A solution to the raid locked cosmetic skin.

General Discussion
09/28/2016 01:22 PMPosted by Weihu
Given that it will take months of clears to get the essence, it does seem a bit much to ask of alts.

You're joking right?
First week of doing the quest and i'm at 9/30 -- and some people in my raid already have over 14.

Months? More like a few weeks.
09/28/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Bawky
Given that it will take months of clears to get the essence, it does seem a bit much to ask of alts.

You're joking right?
First week of doing the quest and i'm at 9/30 -- and some people in my raid already have over 14.

There's been reports of people getting none. Seems its all RNG.
Or we could just keep it how it is. This is coming from someone who has never raided and only does LFR.

Its just a cosmetic. The purpose of LFR is so that people who do not want to raid can still see the story. That is why the Suramar story quests such as "The Stuff of Dreams" can be completed in LFR while things like this require normal.
09/28/2016 01:18 PMPosted by Gwuran
Did you read the post, or did you see the title and skip straight to your post? My compromise is doing the quest line at least once, and then having it unlocked on your alts.

Is it necessary? No. Would it make quality of life a bit better? Yes. I don't disagree, but I also wouldn't mind a bit of a compromise.

I read your post, yes. I still don't see the compromise as being the answer as I imagine the idea was to encourage people to go into the raids.
6 months from now the people !@#$%ing about not having time for alts will be ^-*!@ about having nothing to do in the game.
09/28/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Bawky

You're joking right?

They drop from multiple difficulties in the same week unlike most raid quests, so yes, you could get 21 chances a week and higher difficulties could have better drop chances.

Personally after 7 normal and 2 heroic kills last week I have 3. It'd be a minimum 5 weeks for anyone not raiding multiple difficulties every week.

Its not totally obscene, but I think alts have plenty of meat without this.

If it wasn't time sensitive (certain you can't do it after Legion) I wouldn't care at all either.
It baffles me that people have an issue with having to raid to get cosmetic appearances.

This is no different than wanting a transmog that only drops in the raid, yet no one is complaining about that. If you want it, you do the content that it's locked behind or you wait until you outgear it.

You don't whine and expect Blizzard to hand it to you.
09/28/2016 01:34 PMPosted by Blakebone
I would be fine with it staying character only if we could unlock the other variants without having the need to raid. This way everyone keep their special reward and non raiders can get the reward for doing dungeons or world boss.

This 100%. It's frustrating that they locked the rest of the tier behind this one quuest chain, especially given how rare the Essences appear to be. Personally, I've killed 9 bosses on normal so farm and gotten 0. I personally think that the best solution is allowing the quest to be done in LFR on alts once you've completed it the current way.
09/28/2016 01:31 PMPosted by Wariya
09/28/2016 01:27 PMPosted by Infernastorm
It's a cosmetic reward, for the love of god. Go do the raid content and get the reward.

This isn't rocket science.

But if you are non-raider and don;t want to raid then how you gonna get the skin??? Yu can;t farm it after the expansion now can you

i can understand the color but the entire row locked o_0

If you don't go through the raid then you don't get the reward. Just like you didn't get the moose from Heroic/mythic HFC or the wolf from SoO which were also removed. Do or do not those are your choices. There are other cosmetic rewards for you to earn if you refuse to do the content associated with this one.
09/28/2016 01:10 PMPosted by Herbert
You know its bad when you want to play your alt, but remember that it'll take the same amount of time to progress him, as it was for your main.

Well you are starting on a another toon, why wouldnt it take about the same time? You have two freaking years to get stuff done, why is everyone trying to have everything in a month? Do you not see a problem with that?