Demonic Empowerment has to Go

Warlock
It is hands-down the worst mechanic of any class in the game in its current iteration.

Making it a damage CD rather than maintenance buff after summoning any demon would be a huge start in the right direction for Demo
Yeah its my least fav part of demo... Lot of poor design with the latest revamp.
Sure demonic empowerment is the worst mechanic, and it doesn't look stylish.
It is however, a very useful tool to a demo lock. Extra haste means it allows your minions to attack faster AND cast spells, such as disruptions faster. This is very viable to deal a lot of DPS, and it master demonology get makes it better. (Due to it adding a damage boost to DE)
The spell is just plain stupid for what it is but it is doable in a really annoying not fun kind of way.

It needs to go.

The worst part of it is the absolutely ear wrenching shing sound it makes. Its literally the loudest sound effect in the game and easily double the amount of annoying than the spell itself.

Why does blizz think empowering demons should sound like some kid took a metal weiner stick and scraped it across one of their cars in the parking lot of blizz headquarters? Whoever made that sound up should be fired immediately and replaced with someone who wants to give the players a good experience.

All you hear when playing demo is ching ching ching ching ching ching ching ching ching etc etc etc repeating of course.

What are they deaf over there in the dev department?
All I have to say is this... Inquisition. Anyone remember this buff upkeep that was removed because it wasnt fun at all? If it was removed then why bring in what is basically the same thing that you have to cast more? Its not like its cast on you for 12 seconds and transfers to your pets and summons, it is cast on the pets you have out so any more that you summon you have to cast it again and again.
It just needs to be instant cast with a small cool down. It's actually just that simple.
Meh I don't mind it too much, since now it basically functions as our filler spell if you run with Power Trip. I think going forward, if they INSIST on keeping the empower thing, it should always grant shards and always do damage.
the fact that this is a year old thread and yet still 100% relevant makes me sad
At the very least, it needs to be instant cast. Possibly with a short cool down.
Turn DE into the old meta, slightly buff all pet damage to compensate for the missing attack speed, and lower the mana cost of all abilities.
Lol but Blozzard wants you to spam that DE, AKA the most un-fun spell in WoW.
09/30/2017 06:22 AMPosted by Pepperstep
It just needs to be instant cast with a small cool down. It's actually just that simple.

this is a much better idea than removing it.
09/30/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Hotpwnsta
Lol but Blozzard wants you to spam that DE, AKA the most un-fun spell in WoW.

Or make it cast while moving.
Remove it.

Change mastery to increase the hp,haste, and damage of all demons based on mastery.

Bring meta form back with a different name. My favorite i see used in legion is demonic ascension by warlocks in arcway.

Reguardless it is worst of the designs by a designer. Remove it and improve demons. I want to maintain control of 2 infernals like the old wow cinematic or dual demons. Demo i s strong enough
I think DE is the main reason (but certainly not the only reason) a lot of players, myself included, chose not to play Demo. Don't anticipate it going away or getting changed to a CD till the next expac.
09/30/2017 06:22 AMPosted by Pepperstep

Or castable while moving.
Or removed.