach (who's a professional analyst of all things warcraft) is probably right.

Isn't whether something is boring or not a subjective opinion and not something that can be quantified?

You bet.

I enjoy tanking on my prot warrior.
Maybe if they nerf tanks another 10%, they'll be exciting.
Because you're doing it wrong.
Bear tanking is fun. I like that there isn't a significant wait time between abilities and that there are plenty of off-GCD abilities peppered in.
10/02/2016 10:38 PMPosted by Guanyi
Title says it all. Tanking is garbage in legion, and I regret allowing my guildies to talk me into tanking for them. Ive been around since vanilla and tanking raids since TBC, and I am here to say..... its garbo. I would reroll dps, but I'm not spending another 400 hours on this game redoing everything I just did. I will continue to progress through heroic EN, and as other guildies start leaving the game, I will be right behind them. BTW, I rolled a brewmaster.... And I have a vengeance DH @ 850, ugh. I've played every tanking spec in legion and ugh....
Blizz tried to reinvent the wheel and failed. ITS BORING BLIZZARD, IT WASNT BORING BEFORE YOU MADE IT BORING, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????

Pretty sure it's a you thing and not a game thing. You sound incredibly burnt out. My friends are loving their tanks. Oh and catching up on OS gear/artifact is so easy as a tank. Yeah you might have to tank a bit to get your dps OS caught up, but come on, level with me here; you know it's not that bad and you have insta mythic dungeon invites, so it's not like it should take that long anyways. I caught my shadow OS up in just a few days rolling through dungeons as a healer.
I like tanking its pretty fun.
I also enjoyed brewmaster tanking, and I completed +5 Mythic on my brewmaster. Brewmaster at that level content, makes me feels like I'm walking up the wrong way on an escalator . Trying to race against the stagger bar, but guess what, the stagger bar never stops, lol. Raiding as a brewmaster was fun, but I was bullied so much and rejected from so many groups that I just rerolled. Unfortunately the only other tanking spec I found enjoyable was Vengeance DH. I've cleared +4 mythics with my DH at 838IL. I feel more stressed tanking now than I have in any other expansion. I'm sure if I were on a warrior, I may have a different opinion, but I would be bored out of my skull....
Its his OPINION

Yes, tanking lost a lot of complexity and got simplified a ton, he is right about that

But is it boring? Thats up to the individual to decide