I'm logging in less and less

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
10/01/2016 12:46 PMPosted by Arolith
Now, i hit 851 on my DH and thought...ok I should probably go raid or something. Turns out I'm terrible at raiding now, and not as good as I used to be. So, raiding holds no interest for me, as I didn't do it last X-Pac either. So back to dungeoning. I'm just bored.

It's a sign you're a healthy individual.

I log in hardly at all compared to the obsessive time I put in when I first started the game, and - que surprise! - I enjoy the game a LOT more.
10/01/2016 01:10 PMPosted by Echõ
Gating alts, artifact weapons, and professions is what's killing Legion for most people.

Get rid of that, and people will enjoy Legion a lot more.

At the least, they need to get rid of separate artifact power for different specs.

This 10/10.

The artifact design is by far the most poorly designed and thought out thing I have seen out of blizzard too date, by far.

What keeps people playing this game is VARIETY. This means alts. This means off-specs.

Both of which are dead in Legion.

I have zero desire to level alts. I finally reluctantly leveled my warlock to 110 when outlaw rogue became unplayable last week but as soon as I hit 110, the thought of regrinding everything I just did on my rogue was simply not appealing. I'm already bored with the same repetative world quests. The thought of not having flying for at least a year is even further discouragement. The manner in which kids exploit things now days like kicking people from mythic +'s after they use someone for their key and other immature, self-centered crap like that you see more and more frequently now days.

I then thought about leveling my druid up who is my alchemist because I can't afford 3k for a flask due to herbalism being poorly done in legioon with far far far too few nodes. I got to 102 and lost interest.

So here I sit, the last week having hardly played at all. I login, try to get interested in doing something, kick off a few missions, then ultimately end up logging out.

I've already cancelled my subs and if my mind doesn't change by the time my remaining 17 days runs out, I'm gone. And gone for good. I'm even going to delete my characters so I'm less tempted to come back.

I've lost confidence in Blizzards current staff. You saw what a disaster WoD was and everyone knew Blizzard had to hit it out of the park with Legion yet what we got was yet another minimal R&D, half-!@# cash grab like WoD. Once again horribly untuned classes and you're gonna sit here for the next 18-months waiting for patches and hot fixes and other carrot-on-a-stick tactics. Not me. I'm done with the games.

You're gonna see more and more threads like this as the new car smell wears off for more and more people and the reality sets in.
10/01/2016 01:05 PMPosted by Arolith
I realize that. I have been playing my warlock and my rogue, but then I get to thinking about what my DH had to go through. It's just not appealing to me for some reason. Is there a better way to look at it? What's your point of view? Perhaps I just need a new perspective.

I just want to add my 2 cents on playing alts. I play alts to have a different view of the game, not just a different class. I don't set the same goal for my alts as for my main, because that would most likely end up doing the same thing over and over again.

In my opinion, to enjoy playing your alts, you need to first let go the mindset to make them having the same gear ilevel as your DH, having the same artifact weapon rank, or trying for the best possible. If that is your goal, you'll not only go through the same as your DH, you'd also feel stressed for trying to catch up.

Legion has several options to gear up (or progress) at level cap. Right now, for people who tried to progress as far as possible, they most likely have done all of them. So when it comes to alts, do something differently, and don't do them all. For example, forget about doing WQ on alts and save your trouble from worrying about repuatations. Level your warlock to 110 and run dungeons to see them in the eyes of a ranged. Level your rogue and PvP to see what these honor talents are about. Or level a hybrid class and try healing for once.
Isn't it always the same thing? Every expansion I played is hell for alts until late in the xpack.

Wrath didn't have rep tabards at launch, and Heroics weren't faceroll yet nor did they award juicy badge gear. And the very thought of having to do Argent Tourney dailies again makes my blood boil.

MoP had the daily hell at the beginning, worse than AP and world quests if you ask me since at least you can perform your role without spending tons of AP, while you often needed the MoP dailies to get anywhere until Isle of Thunder.

WoD was ridiculously alt friendly when it was out for 1+ year and Tanaan threw gear and garrison ressources at us. Beforehand it was a long grind to get a garrison set up on every alt.

I suspect Legion will the same way. Long grind at the start, then catch-up mechanisms added, as well as AK taking less and less long, so that by the mid point of the xpack things are back to being easier as usual.

I just don't think we should absolutely judge the alt friendlyness of the expansion a month in, before the catch-ups are actually introduced in earnest. I'm not Blizzard ever supported players having a stable of alts at a power level comparable to their main in the early months of an expansion. If you only play alts casually, you definitely don't need to farm tons of AP for each of them.
10/02/2016 08:59 AMPosted by Targon
I just don't think we should absolutely judge the alt friendlyness of the expansion a month in, before the catch-ups are actually introduced in earnest. I'm not Blizzard ever supported players having a stable of alts at a power level comparable to their main in the early months of an expansion. If you only play alts casually, you definitely don't need to farm tons of AP for each of them.

Well i am one that is not waiting some time frame that blizz decides to let us have an easier go with off spec artifacts. I surly am not waiting until MID xpac for them to decide to help alts out neither. As i stated before, where did this "Main" Alt" crap come from? It was not blizz. It was the players that came up with that term in original WoW because of the hard !@#$ time it was to play more than one character.

Even back then i had NO MAIN, i had 3 characters that i worked on and they were ALL "Mains". Because raids were always looking for either A,B,or C and i usually had one of them to fill a raid spot. I have ALWAYS had many "mains" ready to go, why, in a subscription game like this should we be locked into a single character and spec(as we are at this moment in Legion) and not have the ability to have more "Mains" ready to go to fill out teams or just to play variety, variety of classes, specs, professions, you name it. Never since original WoW have we been so boxed in, in what we can do without extreme burnout within a week.

When blizz decides to make fix the game, make it so we are not forced into one character, let us choose from our MANY "Mains" to play, i will come back. Until then they can keep this narrowly fixated design of one all mighty character to pick and play(and hope the nerf hammer does not ruin it like the hammer has already), then blizz might see a bunch of people come back because of their horrible design flaw.

I can not say this enough. My friends list, compiled over yesrs seen 20 people come back, from the 3-4 that were playing in all of WoD for Legion just to quit, left, not looking back, gone. Most were raiders and my list is down to 2-4 people with one player playing the same ID name in 2 different zones somehow. So legion IS driving players away, and the biggest reason i have seen it the Garrisons 2.0 called Order Halls, and the idiotic gating and grind while leveling and then it is worse, 10 fold at 110.

Until then, you will not see me in game after Tuesday.
Look at wrath. The X-Pac that a lot of the player base enjoyed. The continent was big. It didn't feel cramped, there was a LOT more to do, zones needed flying, reputation was pretty easy to get a handle on due to rep tabards. I liked that.

What more was there to do? Honestly, we are doing just about the same crap as we have every other expansion. In wrath you hit cap, grinded rep, ran heroic dungeons and then raided. You had your standard dailies. I think many players look at wrath as a whole with the argent tournament, and all kinds of stuff that was added throughout the expansion.
The continent is SO small, I very worried about that. It feels more like a patch than an entire expansion. Just look how much LARGER and more expansive Pandaria was in MoP.
10/01/2016 01:21 PMPosted by Bizzel
what did we have in wrath we don't have now? i played back then too and i cant think of what you are referring too

it sounds like you are just getting tired of a 13 year old game to me

Thats the problem with most of these people, that and burnout because they played way too much. But no it cant be them it has to be the game right...right? They should sit back and look at how much time they have spent in wow, and realize they did this to themselves. There is no hurry, you arent a bleeding edge raider trying for world firsts. Slow down.
10/02/2016 11:05 AMPosted by Shelyna
10/01/2016 01:21 PMPosted by Bizzel
what did we have in wrath we don't have now? i played back then too and i cant think of what you are referring too

it sounds like you are just getting tired of a 13 year old game to me

Thats the problem with most of these people, that and burnout because they played way too much. But no it cant be them it has to be the game right...right? They should sit back and look at how much time they have spent in wow, and realize they did this to themselves. There is no hurry, you arent a bleeding edge raider trying for world firsts. Slow down.

Please. This expac has been the fastest I have leveled to max, with the least amount of game play to get to max level. The game has gotten faster only to hit a pace brick wall once one hits max level. No one is racing at breakneck speed to get to max. It is really not hard at all to level. The pace is lopsided and it just makes the max level pace feel unbalanced with leveling pace. When I, a casual, hit max level in the time of a weekend, the game pace is quick. That is not a bad thing.. As I tend to get burnt out of zones if im in them for too long. But not providing enough content to match the pace of the game they started with, becomes major when you go from Road Runner to Eeyore in terms of game pace and content. It's night and day..
Raiding is all I log in for now. WQs meh...Rep meh...AP meeeeeh. There's not much feeling of advancement. Just a slow crawl with very little reward. Actually the only thing I do feel like I'm getting somewhere is with the mission table and raising follower ilvl. But isn't that the opposite of what we wanted???
World quests are really dull
The progression is way too easy so it become tedious in a very short time.

Back then, dungeons were hard, heroic dungeons were even harder, so you spent a lot of time going through those. I understand in WoTLK they were getting easier, but it was no where near what is it today, where you can hit 110 and just roll through a "heroic" dungeon.

The AP quests are just "tag tag tag", fight a mob here and there, get AP. It's so monotonous and boring it really is getting old fast.

Everything just feels way too simple and easy which is why I think everyone is getting sick of the grind and getting bored already.

Even mythics are becoming easily plowed through, there is literally 0 challenge in the game unless you raid (and not in LFR) which is why people who aren't raiders, are already sick of the game. It presents no challenges to the player to push themselves, it's just one big time gated, tag, tag, tag grind fest now.

Most games offer some difficult aspect, even the elite WQs, players can just wait a few minutes until higher geared players come and just tag it and get credit, and your done. Then what?

And I don't even want to get started with AP.
10/02/2016 07:00 AMPosted by Berqelus
10/02/2016 06:42 AMPosted by Malevolencia

This is what I don't get. Aside from the gate to CoS and Arcway, there isn't a gate. AP? You are not supposed to max your weapon out within the first month of launch. The fact that every day I see the same BS of people whining that the "AP grind is too hard" makes my face hurt. Blizz gave us a ton of content right out of the gate - content that SHOULD cater to just about every type of player, but because the carrion swarm cannot consume all of said content within a couple of weeks, that must mean it's bad. :|

It literally took me less than a day to catch my off spec up, 2 traits behind my main spec...but that's probably asking too much from most. heh.

You don't get it because you don't read.

You are another single character progression player that doesn't the grasp the concept of other peoples playstyles.

Professions are gated by dungeon and raid content. If you max professions on alts you need to be able to gear those alts and get AP in order to do the content.

What may be doable for you on a single character is a nightmare on a half dozen characters.

Legion has been built around a single playstyle that in the past has been a small segment of the player base. Look at the front page of the forums and all the issues it's created.

Oh man... Good luck with real life.
stop grinding start looking around you and reading !@#$
It's already on page 6 but I'll post my thoughts.

Wotlk was the best. But I remember grinding and dailies and getting bored with them too. So I raided and everything I did non raiding, was prepping for raiding (mostly alchemy so my guild had pots).

It is very important to remember we don't have 7.1 and those quests yet. Blizzard promised us content but some people are going to get bored waiting for it.... a game company cannot make everyone happy.

So.... take a break. Only log in to keep your artifact research going and then when 7.1 comes, jump back in.

Personally, I am working on leveling my alts through doing whatever quest line looks most fun at the time, and with the class and tradeskill quests. I'm not forcing all quests in every zone to be done. My shaman is still having fun in Suramar and finding WQ she hasn't done yet, but I'm limited them to emissary so I don't get burnt out. I'm making gold like crazy on the AH, saving up for a yak (finally)..... I have defined goals in game that interest me..... if you can't find any, definitely break time.

And that's ok.
10/02/2016 01:40 PMPosted by Vincalys
stop grinding start looking around you and reading !@#$

I do read things, and i do look around at the scenery. All the time. I'm stuck on the ground trying to take good looks at the environment but I'm busy getting attacked constantly :)
I get the impression that some of these people whining about content are the ones that play for 12 hours a day...

Go outside. Your pale. Your momma hasnt talked to you in two weeks...
10/02/2016 02:20 PMPosted by Straker
I get the impression that some of these people whining about content are the ones that play for 12 hours a day...

Go outside. Your pale. Your momma hasnt talked to you in two weeks...

Um...I'll mention a third time. I'm deployed. The middle East kind of thing. Most folks aren't even logging in for more than 4 hours nowadays due to things previously stated. Which is what this post is about...
10/02/2016 10:51 AMPosted by Dewan
Look at wrath. The X-Pac that a lot of the player base enjoyed. The continent was big. It didn't feel cramped, there was a LOT more to do, zones needed flying, reputation was pretty easy to get a handle on due to rep tabards. I liked that.

What more was there to do? Honestly, we are doing just about the same crap as we have every other expansion. In wrath you hit cap, grinded rep, ran heroic dungeons and then raided. You had your standard dailies. I think many players look at wrath as a whole with the argent tournament, and all kinds of stuff that was added throughout the expansion.

The content in Wrath and previous expansions was never doable infinitely for guaranteed increases in character power. That is not "the same". Infinite grinding to power your character has never been possible in this game before at max level.
My wife and I have been playing for years. Retirees. Could the game be better? Absolutely. Repetitive? You bet. Meet some jerks in the game? Sure. Same in real life. But I still smile when I hear my wife saying "Mount up. Follow me. Ride through the trash".