Quitting unless things get better.

General Discussion
10/02/2016 08:06 AMPosted by Owlpacino
Gating ANYTHING behind raiding/mythics is just plain stupid - And I'm the type that wants to raid and do mythics, so this isn't a complaint based on something I do or don't want to do, I just think it's terrible game design - Even for aesthetic rewards.

Lolwut? Let's just give everything to everyone then! Why should players who spend more time and effort into something get better rewards right?, why should people feel compelled to do more stuff at the game to get prizes?. Why do things the way every other videogame ever does?.

That complain makes absolutely no sense. It's the nature of a videogame to give you NEW rewards, specially aesthetic stuff, if you complete it on harder, longer levels of investment.

That entitled attitude is why blizzard can't attempt anything because in the end people just want things thrown at them , they don't even want to attempt to play, they just want the prizes.
10/02/2016 08:12 AMPosted by Xyona
Kindly speak for yourself please when you do this "kind" of threads.

Do you see a whole lot of happy people on the forums? I think using "we" is justified even if the reasons are different.

I've been seeing these kind of threads since cata so yeah don't bunch us all with this little unsub crusade that's been going since forever hell people even made unsub posts because pandas were added
10/02/2016 08:19 AMPosted by Owlpacino
10/02/2016 08:14 AMPosted by Nastani
...Who is "we?"

The people making "quit" threads...

Then state that, don't say we like you're speaking for the vast majority of the community.

You do not speak for me nor anyone else because we all have different opinions on the matter in question. This isn't a game where you get everything right from the start and win, this is a game where you have to work for what you have in the very end is the reward.
10/02/2016 08:33 AMPosted by Jostlen
Just to throw my feedback on the pile, I am loving Legion so far.
10/02/2016 08:13 AMPosted by Mikrolock
Do you see a whole lot of happy people on the forums? I think using "we" is justified even if the reasons are different.

It's the forums...the people here are not the majority of WoW and most of the forum population just complains about everything no matter how great the expansion is. It's very obvious this expansion is miles ahead of anything we've seen in awhile.
10/02/2016 08:18 AMPosted by Owlpacino
...."I know a thousand threads like these get old - But perhaps we will start to drill the message in - We are not happy. "

The people making the "quit" threads are very likely not happy.

I suppose they may be really happy, because they quit... But as for their feelings towards the game, definitely on a more negative side.

And most of them don't quit...

They're just here to complain. Just like you. You won't quit.
Every expansion has these types of threads, but people actually in the game seem far happier than I have seen them in the past. In WoD for instance people were dropping like flies and constantly complaining in /gu about "facebook mini games" and the sort.

This expac.. people are just talking about what they are doing or what they are planning to do. You know.. enjoying themselves.
I realize I do need to get better, but this problem wasn't the same last expansion, something changed, something I hate.

This sums up pretty much every single problem.

So when do you choose to get better? You obviously didn't last expansion. Do you choose this expansion to learn how to play better? Or do you complain and wait for the next expansion to get easier for you so that everything is literally dropped in your lap?

Raids and Mythics are the easiest they've been since they were created. Gear literally falls from the sky. You do a Mythic+ and you're guaranteed a piece of gear every week.

How are people struggling?
I know they can't please everyone all the time and I am only speaking for myself when I say this has been my least favorite expansion and I have been around since classic WOW.

It's no biggie - I am just shelving the game for awhile, waiting to see if a few things are changed/fixed.
Cosmetic things should not be gated behind heroic or mythic raids...

STOP FORCING PEOPLE TO HIGH LEVEL RAID.
10/02/2016 09:18 AMPosted by Blimpo
Cosmetic things should not be gated behind heroic or mythic raids...

STOP FORCING PEOPLE TO HIGH LEVEL RAID.

Who's forcing you?. You want a reward? work -play- for it. Even those "facebook games" people mock all the time give you cosmetic stuff for playing the higher levels of difficulty. It's pretty dumb to pretend you need to be catered and gifted everything.
10/02/2016 10:56 AMPosted by Averyx
Who's forcing you?. You want a reward? work -play- for it.

What's going to end up happening is that the people who have no desire to do Normal difficulty right now are going to wait until later on when the ILvL of catch-up gear greatly exceeds that available from the Emerald Nightmare raid and just plow through the Normal difficulty (though, mechanics are still important).

Assuming they haven't quit by then.
Legion is awesome so far for me.
I know a thousand threads like these get old - But perhaps we will start to drill the message in - We are not happy.

Legendaries are a complete joke. RNG has so many people getting them while leveling, from the chests of worthlessness ( emissary ), etc - While a lot of us dedicated players see no legendary in site.

Mythic+ was just done wrong. Timers are awful because one death, battle rez, means a disconnection ( why does this even happen? ) which means you are far less likely to meet the timer expectations. I've had fun in the groups where absolutely everything goes right on Blizzards end and their own, but that was less often.

PvP is not very fun for me this expansion - I loved casual bg's, skirmishes and such but it seems this expansion is crazy loaded with melee, and did you buff their interrupts, stuns, etc? I can't EVER get one cast off - I realize I do need to get better, but this problem wasn't the same last expansion, something changed, something I hate.

Gating ANYTHING behind raiding/mythics is just plain stupid - And I'm the type that wants to raid and do mythics, so this isn't a complaint based on something I do or don't want to do, I just think it's terrible game design - Even for aesthetic rewards.

Same thing with PVP/underbelly - No professions, quests, anything should require any amount of PVP on a PVE server.

"Anything can happen" Is an awful, terrible quote in an MMO. This isn't an ARPG. This isn't roulette, we spend our time aiming for things we desire, and when you introduce more and more RNG, you take away our desire because we have no clear goal other than to keep on playing, keep on playing - Dishonest business decision in my opinion.

Awwwww

You must be new :p Tissue?
I just want to say I'm loving this Xpac, only gripe is gating my alts to questing for any kind of progression. Why can't my healer just do instances to get to end game lol.
I elected OP via electoral college to represent my views and interests on these forums in regards to my views on the current expansion.
Gotta say the OP speaks for me too.

1. This is my only 110. I have nothing else above a 102, although I have done the artifact quests on all classes.

2. The one class that I've truly enjoyed playing so far this xpac, my DK, seems to be woefully underpowered. I'm not holding my breath for any Mythic 5 man invites, even after I improve my gear.

3. World quests...yay, just what I need - more gold and Bloods!

4. Artifact Power, both in trying to power up an alt or trying to power up a new spec. They need a better catch up mechanism, or allow for a percentage of AP on the first weapon to be applied to the 2nd, etc.

5. Healing? Feh. Not enjoying leveling as one on my druid, and going and getting the guardian artifact doesn't make it much better.

So yeah...this one will be the first xpac since BC where I don't have every class at max level. This DK may be my ONLY max level toon.

Twas fun while it lasted.
PvP is in a really bad state right now.. STUN STUN STUNS ROOT ROOT STUN STUN FEAR STUN STUN ROOT STUN ROOT

PvE is fine, I'm enjoying the current raid.
I've seen folks get 2-3 legendary items before others see one, I find that frustrating but thats my only complaint.
I upvoted you for your name. Owlpacino. I seriously love that.