Fury Community Feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 32 Next
10/03/2016 02:36 PMPosted by Shirt
10/03/2016 02:29 PMPosted by Anbhogo
I just recently acquired the legendary mannoroth bracers, and funnily enough, this is what Fury base healing should be like. Fury's enrage damage increase is instantly balanced out by these bracers that are also available to Prot/Arms.

Blizzard, look at these bracers and effective they heal and synergize with rage gen, this should be what Fury heals around baseline. That's part of the fury class fantasy no?

I've been hoping I get these but the ridiculous RNG on these legendaries are making me give up hope I'll get them anytime in the next few months because of my playstyle choices. (BGs over dungeons.)

As I keep saying with the people who spam fighter chow in regards to our issues:
External sources should not be "fixing" broken spec mechanics.

I agree entirely, that was essentially my point.

The amount of healing you get from Mannoroth's (which isn't OP by any means, just awesome) should be the baseline amount for Fury. My arms/prot spec with Mannoroth's heals for far more than baseline Fury, and the healing isn't by any means over the top. We're talking like 15-25k per second.

Fury is supposed to have tremendous self-healing to offset taking 30% more damage with a bigger HP pool to lighten the load on healers, but right now, bloodthirst's healing is a pittance. 4% every ~3-4s that hinges on attacking, that's less than most specs passively heal for (guys like feral/sub), and fury has to ACTIVELY heal, attack.
Once again, thanks for the thoughts and feedback on Fury. We are still in the processing of discussing all the feedback we've received, so I don't have any updates to share at this time.

Hoping I can have something to share with you guys this week. :)
I just recently acquired the legendary mannoroth bracers, and funnily enough, this is what Fury base healing should be like. Fury's enrage damage increase is instantly balanced out by these bracers that are also available to Prot/Arms.

Blizzard, look at these bracers and effective they heal and synergize with rage gen, this should be what Fury heals around baseline. That's part of the fury class fantasy no?

I'm starting to see what people are saying about Legendaries in this expansion.

Guy with the Stone Heart comes in, acting like there's nothing wrong with our DPS. I guess if you get our old Sudden Death mechanic back and can use Massacre it makes things a lot better.

Guy with the self-heal bracers comes in saying that just healing 1% for 10 rage spent is enough to offset our increased damage intake.

To me this looks like they deliberately left our spec with these gaping holes and assumed that everyone would just use their legendaries to fix it.

So at this point I guess we all just need to pray to RNG that we get the tools necessary to be a whole class.

10/03/2016 02:45 PMPosted by Ornyx
Once again, thanks for the thoughts and feedback on Fury. We are still in the processing of discussing all the feedback we've received, so I don't have any updates to share at this time.

A wild Ornyx appears!

Quick, catch him!

Thank you Ornyx :) I really appreciate this kind of post I'm glad to hear that are concerns are being discussed. I really hope something positive comes out of it, esp. with regards to survivability.
10/03/2016 02:46 PMPosted by Melaroi

I'm starting to see what people are saying about Legendaries in this expansion.

Guy with the Stone Heart comes in, acting like there's nothing wrong with our DPS. I guess if you get our old Sudden Death mechanic back and can use Massacre it makes things a lot better.

Guy with the self-heal bracers comes in saying that just healing 1% for 10 rage spent is enough to offset our increased damage intake.

To me this looks like they deliberately left our spec with these gaping holes and assumed that everyone would just use their legendaries to fix it.

So at this point I guess we all just need to pray to RNG that we get the tools necessary to be a whole class.

A wild Ornyx appears!

Quick, catch him!

God damn it's like no one actually reads my post LMAO.

I'm not saying Fury is fine because Mannoroth's exists and L2P. I'm saying the exact OPPOSITE. The level of healing that Mannoroth's legendary provides is the level that should be baseline for Fury which is the self-healing warrior spec.

Just read yall lol.

Thank you for the consideration. It really means a lot! Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks Ornyx.

Hoping for some good news!
10/03/2016 02:36 PMPosted by Shirt
External sources should not be "fixing" broken spec mechanics.

So much this. It makes me cringe to think that this is Blizzard's goal with Fury considering there is a much greater chance that we won't get this gear.

Also, for the record, I'm fine not getting a legendary. What I'm not fine with is my spec being broken unless I have one.
Just echoing a sentiment expressed many times this thread, but I personally feel that if we're going to take so much increased damage, a well played fury warrior should be putting out very large amounts of dps.

That said, I would be content to just be good enough for a raid to consider. Fury needs something to bring to the table that would make a group leader consider us even though we take SO MUCH damage.

Appreciate the response even if there's nothing you can tell us right now. I really hope the posts here make it to these discussions - I think that these handful of numerical changes would do wonders to spec balance and make Fury feel much more polished. They are intended to be as much as QoL changes as they are DPS increases.

Thanks ... http://i.imgur.com/4nd1EVb.png
As long as fury is in the eye of a blue, the buffs for Wrecking Ball and Massacre don't fall off when the spell they proc is used, it takes about 0.5s in the case of WB and almost a full GCD in the case of Massacre. 95% sure it has something to do with the buff waiting for the full 'effect' of the spells finishing before disappearing.

Also, If a mob dies when you use a rampage being proc'd by massacre before the full 'duration' is used, you won't lose the buff.
I dunno, our class seems pretty solid.

Enraged regeneration is a terrible defensive mechanism and we could use some more DPS buffs but outside of that class is fine.

(I have legendary rankings)

Also if we take 30% more damage than everyone else, we should do 30% more damage than everyone else.
I love fury but I'm currently forced to play arms just from the sheer lack of damage that fury offers. Even in an AoE situation, I find arms better from one Strom+Bladestorm every minute and a half than fury can put out.

I don't want Fury to take less damage. I just want them to be able to put out damage that is worth sacrificing 30% damage taken. I want them to be this class fantasy that actually deals as much damage as they should for being a plated glass cannon.
10/03/2016 03:05 PMPosted by Juggalo
I dunno, our class seems pretty solid.

Says the mythic raider prot warrior. I assume you've been with your guild for a while and haven't had to fight for a spot in quite some time, huh?

For a lot of us, we don't share this experience and it makes a big difference. I just want blizzard to understand that in case they don't already.

But your other points are valid.

THANK YOU!!!!
10/03/2016 02:49 PMPosted by Anbhogo
God damn it's like no one actually reads my post LMAO.

I'm not saying Fury is fine because Mannoroth's exists and L2P. I'm saying the exact OPPOSITE. The level of healing that Mannoroth's legendary provides is the level that should be baseline for Fury which is the self-healing warrior spec.

Just read yall lol.

I'm not saying that at all. I just noticed that some of our common complaints are solved by legendaries. It seems silly that something that is supposed to be a bonus instead brings us up to another class' baseline. So I understood what you meant and agree 100%

I was referring to the various complaint threads about legendaries where people were complaining that RNG as a gate to performance is not a good design decision, and not to your post at all.

Although that one guy from earlier in the thread did come across that way, asking us all to link personal logs so he could tell us what we were doing wrong. I took that to mean what we were doing wrong compared to his warrior, which was 865 and had the Stone Heart.

why are warriors the only ones to pay the hybrid tax? druids, dks, dh, monks, paladins, shaman, priests, all have better healing options and defensive cooldowns, all while bring the similar damage and in some cases more than warriors? how is that acceptable?
I have to almost completely disagree with op....

1. Juggernaut is an awful artifact talent. I'd prefer a complete rework instead of working to play with 2 buttons unless popping cd buffs at 20%.
2. Furious Slash needs to be deleted. It's an awful ability to press. I'd buff bloodthirst's crit chance to reduce the rng and keep the rotation consistent that betters with gear instead of having to press such a crap ability that makes no sense with everything else we do.
3. Enrage offers no gameplay through talents. buffing warpaint or buffing our damage taken does nothing thematically. I'd be glad to take more damage if it mean MORE DAMAGE. which we clearly didn't get any. this won't fix our survivability outside of raids one bit. We need way better healing and way better defensive cd's than what we got period.
4. I'd love for rage of the valarjar to proc when we battle cry and make odyn's champion viable enough for us to not depend on such exaggerated RNG for more damage on everything we have. One of the biggest holes we have is Avatar. I'd remove it completely and spread damage to our abilities while reworking that entire talent tree.

I don't want to be complacent or have any happy mediums on a spec that clearly needs work in a lot of areas to fit the awesome rotation idea blizz made. I'm still waiting for rampage to not be a rage dump. It should hit almost twice as hard as raging blow on single target AT LEAST. There's potential everywhere, but in almost every single way we don't get to be where we should be.
Great job team! Keep up the feedback and constructive thoughts. We will surely get the ball rolling on this. The more feedback, direction, and brain storming we can knock out for the devs the easier the job is ultimately.